Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for It Chapter Two

Fewer scares, plenty of blood in long but fun sequel.

Adult Written byReganPrince September 5, 2019

So good!

I really think that the R rating is overrated and I took my 11 yr old to see it and he loved it. There is quite a bit of gore but if you know that your child is responsible enough and you prep them before the movie with a little disclaimer I think that they will enjoy it! I thought my 11 year old was going to be frightened by the end of it but he did great! I was surprised at the fact that the horror seemed just enough for him to handle.

Parent of a 15 year old Written byLeofilmer September 6, 2019

This is the best movie I've ever seen but NOT for kids.

Why some parents leave their watch this movie. Extremely gory and brutal and a killer clown eats and smashes little children. So why this movie is for kids? For ADULTS it's a great and unusual movie. It is very scary and very funny at the same time. I Love this movie!!!

Adult Written byMr. Anderson_ September 12, 2019

Great for Teens

So the British Board of Film Classification has rated the movie at 15+ (https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/it-chapter-two-film) but I dont think that should be the rating. When my son was 11 years old I let him watch the first It at his friends house he told me that even though it is meant to be a scary movie they were laughing throughout the entire film. There is some swearing and blood however I think a mature 12 year old should be able to watch the movie. Originally the movie was going to take a pg-13 route which would have been fair however they decided to limit the audience to 15+ . But again I will tell you a mature 12 year old can definitely watch this movie and I also have to say I found the movie very entertaining myself and so did my 13 year old son.

Adult Written byMictchell_M16 September 10, 2019

IT CHAPTER 2 REVIEW

It chapter 2 picked up where one left off. After defeating pennywise in the sewers and banishing him for a long 27 years when the losers club makes there blood oath and swear to come back if pennywise was to ever return. 27 years later pennywise comes back, he is back to his ways again (killing people again in other words). I believe it was a really good movie and it told a good theme that friendship is really important. I would rate this movie a 3.5/5 because the scary scenes were not as frighting as they were anticipated to be. Don't get me wrong I would recommend this movie for anyone 15 and up. It was a fantastic movie and it had really good humor to it. I thought the cast was brilliantly put together. One character that I liked in the book and the movies was Richie, because of his witty humor and he knew his morals when it came down to running or staying and helping, but it was hard for him because he was scared, scared that his "secret" would come out. But i thought Bill Hater did a fantastic job with the character. In this movie the characters looked almost identical to there past one. I thought the director's veiw of this movie was incredible and spot on because it followed the book amazingly and was executed the movie effectively and efficiently.
Michael Mitchell-3.5/5

Adult Written byHaddynough September 10, 2019

Hard to sit through

I had a really hard time sitting through it even though my son wanted me to. The actors were ok, I wouldn’t say they were Oscar award winning performances though. The story was just way too far fetched and it seemed like the effects were very outdated. I’m sorry Stephen King, but I was not fond of it.
Adult Written byaalas0807 September 7, 2019

It's the best

I love IT Chapter Two just like how I LOVE the first Chapter
Adult Written byIsaac Ott September 7, 2019

It’s a good movie

It’s fine for 12 year old. It’s gory but most teens like 13 can handle it. Also a lot of parents call it the devel it’s just a scary clown

Parent Written by1ReviewGuy September 8, 2019

Not that bad!

I have 2 kids, one 12 year old boy, and a 9 year old daughter. Me and my 12 year old boy watched the 2017 IT in theaters when he was 10 and he handled it perfectly. My daughter was a little scared of this one, but she wasn’t too affected.

Violence: 6/10. This movie has some violence, and it’s much more than the 2017 one, but it’s nothing that kids can’t handle. Pennywise bites a kid’s head. He rips out someone’s hearts and chomps on it, A character slits their wrists in a bathtub. People get cut, stabbed and more. There is a lot of blood and gore, but not much that a kid can’t handle.

Language: 5/10. This movie has cursing in almost every line, but in schools, kids curse a ton everyday, and most likely your child curses in school too, so language isn’t a huge concern.

