All teen and kid member reviews for Inspector Gadget

Teen, 14 years old Written bybrodytrinceTV May 30, 2011

that's a lot of fish, err i mean CRAP!!

even as a kid this movie bored me, and one joke which involves male body parts make way too edgy, i wouldnt mind but its disney, the car knows its in a disney movie, and the villain seems more like a tranny than a disney bad guy
Teen, 15 years old Written bySpike-G. December 15, 2015

Not good at all.

If this movie wasn't based on anything, maybe it would've done better. Unfortunately, it just so happens to be based on a cartoon from 1983. The sad part is how different it is from said cartoon. It does start off with some fancy CGI stuff, accompanied by an updated version of the 1983 theme song, which I thought was a nice touch. But it only goes down from there. First off, even the main character is different. He's not even that clumsy - which was a reason he usually won in the original. Also, the acting isn't that good. In the original, he was portrayed as incompetent, slight dim-witted, and simply lucky enough to get out of every situation alive. None of that is here. My next big complaint is Dr. Claw. He was rather infamous for never showing his face (or rather any part of him besides his hand), and he's shown throughout the whole movie. Not just his face, everything is shown. You just can't do that. Finally, Penny and Brain have very minor roles. Brain is basically a normal dog, and Penny's just there for whatever reason. In the cartoon, they were the real heroes. Whenever Gadget stumbled into something dangerous, Penny and Brain would secretly get him out of it and stop the bad guys, while making it look like Gadget did everything when the police arrive. In this movie, they actually don't do anything. Absolutely nothing. So skip this one if you like the franchise as a whole, the old cartoon is a lot better, and much funnier. Please, watch that instead.
Kid, 8 years old June 8, 2012

Best movie for the whole family!

A little bit of drinking, but it is still a good movie. A little cheesy violence.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 December 26, 2011

perfect for all ages

there is nothing wrong in this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChristopherGraham September 20, 2012

Inspector Gadget Review by Christopher Graham

I thought this movie was flat-out terrible for many reasons. First off, it's not like the popular television series, it does not have a good storyline, good cast, but terrible acting, the movie is too short and it's hardly a movie at all because it is only 78 minutes long, and the humor was just not understandable and funny. What I like about this movie is that it has great special effects and that it was a moderate box office success at the movie theater. Your little kids may find this movie a little scary at some scenes, but if you have older kids, they will think it's fine.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Great effects for a 1999 movie!

Kid, 10 years old March 9, 2015

great movie ok for 7

there is some mild violence and some poor humor no language but he likes a girl but nothing to bad
Kid, 11 years old May 30, 2011

Better for a younger age group

I loved the movie when I was little, but now when I see it, it just looks cheesy and dumb. Little kids may like it. In the movie, they make a reference to an Indian man's "balls", and they drink champagne. Mr. Brown has a crush on Dr. Bradford, but only a little one. Lame effects for a 1999 movie, but what do you expect from a Disney movie. I prefer the 80s TV show of it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 February 24, 2011

Okay film for kids

It was okay. The slapstick violence wasn't funny to me. This film is okay for kids. I haven't seen the series, so I can't compare the two. There is plenty of action but, like I said, it's slapstick. There's a love interest and a romantic kiss at the end, but it's not too bad.
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2010

bad

one word stinks if you want a good show watch kick buttowski it's on disneyXD.
Kid, 7 years old September 26, 2009

the movie is better

i like the tv series,but the movie is better.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRyan H. March 22, 2014

Not for people familiar with the show

This movie does not follow the show that well. THEY REVEAL DR. CLAW DURING THE WHOLE MOVIE. Lots of the editing is poor. @CSM Screen Name, I think that the effects in the movie could have been better. Look at Toy Story, a 1995 movie! There have also been 3D animated commercials in the 1980's! There are several annoying sound effects throughout the whole movie, even more than Jerold Mc. Boingboing! They fail to make one funny joke throughout the movie. They even interrupt the ending credits with cutscenes in the sad hopes of getting a laugh.
Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist January 26, 2010

It seemed like it was just an advertisement for Walt Disney

The whole movie was slapstick and cheesy. I don't really like those kinds of movies, but it may appeal to younger kids.

realy good family movie!

i saw a preview for this in the movie section ot itunes store, and I had to see it! it is a realy good movie but there are a few questinable things, 1.there is alot of violence, inspector gadget gets in a car accident,claw gets his hand crushed (witch is why he got the claw), eivl gadget is equipt with wepon machine guns,bombs,saws,and other stuff, an old man is killed. 2.there is a little kissing. 3.penny dosen't always listen to her uncle by staying home and out of trouble. 4.claw smokes and charecters drink champane at a gala. so this is a great action,comedy for abuot ages 9 and up!
Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2011

Alright! Who gave Mattew Brodrick another chance?

Well... Where to start? Remeber that 1998 Gozilla movie? The one where you rooted for the stars to die? Guess who's baaaaaack! Our good friend Brodrick, here to ruin yet another remake with his incredible blandness! Hooray! Honestly, this movie had no worth. None. Just... Another Disney movie. Run away now. While you still can.