All teen and kid member reviews for Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Kid, 10 years old July 15, 2010

fun for preteens and up

love danger and advencher this will blow your mind away not my fav but it is a mix of nashanol tresher and pirets of the carebbean and a pinch of star wars but a cup of fun but deservs a PG-13 but grat movie but not famly fun
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2014

Should be rated PG-13

This film is really violent! People are shot and stabbed (quite frequently), and one guy is dramatically ripped to pieces by a helicopter propeller! I've seen R rated movies less violent than this! Also, it's kind of sexist. The guy's girlfriend starts out a really strong, female character, but buy the end she's this damsel in distress and always needs her boyfriend to save her. Also, there's a drinking contest and one character nearly passes out.
Kid, 11 years old January 23, 2011
Too much violence is what I hate about this movie! I swear I will never watch another Indiana Jones movie again.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 August 27, 2011

Suitable for a Tween (At the Most)

Although a cinema gem, it's just too violent for anyone under 7. Every other bad element packed into the movie (like language, sexual scenes and drinking), was little enough to be suitable for (at the most) a tween.
Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2013

An Action Masterpiece

I understood why karimck said this wasn't appropriate for kids as young as 7. There's a scene where one guy's head explodes, one shrinks, and one melts. Nothing else is an issue, and CSM was right when they said it was a masterpiece.
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2014

Good movie kinda

A little causing but when I was around 6 I watch a ton of pg-13 movies but they do some dangerous stuff and there's a lot of action
Teen, 13 years old Written byGainer11 November 23, 2013

Good, but scenes with blood and gore

This is an exciting movie. There is some gore though. It's very fake, but it may frighten younger children. I gave an iffy rating, because of the scenes. Needless to say, I think CSM's rating is slightly inaccurate.
Kid, 10 years old September 15, 2013

Great Movie

awesome movie a classic of film making history congrats to Harrison Ford for such a masterpiece.
Teen, 15 years old Written byVinnyMatser9999 December 29, 2014

Let 'em wait

Although the Indiana Jones trilogy is an all time classic, parents need to know that with all the uplifting reviews said about it, there's a large handful of violence that comes with it. This includes many fistfights, gunfights, and, well, bloody deaths. Telling your kids to wait won't kill them and they'll probably be glad they did. Overall, I love Raiders of the Lost Ark and should be watched (eventually) by families everywhere!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycooldude1234 December 20, 2010

great but too violent

This is a very violent and bloody movie with nonstop violence some language. And excessive drinking. There is a very graphic gunshot scene where blood goes all over the place. Gret but not for younglings.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycraftygirl202 July 19, 2011

Maturity Counts!

I was nine when I watched this, but I was very mature. It really depends on how mature you are. If you are not that mature, maybe you should wait until you're at least eleven. But if you're mature, you could watch it at nine or ten.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySafemancam001 February 15, 2011

Great starter to an action seires

Out of all the Indiana Jones movies this is my favorite. I also think that it had the 3 creepiest deaths in the entire seiries. 1)Face melting 2) Implosion 3) Explosion. All caused by looking when the ark was opened, freaky!
Kid, 10 years old August 7, 2014

Nail biting film delivers the excitement

The start to the Indiana Jones series is a delicious treat; we have a snake pit, an ark and other objects to bring this original film to life. Filled with fighting from the start, this installment keeps you superglued to your seat. Expect moderate violence, (face meltings, a hurt monkey and threats) as well as cruel Nazis and intense action to make Raiders of the Lost Ark top notch. Do not suspect that this masterpiece is nonsense action - this Indy will even be enjoyed by most adults. Although no movie is perfect, this film is close to flawless.
Kid, 9 years old March 24, 2014

Parenting review for Indiana jones: Raiders of the lost ark

To be honest, If your kid is not interested in religion and knows nothing about religious artifacts, He or She will not understand this movie, There is one drinking contest scene, But I wouldn't mind it. Your kid must be mature and cautious about this movie, Indiana jones is looking for one of the most powerful things in the entire history of man kind: The Ark of the covenant which melts one of the villains' face off brutally at the end and explodes another's head and sucks them into the sky. I only heard about 2 bad words; "Sh--t" and "Damn".... There is one scene where Indy and his girlfriend marian are having some sexual desires on a boat scene but don't worry, There isn't any sex. On a car chase scene someone shoots Indy in the arm and after getting thrown out of the car he comes back and tries to climb the engine, Unfortunately the poles of the engine break and he falls off and gets ran over but not on screen. I think this movie is for mature kids. (PS. on the bottom when it says "too much violence", I mean it just has violence in it)
Kid, 12 years old February 10, 2014

