Kid reviews for Insidious: Chapter 3

Nothing new, but surprisingly effective, scary prequel.

Teen, 13 years old Written byakirschner June 6, 2015

Scary prequel does not disappoint!

If you are into scary, and disturbing movies, kids 13 and up could handle this movie. If you are more of an easygoing type of person, I would reccomend age 15. The disturbing and scary content in this is the main reason this is a pg13. Keep in mind that their is some language and one F word, but sexual content is at a minimum. Overall, this is a great movie for horror fans!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAndrew66 June 20, 2015

Not to disturbing, but a lot of jumpscares.

I'm honestly not sure why everyone is saying that this movie is for 15/16 and up. It is a great movie with a small amount of sexual references that your 13 year old should already be knowledgeable about and other than some really startling jumpscares there is nothing to disturbing that will stay inside your early teens mind. There are actually some good role models in This as well. The psychic demonstrates that is is good to face your fears instead of just running from them, and putting others before yourself.
Teen, 14 years old Written byimoviegoteen July 10, 2015

Great film scares moviegoers

I saw this film by myself (14), and I honestly was scared throughout.. Language is not the worst but still bad including one F**king, two or three of a** and b**ch, and Quinn flips the middle finger at her brother once for being a jerk. Sex includes jokes about lesbians. Elise is a really nice person in the film deciding to possibly loose her life to save Quinns (SPOILERS) Violence is an iffy situation here, including a girl going after her father and some others with a box opener knife, a girl getting hit by a car, a demon throwing her on the floor, her walking on crackling (UNCASTED) legs (all bloody), and a woman being strangled (2) by a woman that told her she was going to die by her. Jump scares are a huge issues, its not noises, its creepy things flying at the screen, like demons. And beware at the end for one more big jumpscare.

Teen, 17 years old Written byjoaquingv July 27, 2017

Teen, 13 years old Written byBallin2016 November 22, 2016

This movie wasn't very scary. There were a couple jumpscares but overall, a mature 11 year old could handle. There are references to suicide and a joke made about lesbions. The characters are a little creepy but not a scary movie compared to the others in the series.

You should probably watch woth your kid if they are under 13 because they might not understand somethings, or expand there vocabulary.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhermione1226 July 5, 2015
There are a few criteria you should make sure your child possesses before bringing them to this movie. First of all, they need to be able to distinguish reality from fantasy. The issue with movies like this is that they could cause younger kids to worry long after watching it. Seeing a horror movie could foster the idea that demons are real, or that people can get possessed. A lot of kids would be afraid to go to sleep after this (especially since the majority of the movie's haunting occurred when the girl was alone in bed). You should also confirm that your child is okay with jump scares, because those are the foundation of the movie. Character hears noise, gets up, and eerie music blasts as a demon jumps up out of nowhere. Bottom line: It depends on the kid. I can NOT stress that enough. I was not scared by the movie, yet there may be some fifteen year-olds that couldn't handle it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykyle.the.killer June 28, 2015

Horrifying twists in the best Insidious out of the Trilogy

Insidious: Chapter 3 is an amazing Chapter that's part of the trilogy. This movie had many realistic scenes that made my heart speed up and is definitely a fun time. Lots of jump scares, violence, and horrifying twists!

Kid, 11 years old April 21, 2018

Absolutely amazing!

This movie was fantastic! I absolutely loved it! There were a few jump scares here and there. I am allowed to watch a lot of scary movies and gory movies so I am kind of immune to these kind of movies, but it was still fantastic! I loved how this was set a few years before Insidious 1! My friend and I love watching these kind of movies so we watched it together we loved it! Definitely would recommend!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGeForce March 15, 2018

Scary and Intense Horror Movie

This is the only one of the movies that I have seen in this series but it was scary and intense. It is one of my favorite horror movies that I have seen but I have only seen a few. There are ghosts and quite a few jump-scares. Horror movie fans will definitely like it because it is intense and gripping throughout. The ending seems like there will be a sequel to this movie because the haunting isn't quite resolved. There is quite some swearing in this movie so I would be careful of that if you show this movie to your kids. It doesn't have the best storyline like some other movies do but it is scary. I would recommend it if you are a fan of movies with jump-scares.