Sexual content: 2/10. There are a good amount of sexual jokes in this movie, kids and adults will share a laugh in these, but there is a scene where Beverly gets sexually abused, and for no more than 5 seconds in the movie, you can see a naked old lady, but her body is blurry since it’s not focused, and in the background, and there is a naked lady/monster that is grey and has breasts flapping around.

CONCLUSION: Kids are able to watch this movie, but just keep it 9+ in case they might get frightened.

Adult Written byJasonmoray September 5, 2019

Amazing but super bloody

This movie was amazing. It's the perfect blend of comedy and horror.
Adult Written byNurseEvans September 9, 2019
Beverly is chased around by a CGI old lady creature who is naked with her breasts exposed. A man is shown from behind naked entering a bathtub. A scene shows a grown man shooting the childhood version of himself in the head. Creepy scenes between a father and daughter implies sexual abuse (ie- smelling her, taunting her “are you still my little girl?”)

Parent of a 13 year old Written byNavyMamaBear September 9, 2019

Very Entertaining but not for young children

My son is 12 and seemed to enjoy the movie. He hid his face and covers his ears a couple of times. Since I read the reviews here I knew what to expect and that helped relieve some anxiety about it.
We were able to bond and have a good time together. It did spark a lot of questions with him. He asked me why did the girl marry a man who abused her like her father. We had / have been having several long discussions about important issues.
The only thing I didn’t see in the review was there is a message. Several of them. The one I took away from it was you should not let your fears (evil and fear) take away from your life and happiness. I think that message is priceless.

Adult Written byasminkpok September 17, 2019

REGARDER Ad Astra Streaming VF |2019| Film Complet en Français

TELECHARGER Clic ici ░░▒▓██► http://bit.ly/2lZENe7

TELECHARGER Clic ici ░░▒▓██► https://tubeplus.pro
Adult Written byWalter P. September 14, 2019

Not as good as the original but still good

Enjoyable yet deeply flawed conclusion to the "It" series. Great casting and acting all around and unique plot. In terms of appropriateness, there is a lot of graphic violence and swearing. Additionally, there are a fair amount of jumpscares throughout the film. However, it should be noted that a child's reception to these things should be taken into account when choosing to watch this movie.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byCindy R. September 14, 2019

Don't Waste Your Time or Money

Took my teenager daughter and her friend to see this movie. It was a super cheesy, weird, boring, completely all over the place plot wise movie. The dumbest movie I have ever seen!!! And it wasn't just me. My daughter and her friend were so disappointed and bored. We wanted to leave an hour in, but stuck it out hoping it would get better. We got up and walked out of the theater about two hours in. I was disgusted and wished I had my money and precious time back! Also hated that my daughter and her friend had been exposed to such a horrible, pointless movie. Not sure how this movie is getting the good reviews it is. Very confusing to me.
Adult Written byDmejia September 14, 2019

Horribly Violent- NOT for kids!!!!

I took my 10 year old and 15 year old and left after the first 1/2 hour because of the horribly graphic violent fighting - domestic violence and gay bashing/violence. Not appropriate at all!!!

Adult Written byKingshieheb2007 September 14, 2019

Very gory

Adult Written byTbone101845 September 14, 2019

Good movie

The review does not tell you everything. There is heavy sexual language. There is brief nudity showing a mans buttocks and a ladies breasts.

Adult Written byMamapigeon21 September 14, 2019

worth the wait

I come an extremely biased standpoint maybe do not listen. However if you want to here is the review *SPOILERS*
Reddie is canon. Yes you heard me right. We bullied high money film makers into making reddie real. But then Eddie goes and dies?? The audacity. Also why did this happen. I am SHOCKED some people will go and put this TRASH ON TELEVISION!!!!! Whyd he have to die?????? Same with stan??? Was that not good enough for you Stephen king?!?!??!?!?!?!

Adult Written byjaneforest4 September 14, 2019

IT Chapter Two

Adult language and brief sexual material. Violence extreme but infrequent. Not good for kids or younger teens; anyone 17 plus would be okay. Adult atmosphere and terror. Bloody suicide and scary images. Clown is frightening and brutally kills kids.

Adult Written byNibshshshhsbshs September 13, 2019