All teen and kid member reviews for In Time

Read

Change: Rated R: Nudity, Language, and Violence used with weapons
Teen, 17 years old Written byswallowtear October 28, 2011

Political Sci-Fy Thriller

In this current political climate, In Time parallels things such as the 99% argument that has come up recently, with the recurring theme: "For one to become immortal (be incredibly rich) many must die (be incredibly poor.)" It is a thought-provoking movie, even though on the surface, it is a rather shallow movie. The characters are very well developed, as are their relationships.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 April 18, 2015

Dystopian thriller is reminicent of classics such as the Terminator and The Matrix.

OK, the film may be similar to violent classics such as the terminator (I gave appropriate for 16) and the matrix (iffy 12) but this is more child friendly. The violence is rare, and even more rarely explicit. The body count is shockingly low, as is the blood. Language is also below average for a 12, with only 1 use of f--k and 2 uses of s--t. Sex is slightly above average for a 12, but nothing is shown. I'm tempted to give this a 5 star rating, except that I couldn't give a darn about the characters (with a few exceptions) and the love scenes were hit and miss. However, this is a very clever movie which made me think, and many elements of the story made for a highly enjoyable experience. This film, however, does not need a sequel. Please do not ruin this original idea with sequels. Final Score: 8/10: Very Good
Kid, 8 years old July 15, 2015

Pretty dumb,lackluster sci-fi thriller is very graphic.

My rating:R for mature content,strong violence,disturbing content,graphic images,strong racy content throughout,including brief graphic nudity.
Kid, 8 years old July 15, 2015

Pretty dumb,lackluster sci-fi thriller is very graphic.

Kid, 12 years old August 14, 2014

loved the concept

Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014
Teen, 13 years old Written byFamilyTrek January 3, 2014

Alright! Good film to watch with friends.

The film contains one use of mouthed strong language, moderate action violence and sex. The main character mouths the F- word. A few men are shot, a woman tragically dies when her heart stops and a man commits suicide. The two main characters kiss with there underwear on in a river for a minute and a woman strips her clothes off and a man has sex with her for 25 seconds. Also one of the villains is drunk.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTrevor Payne August 22, 2013

Great Great Movie!

I was impressed with this movie. At first i thought OK this is going to be just another sci-fi movie. But totally unexpected movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 June 10, 2013

In Time is Not What It Could Have Been

The idea is very original and the acting is good but the story doesn't hold. I loved the idea when I first heard about it but when I saw the movie I was a little disappointed.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycookiechikki January 2, 2013

Bitter-sweet and insightful romance

The film is based on yet another possibility of the near future but isn't at all boring. The whole plot is stunning and nothing like I expected it to be. there aren't any sex scenes, just passionate kissing, etc. no disturbing violence, there are cases of people dying, but not morbidly. It just shows some people dropping dead - no blood and guts. However there is a lot of swearing and one scene where two people go skinny dipping but the only nudity it shows it one girl's back and another guy's chest - that's all. but the whole theme is saddening but also quite beautiful as it focuses two completely different people falling in love and fighting all the poverty surrounding them. a very good bitter-sweet theme to it
Teen, 15 years old Written byEvilSteak December 2, 2012

I wouldn't worry too much about this one

Positive movie overall - the main characters have good intentions. It does get a little violent. Other than that, there's not much wrong with this movie. There is one scene where this one chick is "coming down" on Justing Timberlake, but it doesn't get too kinky. It's fine really. They don't show too much, it cuts off almost right after it starts. There's a little language. And one scene where a few classy gentlemen are swirling champagne. That's about it. Should be fine for kids 12 and up.
Kid, 9 years old August 25, 2012

In Time

good movie sexual content and vilence and swearing
Teen, 15 years old Written byjenjay August 13, 2012

Thrilling, exciting and suspenseful

Some themes may not be understood by younger people, because time and money are very complex concepts. But overall it is a great movie, engaging, suspenseful and sometimes very emotional. The visuals were also quite interesting with the difference between the poor society and the rich. The idea was also very original, and thought provoking. Some parts of the plot are hard to follow but overall it is definately a movie you should watch.
Kid, 10 years old August 5, 2012

i dont know what to say

swear, sex ,guns
Teen, 14 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 June 3, 2012

It wasn't very good.

This movie is very decieving. It looks so good but it really was bad. A lot of Language too. There was even and F-bomb. Anyway poorly done and wasn't good
Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2012

Okay..

This movie isn't what I was thinking it was going to be..the whole plot was a bit too much for a child below the age of 13. I mean, children do ask a lot of questions, i must admit. This is going to be a new source of worries for children. I mean..paying with time? And if it runs out - you what - you DIE? It also contains nudity, although well, you can't see all of their bodies. Voilence - yeah, I mean we're talking about killing people...like not only stealing their time, but with GUNNNS. Um, and also a variety of swear words.
Teen, 15 years old Written byishaan sharma May 2, 2012

Not Entertaining/ Bad Message

I'll admit, the concept of this movie was intriguing, but the film itself fell short of my expectations. It had poor acting (particularly the lead actress), a slow plot, and a bad message: Socialism. At one point in the movie, the main characters justify stealing from the wealthy on the grounds that "everything they have is already stolen". The message of the movie is that it is alright to steal from those who have more than you, and that your actions should be "justified" in the name of equality.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJustino4 April 9, 2012

Satisfying

It is an impressive movie even with the many plotholes and loose ends. It has a very interesting concept with the whole time is literally money thingy which draws you in. The ending result leaves you satisfied enough to where you will only question the plot holes once or twice and not really care afterwards.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn April 7, 2012

Flawed but entertaining and clever thriller is better than it looks

Andrew Niccol's (Gattica, Lord of War) intriguing little sci-fi thriller, In Time, did not look like much of a movie to me when it first came into theaters late last October. It looked about as bland as a thriller could get, and the future looked so dull and uninteresting that I didn't use my hard-earned dollars to go see it. So, imagine my surprise, when just a couple weeks ago, I finally got around tor renting the movie, and actually enjoyed. Alot. Now, from the trailer, which I still think looked a little too underwhelming and plain, it just didn't do the movie justice at how well-thought out and well-written this movie really is. The overall premise oft is film, is one that has fascinated me and kept me thinking hard about it for the past couple weeks. The premise of living in a world where time is money,and that the people with all the time in the world end up being rich and get to live in a snazzy little district of there own, and as where the poor people live in there own little area, but a lot less glamorous, for sure. Now, In time really plays with this scenario, and it also surprised me how much fun it had with it, which is definitely a good thing, for sure. Also surprisingly good here, are Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried, as complete and utter polar opposites in this movie's bizarre futuristic world, and also good, is CIllian Murphy as the cop who must bring them both to justice. So, this film is Rated PG-13, and the content is pretty much as follows: There is plenty of intense action violence, including plenty of chases, running and shooting, with blood occasionally spraying and spurting from the wounds. Also, there is some sexual content here, as well, including two rather particularly steamy sequences, with one of them being the two main characters going skinny dipping in a pool, with bare backs, buttocks, and chests visible on both of them, and a brief scene of the same two characters playing strip poker in a hotel room, before they are both interrupted, but not before we got a shot of Amanda Seyfried in a cleavage revealing underwear set of a bra and panties. And, finally, there is frequent but average profanity, including a couple uses of f--k, sh-t, hell, d-mn, g-dd-mn and more. So, this film may look bland and dull, and I'm quiet sure that the films trailer and advertising definitely didn't do it justice, but just check it out anyways, because you will be pleasantly surprised by it, just like I was. Reccomended.