Parent reviews for I'll Be Home for Christmas

I'll Be Home for Christmas Poster Image

Not sure why this site says it's okay for 9 and up.

I'm a little disappointed with the rating system for this movie. I rely on common sense media for our family movie nights . I ended up needing to fast forward so many times that I finally just turned it off . We are not an uptight family but I do however believe in keeping children innocent for as long as we can , which can be quite difficult nowadays . For this reason I use common sense media to check certain categories before turning on a movie . I'm greatly disappointed with there not being anything in the sexual category previously for this movie . While it is not highly sexually explicit , I still feel there are things that other parents, like myself ,might want to know . First , a girl in the movie tells a boy not to feel her up . Second, a police officer had previously cheated on his wife by kissing another woman , the wife repeatedly mentions that he kissed her using tongue and he blames this on the alcohol . I finally shut the movie off after a teenage girl and boy were given the honeymoon suite to stay in for the night . I'm not sure if anything happened after that but I wasn't taking any chances . Now if you're okay with these things , to each their own . However , I'm sure there are other parents out there that might share these concerns with me and for them I am writing this review . While these things may be over some children's heads , they may spark conversations for others .

3 people found this helpful.

Really good movie

It is a very nice movie with a good message at the end. Also it is a good movie for the whole family. It does have some sex jokes but it goes over most kids head.

bland story, good acting, good morals

Since I don't have any children I am writing from the perspective of an adult. Despite good acting, the story is bland. But again kids might like it. And it does teach the lesson that honesty is the best policy. When Jonathon Taylor Thomas's character gives up the promised Porsche not only willingly, but eagerly, there's the lesson that some things should not be done for material things, but for their own sake. The only major problem comes when Allie told Jake that she wanted a Christmas with snow, as if that's always necessary. Couldn't Jake's father have lived in Georgia rather than New York? And if he was going to have to live in New York, it should've been Buffalo or Syracuse or someplace like that. Too many movies are set up near New York City. It's high time that western New York get its due.

Disappointed

I recorded this movie not knowing what age group it was for and watched it with my husband with the hopes of sharing it with our son. But it was for older kids (he's in kindergarten. I had to select an age on the review so I just picked an older age). Anyway, my husband and I thought it was terrible. The main character cheats, hands out stolen goods?, lies and is very selfish for the majority of the film. Very few consequences for his actions. Reckless driving by one teen made us very uncomfortable and the teens don't even buckle up before zooming out of a gas station parking lot. And apparently if you cheat on your significant other under the mistletoe you don't need to apologize. I think more negative things are shown than positive.

love it!

Great xmas movie and i totally apporve oh love it and JTT so cute!

An Inspiring diseny movie!

this is a sweet Xmas movie the rating is so perfect so is Jonathon Talyor Thoams as Jake a college student trying his best to get home for Xmas and i think the movie is perfect for anybody kids teens tweens heck even adults yes i did notic the film had some mild lanuage but come on its still a great diseny movie and thats all that matters and i truly love it! a true inspiring Xmas movie for everybody!!! love it!