Parent reviews for Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Talky, tame original sci-fi study in paranoia.

Parent Written byreaganFF October 8, 2018

My first scary movie, shared with my kids

Our kids were ten, 12, and 14 when we first watched this as a family. I remember this 1956 version being the first scary movie I ever watched when I was around ten or 12, and it always stuck with me.

Our daughter was a somewhat sensitive ten-year-old, and she had bad dreams after seeing it. Even the 12-year-old thought it was spooky. I'd say view with caution with kids under 11, but older kids may see it as more campy than creepy.

NB: Everyone smokes in this film. EVERYONE. One of the downsides of 1950s-era movies.

Parent of a 9, 10, 10, and 12-year-old Written byDoc Kaos October 4, 2010

Great for all ages.

A great old black and white sci-fi movie that can be watched by almost any age. A great conversation starter for those semi-deep conversations kids love. How do we know the cat is really the cat we started with!?
Parent Written bydminer July 25, 2009

zombie night with the family ;)

1955 scary is not scary for kids in 2009 -- my 8 yr old says "it's cool and i liked it. it wasn't scary" - though i had to explain a bit more of the action- and my 10 yr old (who picked it out off the dvd shelf ) liked it even more. since they've seen so many 'zombie' stories on kids cartoons, i was able to call it 'the first zombie movie' so it had some context in their world.