All teen and kid member reviews for Inception

Teen, 14 years old Written byagneumeyer April 14, 2011

Content Not Too Bad, but Plot Difficult to Understand

I fell in love with this movie the first time I saw it, the second time, my love only expanded, but it was my fourth viewing to take in the full extent of Inception. Sure, I got the gist, but some parts of the plot were difficult to understand, and for younger children, it would probably be just inexplicible.
Kid, 10 years old May 6, 2011

perfect for teens

I loved it. Great movie. A must see. But for older kids
Teen, 15 years old Written byAlejandro12345 October 15, 2011

Am I dreaming?

This film is very creative and well thought out, but its a hard movie to understand. If you do understand it then it is amazing. If you enjoy challenging your mind, then you will thoroughly enjoy this film. I highly recommend you check out this movie!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMalahaganite September 1, 2011

Good GOD this movie literally blew my mind

Once again Christopher Nolan is back with yet another masterpiece. I had to watch this movie about twice to get the plot which is why I think this movie would be suitable for 14 year olds and up. The violence in this movie isn't terribly frightening but could be to some younger viewers.
Teen, 17 years old Written byXenon Vortex December 3, 2010

Very "Mind Bending" Movie (Pun not intended)

It's rare that a movie gets me to use my brain. Inception was BRILLIANT from start to finish. I loved the concept of the subconscious and all the science and ideas they presented. I also loved how this movie had no sexual content. It's also rare when a PG-13 movie excludes that sort of content. Which is good. It makes younger audiences able to see it, I suppose. My only issue was excessive profanity and violence, but since most of the violence takes place in the dream world, it's not as scary, but it's still intense. GREAT movie. Thumbs up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymasonlackey January 15, 2011

good movie

good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byAstroPhysics December 13, 2015

Good, but matrix is better

You will love this movie, but I would recommend the matrix more. plot is a bit difficult to understand for young kids. really good. you should watch it,
Kid, 10 years old August 15, 2011

OK

I didn't LOVE it, but that's probably because I'm only 10. If I was in my twenties I would probably LOVE it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFCD97909 July 27, 2010

AMAZING!!!!!!!!

all i have to say its the BEST MOVIE EVER CREATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written by_____________ August 29, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written byKinbJune June 18, 2011

Confusion

After years of pondering and watching and re-watching this beloved masterpiece, I can state wholeheartedly that this film was worth the price of admission and DVD. The sheer amount of exposition and expertly crafted dialogue is enough to make any film mogul drop head over heels for this piece of art. Every time you watch this movie, it is a new experience; such is the effect of the film-making expertise brought to us by Christopher Nolan. I recommend experiencing this treatise several times, as you will not inhale every bit of detail from the first sitting.
Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2010
amazing movie A must see Awesome
Teen, 15 years old Written byPrivate Movie Guy August 27, 2016

Nolan heist flick is as violent as the dark knight trilogy

My rating:PG-13 for some sequences of violence and action and some destruction
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe age judge July 30, 2016
Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2016

Inception delivers the thrills while still being thought provoking

Inception is about dreams and the main character, Dom Cobb (Leaornado dicaprio) is a master at stealing them. His wife died for reasons that I will not explain due to spoilers. In order to see his children again, he must perform Inception- planting a dream in someone's mind. He collects a team to help him. These include a girl called Adriane and a man called Arthur. The acting is superb- Joseph Gorden Levitt and Learnado Dicaprio are perfectly casted for this film. It also includes some excellent special effects- one where the characters defy gravity. In conclusion, Inception is an interesting, entertaining thriller with top knotch performances and interesting ideas about our subconsciousness.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySparrowleaf July 21, 2016

Great once your into it

At first a little boring and hard to understand but at times captivating and cinematographic-ally amazing. You may have to read a synopsis to fully understand the concept.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNiko Walker June 27, 2016

If your child does not get a mindf!!! after watching this, I dont know what will.

My 3rd favorite movie has a bunch of shooting and a suicide. I also think a child would not understand it.
Kid, 12 years old May 22, 2016

A confusing and thrilling romp for teens and up.

Dazzling effects meet superb writing in the dream-based film, Inception. There is definitely some violent material, even if most of the movie is in a dream. First and foremost, if you want to introduce your child to Inception, you may want to watch it 2 or 3 more times with them for the greater understanding of the film. Thrre are confusing twists and turns, and things get even more complex when characters travel into Limbo. Expect loads of gunfire and some hand-to-hand combat as the story progresses. Scary sounds, lightning storms, wreckage of buildings and suicide may be just too intense for a tween. A character is shot in the head. Blood is shown throughout the film, after an intense car chase. There is fiery explosions. Also, in a dream scenario, a woman is about to stab a main character before they wake up. A main plot involves a man's guilt of planting a false seed in his own wife's mind that ends in tragic death. Passionate kissing. There is mild swearing including goddamn, ass and hell. A man has obvious devotion to his wife and children in the end, even if he did screw up in the past.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNYCTEENDuke April 2, 2016

Great Movie! Too much violence

Teen, 15 years old Written byLucan1010 November 24, 2015

Excellent and Complex SciFi thriller for teens and up

Violence: Most violence takes place within dreams, but is fairly intense (but bloodless) and includes shootouts, fistfights, rioting, stabbing etc. In order to come out of the dream people must kill themselves within the dream. Most of the movie is filled with very tense peril. Only real-world violence is a chase scene, but it's pretty PG. Language: Mild for a PG-13 movie, but has some mild language including d*mn, p*ssed etc. and a use of moderate language b*stard Sex: Virtually no sex, just a couple brief kisses, some outfits reveal mild cleavage. Drugs/Alchohol: Chemical mixtures are used to enter dreams, brief social drinking but no drunkenness. Overall this is a very thought-provoking and excellently made movie that is too violent and slightly creepy for young children and most tweens.