A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this movie.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
There aren't any reviews yet. Be the first to review this title.
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about In a World...'s attitude toward sex. Does Carol's casual treatment of sleeping with someone impact how you feel about her? Parents, talk to your teens about your own values regarding sex and relationships.
- What are some of the movie's messages for women? Does it matter that the main character is so flawed? Could Bell be considered a role model for women?
- Were you familiar with Bell before seeing In a World...? What kinds of things did she get to do in this movie that she didn't (or couldn't) in her other movies (or TV shows)? How did she take advantage of being a writer and a director?
- What did you learn about voiceovers and voice acting from this movie?
- In theaters: August 9, 2013
- On DVD or streaming: January 21, 2014
- Cast: Demetri Martin, Lake Bell, Rob Corddry
- Director: Lake Bell
- Studio: Roadside Attractions
- Genre: Comedy
- Run time: 93 minutes
- MPAA rating: R
- MPAA explanation: language including some sexual references
- Last updated: September 20, 2019
For kids who love strong female characters
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.
Streaming options powered by JustWatch