Kid, 11 years old March 30, 2016

Not bloody, but terrifying.

I have seen many different horror movies (even rated R), but this is the scariest one I have seen. There are around 20 jumpscares! There is only a few scenes with blood, but it is very suspenseful and scary!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMarcelo14 March 12, 2016

Great Just Like the Original.

This movie had a great mix of horror and thematic elements that are sure to satisfy teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLoïc August 18, 2015

the most frightening and terrifying in the series/le plus effrayant et terrifiant de la serie

In the third end , you prepared a jump from the title! This third stolen tells a story made ​​in happens before the first .it is okay not to have seen the other two. Returning to the film. Start, anxiety and intense fears you wait . It is for me the most terrifying of the series, the demon is simply hideous. The insidious universe is present . We often think that from the third film are less or even zero but not at all. Rating: 8/10 Very scary movie. I recommend it to the age of 16 Dans ce troisième volée, préparé vous a sursauter dès le titre !ce troisième volé raconte en faite une histoire qui se passe avant le premier .il est donc pas grave de n’avoir pas vu les deux autres. Revenons au film. Sursaut, angoisse, et peurs intenses vous attende. Il est pour moi le plus terrifiant de la série, le démon est tout simplement hideux. L’univers d’insidious est bien présent. On pense souvent qu’à partir du troisième le film sont moins bien ou même nul mais la pas du tout. Note :8/10 Film très effrayant. Je le déconseille au moins de 16 ans

Teen, 13 years old Written byJazzynyc04 January 16, 2018

Terrifying Third Installment to the Insidious Series

I am a huge fan of all the Insidious movies and Chapter 3 is definitely one of the scariest! While all of the films are terrifying in their own way, this one adds in more violence and a handful of gore along with it. It should also be noted that there is talk surrounding suicide and the main character (while possessed) threatens to slit her own throat. Many of the scares are harbored in the first half of the movie, but the film, as a whole, is very creepy. If you or your child is the kind of person who doesn't get too scared by movies or are fans of horror, they should be fine, but otherwise, parents should look out because this is the kind of movie that can stick with you even after the credits roll.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymeugenio January 2, 2016

Scary

This movie is scary, but not as scary as the first. The movie is darkly lit so you really have to concentrate to see what is going on. But it has a good story. A little language in one scene.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPanipuri October 26, 2015

Amazing!!!!!

This movie is scary , not as scary as the first 2 ,but still scary. And VERY VIOLENT. I saw this movie on my own in the theatre and all i was doing is- 1. Screaming- (Like seriously, I must admit this movie is SCARY all right) 2. Throwing Popcorn all over the person next to me ( And she was a child like , 8 or something.) Scary movie lovers will LIKE this !! And i would recommend this for children 14+ and Mature 12 and 13 year olds.

Teen, 14 years old Written byfilm geek September 25, 2015

The 3rd Chapter

I went to see this in the cinema when it came out. As expected, not as good as the first 1-2 but prequels/sequels are never usually as good as the originals (apart from a few exceptions). There are a few jump scares but some effects are a bit too much CGI, making it less realistic and therefore less disturbing. In conclusion, an alright movie with a few good jumps, but still prefer the original. Nothing that has't been seen before.

Teen, 17 years old Written bydelaneybee July 6, 2015

im 11

I personally loved this movie .I didn't get scared I am only 12 and it was great. But if you do bring you child there is a jump scare at the very end. Great movie though. I saw it with my friends and there were only teens there so.
Kid, 10 years old July 5, 2015

Best one of the series hands down.

This is a very good movie but extremely scary. There are many scary parts. There are 18 jump scares. Stefanie Scott also did great in this film. There was one f--k and some other uses such as h--l and bi--h.