All teen and kid member reviews for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Teen, 15 years old Written byDVS Cable Polenin April 9, 2008

sorta disapointing

This movie was sort of a disapointment. it started great and continued to carry on great adventure and all that but i just got turned off a bit at the temple of doom. it was a bit demonic n that kinda ruined for me. other than that it might actually have been my favourite out of the series. almost :P
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2015

A good adventure film, might scare young children

Good action adventure movie. A few people die, not much blood though. Graphic scene where a man's heart is ripped out of his chest. No sexual references. The word shit is used a few times, no F bombs. Barely any drugs/alcohol. Heart ripping scene may scare and disgust some people. Good action movie for 8+
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2014

Anything goes... FOR THIS MOVIE!

It was awesome! The best (and most intense) Indiana Jones movie! It had violence! I like violence!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySafemancam001 February 15, 2011

Great action movie, but not for kids.

This movie had the 5th creepiest death in the seires. Heart Ripped-out of chest. This is my second favorite of the seires. This movie is one of the movies that helped create PG-13! It was probably the gore (although at a low level).
Kid, 10 years old July 15, 2010

shoud be R you heard me RRRRRRRRRRRRR rated R

gorey and a mix of grose eating like eye ball soup and frid snake and lots of bugs worms and elafent strong crsing and lots of sex
Kid, 11 years old October 31, 2014

Most violent indy movie

Violence- 4 (Moderate Violence)
Teen, 14 years old Written byProjektor May 14, 2015

This is not best Indy Film. But this is very good. This darkest and creepiest i the film, but this is great adventure!

This movie have some graphic scenes (heart ribbing), some very mild sexuality and some swearing. This movie have some dark themes (kid slavery)
Kid, 9 years old August 8, 2010

Too dark

I really disliked the movie. It was way too gross and bloody for a PG movie
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2015

ew...

its okay i guess... there is a lot of blood and guts, witch is bad for squeamish people. like when that dude rips out the other dudes heart with his bear hands, or when the guy gets into the big rock grinder... ugh... X(
Kid, 8 years old May 20, 2015

Very gory action/adventure movie has lots of violence, and language.

My rating PG-13: for some strong shocking violent action. and language.
Kid, 10 years old October 22, 2015

Gross Indy movie lacks raiders of the lost ark's greatness

This film is totally disgusting. It is clearly the most dark Indy film. The bad guy rips out a man's pumping heart before lowering him into a fiery vortex, characters dine on live snakes, spider shells, and worst of all, monkey brains. A woman is served ripped out eyeball soup. People are eaten by crocodiles,crushed by rock grinders(There is a giant blood smear), and are shot. Indy drinks poison, the are several bumps in the script, and the famous mine-cart and dangerous bridge scenes are disappointing. Mild swearing,several make outs, and film starts in a nightclub in Shanghai. A woman and a man wait for each other to come into their room because they think that they can't resist each others beauty. After all that, this movie isn't all that good. It doesn't have the Indiana Jones feel for it, and I barely even noticed Harrison Ford at all. How dare Spielberg call this a Indiana Jones film.
Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2009

good movie

this movie has more bad language than commonsense said it had including h..l,d..n,s..t and b.....d. The violence is people getting burned,hung,people getting their heart taken out and people getting eaten by alligators. There is also a scene where people are eating monkey brains snakes and many other gruesome things.

what

this is my favorite indiana jones movie because it is not afraid to gross out the audience i mean come on it raiders two faces melt off,a mans head exploldes,and a man gets chopped up by a helicopter [implied but blood splatters] yes i will say this is a very violent movie but not nearly as gross as the first one so toughen up
Teen, 13 years old Written byIAMAWESOME June 18, 2016

PG13 all day long

This is the Indiana Jones movie that should have been Pg13. However back when it was made they had only G, PG, or R. Nobody wanted an R rated I.J. so they slapped a PG on there and called it good. However don't let that fool you. This movie is the best of them all but viewers discreet is advised.
Teen, 13 years old Written byILoveCSM March 24, 2016

A Great Indy Sequel!

This movie, for ages 9 and up, is slightly better than the first one (this one is actually a prequel, if you pay special attention to the dates at the beginning of both movies, you will see that this one is before Raiders of the Lost Ark). This movie has some violence, innuendo, and gore, but nothing too bad. There are also some scary scenes, but your child can handle it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLuka Keats February 13, 2016

Fun and Exciting but Scary

This is the darkest Film in the Indiana Jones Franchise. This Film is not suitable for young Children. Children will be terrified by the villains and scary scenes. It would be best for Children Under 13 not to see this Movie. This Movie created the PG-13 rating. It should of been rated R but Steven Spielberg thought it would of been unfair to rate it R and so the PG-13 was created. My younger Brother Aleks was horrified when he first saw this Movie when he was small but luckily at the heart pulling out scene my Dad shut his eyes. This Film should of been Rated R since the PG-13 rating hadn't quite been created yet.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycooldude1234 December 20, 2010

great but gory

This movie is a lot more gory than raiders and crusade and the scenes of torturing the children made me wince when I was little. So wait until they are 13.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJoker912 September 18, 2016

Good Movie

I am a Temple person. This is very underrated
Teen, 17 years old Written byCamoFanatic123 August 11, 2016

My Second Favorite

This movie is awesome, except there is a part where someone gets their heart ripped out of their chest. Short Round is funny in this. There is uses of His name in vane, but is mostly used by Willie. There is some kissing. My favorite part was when Indiana Jones cut the rope bridge in half. There is violence but it's mild.
Kid, 11 years old July 24, 2016