Parent reviews for In the Name of the Father

In the Name of the Father Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Tough watch for some great acting and a lot of injustice.

Daniel Day-Lewis is Daniel Day-Lewising once again. Leaving an indelible mark on a story that everyone should know about...how far we as a society are willing to allow absurdities to go before acting up against them. Although the story about the Guildford Four is horrific, the Maguire Seven is just pure madness...locking up a 14 year old and a 17 year old for bomb making...absolutely absurd. Although the film possesses courtroom histrionics...Emma Thompson sells it, but mostly because we want to buy it. After everything that has happened you at least want to see the guilty parties get yelled at.

Incredible movie! Must watch!

This is such an amazing movie. Cannot say anything negative about it as is so great. This is an inspiring true story. This movie shows the corruption of the government and how people whom have not done wrong but are still punished, fight for their freedom. Not suitable for young kids as the bad language, sex references, drug uses and violence. Daniel Day Lewis got nominated for an Oscar (which he should have won.) If you have not seen the movie then you must add to your watch-list.