"Raiders of the Lost Ark" movie review

"Raiders of the Lost Ark" is a film that changed cinema forever. It is one of my favorite movies of all time. The way Steven Spielberg directed "Raiders of the Lost Ark" is outstanding. I liked how Indiana Jones was a vulnerable hero. He wasn't Rambo or John Matrix. Jones was a different kind of protagonist. Throughout the movie, you wanted to root for him when he was getting beaten up. The action and special effects were amazing in this movie. When Indiana Jones went under the truck, I wondered how much work had to be put in doing that. The movie's story-line is very interesting. It was an original idea in 1981. The ending to Raiders of the Lost Ark doesn't feel weird or unnatural. It feels like it could actually happen because the way this movie is set up. The cinematography for "Raiders of the Lost Ark" is brilliant. The shots are perfect and the audio quality is very good. John Williams' score for the Indiana Jones movies are flawless. It is one of the best scores I have ever heard. The action in this masterpiece is incredible. There are some moments in the film are very bloody. Because of the blood, I think this movie is better for older children and teenagers. Nowadays, this movie would never ever be PG. If you have not seen this movie, you really should." Raiders of the Lost Ark" is one of the best action movies I have ever seen. To this day, it is my favorite "Indiana Jones" movie. Go check it out if you have not. It is definitely one of the most influential films in movie history.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThedude57447434 September 13, 2013

My thoughts

Okay I've never been more pissed off about a review in my life it's a good film parents see blood and they go no ban this film or they here a curse and they act like someone set a bomb off in the room it's not for 5 year olds it's for guys ten and up its one of the best ive seen
Teen, 13 years old Written byBowman32 August 22, 2013

oysome

Awesome movie, but dang! I noticed that a lot of people were scared of the face melting scene. I'm just like "I really doubt that." But then I watched it, and I'm just like wow. Das Scary. But some kids might disagree. Depends on the child. But you can skip that part, and it's alright for 8 year old children. I will post the age for the movie without the melting scene
Teen, 16 years old Written byOfficial Critic August 22, 2013

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark Review

Director Steven Spielberg has deftly veiled proceedings in a sense of mystical wonder that makes it all the more easy for viewers to suspend disbelief and settle back for the fun. He turns the pure adventure of Saturday afternoon serials into a solidly entertaining spectacle.
Kid, 10 years old June 14, 2013

Awesome!

Good movie but violent. There is some drinking, some cursing, and gunfights. I saw this in theater, and it was even cooler, but was a little more scary then if I saw it at home.There are some funny parts. There are booby traps, including a really sudden spiky one. In the beginning there are some tense parts and two kind of creepy deaths. One of the best parts is the house-sized granite bowling ball. There is a lot of action and adventure.The fights include one in a marketplace, one car chase, and some fist fights. The scariest part is when the faces melt when the bad guys open the Ark. There is a lot of motion during the "Human Candle Scene", and some eyeball stuff. If you kids have seen the part in Revenge of the Sith when Palpatine's face melts( I have) then you will have a pretty good idea of what happens, but the faces in Raiders of the Lost Ark are almost completely different. George Lucas was co-director, but this is slightly more realistic than Star Wars, because there's no blood in Star Wars. There are some dead bodies in this, including one "dead body spin".There is one part where this huge guy gets in a fight with Indy, and it ends when the guy's head gets caught in a plane propeller. It doesn't actually show the head getting ground, but blood splatters the plane. The funniest part is at the end when you find out the new hiding for the Ark. Final note: If you kids have a fear of spiders or snakes ( or if your parents do) there are a lot of both in this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 June 15, 2010

Okay; Lots of bloody violence

It was okay. The plot sounded cool but it was different than I expected. It was a little gorier than I expected. I think there was also too much violence for a PG (this is before they had the PG-13 rating but if they did I'd rate it that). Violence: like I said earlier, several bloody violence. Killing isn't rare here (though the scene when Indy killed the swordsman was funny). SPOILER ALERT during the scene when the bad guys open up the Ark, there faces melted which I'm sure will freak young kids out; it was more gross for me. Also, there was a long kissing scene that we just skipped. In one scene Marion is seen dressing but you only see her back. Language: I just heard, "h*ll". 11+