All teen and kid member reviews for Insidious

Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2011
Love it. I would say too scary for children -13. May give nightmares. suprisingly only 1 person died.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykitkatlover101 May 3, 2011

great movie!

I absolutely loved this movie im a horror freak im a girl strange as that sounds my only concern is that its very suspenseful movie and a very freaky and jumpy movie i think this would be a good movie for sleepovers !!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLunaTheHuman September 25, 2015

Insidious

Insidious is a great movie for teens and mature tweens. When the Lamberts move into a new home with their 2 sons and younger daughter, things start going wrong. Things start to go bump in the night (and day, for that matter!) and Dalton is put into a "coma". The Lamberts soon realise that it mightn't be their home that's the problem. I think Insidious is an excellent horror film and its main scares are the jumpscares by various demons throughout the film. An assortment of curse words - some stronger ones, are said in the film. Overall, I think 13+ would be fine with this film, even mature and capable 12 year olds will be fine. The first time I watched Insidious was at age 12 and I coped fine. I think it just comes down to how mature your child is. :-)
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon4News April 3, 2011

Intense and scary horror flick; teens and adults ONLY.

Violence- 8/10 Sexual Content- 1/10 Language- 5.5/10 Drinking/Drugs/Smoking- 0.5/10 Overall Quality- 8.5/10
Kid, 9 years old October 9, 2014

insidious

Real creepy horror
Teen, 16 years old Written byselenarox June 5, 2011

really scary u gotta watch it!!

really really awesome movie and really scary. one of the best horror movie. you have to watch it!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byUltrafast April 25, 2011

Only for mature teens

This movie was so scary I cried at the end of it. Enough said.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybattlefield_slaya July 29, 2015

Phssst

This movie has a LOT of jumps but it never scared me. But then again I never get scared by ANY horror movie (which I hate.) Any kid with a high jump scare tolerance should be able to watch this no problem. The only movie that ever TRULY scared me was The Ring but only because of Katie's Corpse in the closet. Insidious does have a really good plot though. If you really want to get really scared, look up "The Rake"
Teen, 13 years old Written byfishish April 3, 2011

One of the freakiest.

When I look back on it, the entire part of the movie where the dad goes into the 'further' is like a cheap haunted house. I didn't really care though, the rest of the movie was a VERY good scare. A lot of stuff jumped out at you, that was the main means of scaring, thought not the only. At one point, the mother sees a ghost dancing to some music she had playing. It was incredibly freaky. I've seen a lot of scary movies, and I think this was one of the freakiest. Not for anyone that can't handle a scare, or children. The entire theater was screaming during most parts, and there weren't many light moments. It was ghosts all around, even in the day time (whereas most movies lighten up when it isn't dark).
Teen, 14 years old Written bycatelin_macdonald May 3, 2016

not that scary

If you have a fear of Clowns you might not like this. Although it does not contain any, it would still make you think of them, WARNING DO NOT WATCH ALONE.!!!!!!.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySeminolefreak April 9, 2011

AWESOME! So scary! Made me jump so much! I SCREAMED! Go see it! I dare ya(;

My MPAA Rating, PG-13: Thematic material, strong frightening sequences, disturbing content, violence, strong peril, and brief strong language, some involving children
Kid, 12 years old August 20, 2016

good movie!

Insidious was a good movie. Great for teens and mature tweens. Only a few very scary scenes. This movie definitely didn't give me nightmares or even scare me that bad. It's basically a stereotypical horror movie for younger teens.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySlendyDaMan June 14, 2016

Amazing

I honestly don't know why some people are saying it's ok for 10 year olds. This movie is scary, too scary for anyone under 14. If you must watch it, know that it is among the top ten scariest movies i the world. I'm sure some other people can handle movies better, but to the average kid, please do not watch this movie unless you are 15 years old. It is SCARY and has many Jumpscares. Great movie though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieman800 October 25, 2015

Want a GOOD horror movie?

If parents are having there first year showing kids horror movies this will be the last one you show to them,by that I mean it's not the scariest movie I have ever seen but its scary enough to give a majority of kids nightmares.But for Pre-teens and older will love this horror movie and find it a great Halloween horror movie and is one of my favorite horror movies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTeenHorrorReviewer October 16, 2011

Insidious is the scariest movie since The Exorcist.

Insidious is very scary. And I mean VERY SCARY. This movie relies on stuff nightmares are made of. Shadows, dark figures, demons. The scariest parts are especially in the second part of the movie where they move into the next house. The most violence is a bloody hand print. This movie will give you nightmares. THIS MOVIE IS NOT FOR 10 AND UNDER. Overall, it is an excellent film. The soundtrack is creepy, and ominous, it reminds me of The Shining soundtrack. The movie wouldn't be what is it with out. But please. Take this review seriously. Not for kids 10 and under. My Suggested MPAA Rating, PG-13: Thematic material, brief strong language, extremely frightening images/content, and brief violence
Teen, 13 years old Written byngh98 May 28, 2011

Horrorfying, and too intense for younger audiences.

This movie isnt gory, but it is still one of the scariest movies ive ever seen There is a random f bomb, and other swearing throughout. Having that said it might scare kids because here is a child who falls into a coma, and is in jeopardy. There really are no positive messages but this movie is well made.
Teen, 14 years old Written byZeroKateo April 17, 2011

A bit iffy but it depends on how mature your child is.

I went to go see it with my friends, all age 13 and it was a bit iffy for them, it all depends on how mature your child is. For me it was no problem but if your children are a bit afraid of demons and ghosts this movie may not be a good choice, There are parts where you will be scared and will make you cover your eyes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjada knows best April 16, 2011

Best movie of the year so far!

Omg!!!! This was the best horror movie I have ever seen in my entire life. The plot was very good. I screamed at least 4 times. It did use the f word oncce but because the movie was so good it did not matter to me at all. The rating of the movie was very good i don't think that any children under 13 sshould watch it. It may cause nightmares and cause them to be jumpy. But for people 13 and up you have to see this movie it shy's away from the dumb actions of most characters in movies and stupid plots. And the ending is crazy! I strongly recommend this movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest April 16, 2011

see it with friends

the best horror movie this year,I was scare the entire movie but it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 3, 2011

Insidious is good for a horror movie but has terrifying with scar monsters

Watch out for: Messages: 2/5Characters argue and alot and never get a solution. Role Models: 2/5The people are nice it's just they are not role models. The wife spends the hole film just being scared, and the husband is always hiding from his responsibility's. Then at the end he shows some bravery but it is not good enough. Violence: 4/5This film is not gory but the audience does see bloody hand prints and other things. A young 11 year old boy is in jeopardy throughout the hole film. There are half glimpses of very terrifying figures and they hide anywhere and frighten characters when they are trying to hide. There are scary sounds when people are hiding and makes it even more intense. Sex: 0/5 Not an issue Language: 3/5 f**k is said as well as bi*tch godd**n and wh*re. Consumerism: An Apple laptop is shown. Drinking, Drugs and Smoking: 0/5 Not an issue.