Kid reviews for Isn't It Romantic

Laughs, thoughtful messages in charming romcom satire.

Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2019

Meta, hilarious, adorable romantic comedy is self-aware and entertaining.

Isn't It Romantic is a hilarious, well-done and very self-aware romantic comedy about a woman named Natalie living in New York City. She's an architect who is struggling to find the confidence to present her ideas to her company, and she also hates romantic comedies and how unrealistic they are. One day, she is mugged and hits her head very hard, sending her to a world where she is stuck in a romantic comedy that just happens to be PG-13. I absolutely loved this movie. It was definitely laugh out loud funny, and Rebel Wilson was fantastic as the main character. The movie was extremely self-aware and acknowledged all of its stereotypes to make fun of romantic comedies, and I thought that was really smart and made the movie very enjoyable. I predicted the ending from a mile away, but I enjoyed it a lot nonetheless. This was probably the best romantic comedy I've seen in a very long time, even though the entire movie was about making fun of the cliches of romantic comedies. There is some mild violence, such as when a character is mugged and fights with a robber before banging their head really hard, a character gets hit by a small food stand and is later almost hit by a car, and in the most disgusting moment, rips out an IV, causing blood to shoot out of her arm on-screen and splatter on someone's face. There is a bit of strong sexual innuendo, but not as much as I thought there would be. Expect some kissing and implied/off-screen sex in a very funny scene where it just fades to black and cuts to the next morning before anything is shown. Characters drink a little bit, and there's quite a lot of strong language, including many uses of "s--t." In the end, I really enjoyed Isn't It Romantic and I definitely think you should go see it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNumber1commonsense February 21, 2019

Funny!

It was a great movie, they didn’t actually show anything inappropriate though they made some references. It is a great movie and I think you should watch it!

Teen, 13 years old Written byanabella8088 February 14, 2019

Funny Rom-Com

This movie is funny and had the audience laughing through the whole thing. There is language, but most of it is bleeped out. It shows to love yourself no matter your body type. There are a couple of make out scenes and a guy wearing only a towel. There also is a lot of drinking, they drink in a bar once. The main character hits her head twice, but it's made to look fake. There is also one part where blood squirts out of her arm, but it also looks fake. Other than that, it's pretty good for anyone over 12.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymatthewm_06 February 22, 2019

Isn't it Romantic Review

I have some mixed feelings about this movie. First of all I thought Rebel Wilson was really good in it, but overall it wasn,t the best movie, but it wasn't the worst. It's probably becuase rom coms aren't exactly my thing. But if you like romantic comedies you will like this

Teen, 14 years old Written bydaphne.bailey February 18, 2019

Really good movie!

I laughed out loud at some really good parts throughout the movie. You should know that I don't laugh much throughout movies or shows. Rebel Wilson, who played the main character, Natalie, shared a great message at the end of the movie. She hated romantic comedies and thought that they were stupid. In the end, at lovely lesson is provided for the views. I'm someone who has struggled with self-identity and self-love, this was the perfect movie for me. I watched it with my mom who is 38 & she loved it, too. Also, I do think that it's too inappropriate for little kids from ages 10-12 to watch. There isn't anything too intense other than Natalie ripping Blake's shirt and him being half naked after they skip the scene where they have had sex, nothing was seen because nothing happens . If you love romantic comedies than this is the movie for you!

Teen, 17 years old Written byWillow317 March 1, 2019

Very funny movie

I really enjoyed this movie. There were a lot of things I liked about it. It was different, funny, and all of the characters were very likeable. I worried there would be a inappropriate humor or lots of language, but I didn't feel that was a major issue in this movie. I am between rating it 14 and up and 15 and up since there is still some language and also because there is a quick scene or two I just didn't think was necessary. But since it's PG-13, they always have to through in stuff that's completely unnecessary. My thoughts overall, I did laugh a lot during this movie and it was honestly better than I had anticipated.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNadia Cloud February 20, 2019

If you love a great rom-com, this is perfect for you!

Isn't it Romantic is not your average rom-com. It is a rom-com in a rom-com. Rebel Wilson is such a hilarious actress and the entire movie is humorous. I recommend this for ages 13 and up because of sexual references and language. Great film!

Kid, 11 years old March 13, 2019

Teen, 13 years old Written byRosesFromMars March 11, 2019

I-I dont know

Well, the plot of the movie is that this chick gets stuck in a super cheesy, overly bubbly Rom Com... But honestly they pushed the characters really far to cheezy-ness.. and just left them there! It was trying way too hard to be funny. It wasn't. Its like they tried to make the "insane rom com characters" really weird to have the main chick be all "woah this is so weird" but they just forgot that was her part in the middle of the movie. I love, love, LOVE Rebel.. but this was not my favourite movie of hers..
Kid, 10 years old March 5, 2019

Funny satire is enjoyable for tweens!

Teen, 14 years old Written byJoel_5762 March 2, 2019

Isn't It Romantic Film Review

'Isn't it Romantic' is a fun rom-com/musical. It is upbeat, happy, bright and overall has a warm tone. It has great, positive messages of loving who you are, love and being whoever you want to be. There is some sexual innuendo and a make out scene but it is explained nothing actually happened as it just cut to the next morning. Some negative things about this movie, the cliché's are often too predictable and some scenes are slow paced. Most swear words are beeped out. In conclusion, 'Isn't It Romantic' is a fun, joyful film that teaches meaningful and important messages. A great film!

Teen, 15 years old Written bybrodidiamond March 2, 2019

amazing

theres some language now and then but its really funny and overall amazing

Teen, 14 years old Written bySamovecat March 1, 2019

Super

I just love it, have already watched it two times, I’d gladly watch it again!