Kid reviews for It Chapter Two

Fewer scares, plenty of blood in long but fun sequel.

Teen, 16 years old Written byGhoulGirl13 September 6, 2019

Satisfying Finale Sequel, Really Good!

Despite the unpopular opinion, I don’t necessarily think that Chapter One was better than Chapter Two. I love em both. Chapter Two was full of scares, it was bloody, and it had A LOT of funny scenes (which were hilarious despite a dark environment). Sometimes there would be a scene that was scary as hell, but one of the character breaks the environment by making a statement that just sounds plain hilarious. The role models are also strongly represented similarly to the first movie. How each individual apart of the Losers Club works together with each other is a great role model for many people. Many things said throughout the movie (especially the end) show how fear always loses in the end. I think this movie is fine for anybody 13+, and if younger and you think you can handle it, then go right ahead… step right up, and go see IT!
The actors and actresses also performed amazingly. I loved the little flashbacks bits and I love how accurately the adult characters resembled the child versions. Awesome job to everybody involved in this masterpiece! Pennywise was creepy as usual. Some of the scenes were just flat out…I have no words. Go see IT, you’ll float too.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAmina101 September 5, 2019

It chapter 2

It chapter 2 is a horror movie. That would be fine to watch with a teen but would not personally suggest for any year younger. It is not a movie you would tell people not to watch with ur family
Teen, 13 years old Written byTGLM September 2, 2019

Looking forward for "IT"

I have not yet watched IT chapter 2 since it has not come out yet, but I can definitely tell you what to expect from reading the book. expect a lot of violence, gruesome parts, a lot of blood, probably some spilled organs, a character does suicide but nothing too graphic, a lot of jumps scares and dead bodies. Moving on to other stuff, expect a lot of swearing like f-ck, sh-t, and words like that. there may be a sex scene between two of the loser club members but once again nothing too graphic, expect drinking and maybe a bit of smoking. Children go missing, Pill taking adults. Not for children, teens or adults that cant handle a lot of blood.
a character takes his own life (kills himself) to not need to face the clown again.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMy MuM TrAsH September 16, 2019

My DaD Is MeAn

my dad says i'm not allowed to watch it because of the sexual side (there is only a couple of kissing scenes) My MuM tRaSh because she says that there is too much language, i agree but its nothing i'm not used to. I go to state school and i hear worse words than those every time i go.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTanZboi September 8, 2019

Scary, gripping, and a must watch movie in general.

Any fans of the first movie will LOVE this one. It is quite similar, but is more ambitious with the scares, and the CGI. It is a really loud film (especially in the cinema) with the same, horrifying sound design of the first film. I feel like IT chapter 2 is more complicated than the first film, so kids may find it harder to understand. If you're not a fan of rotting corpses, then you may find this film hard to watch. Bloodier, jumpier, and in general a better film in general for all those adrenaline junkies out there. Ignore where it says 'fewer scares' in the description, because in my opinion this one has double the jump scares, double the stress, double the gore, and double the fun.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylol_4ever_1 September 7, 2019

Literally the best movie to watch at early hours of the morning!!

The movie was so great! Im 13 and i had my two friends with me who are the same age and because it was rated MA15+ in the cinema we had to sneak in... it worked. So worth it though! Nothing inappropriate except some foul language and gruesome scenes. However, the movie was made so perfectly, that everyone in the cinema was laughing so hard in the scariest scenes. It was so funny. Totally recommended for anyone and everyone so long as you don't mind a bit of blood.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIssy s September 7, 2019

My new favourite movie!

Bare in mind that this is all coming from a 13 year old, I only came back from seeing it very early hours this morning but I love it! It’s scarier, gorier and more violent then the last movie including Pennywise killing little children and terrorising the loser club. There are a few kissing scenes but nothing more. The bully from the last movie is also back but as a physio path with bad intentions. There are also some very sad scenes which left be sobbing including two main characters death. *spoiler* there are also some mature themes like suicide (which Stanley commits towards the beginning) and hate crim where a gay couple are attacked and thrown of a bridge. Other then that, it’s an amazing movie with a great message.

Teen, 13 years old Written byConkltay1 September 4, 2019

Way better than the disappointing 2017 remake

This movie is darker and more violent than the 2017 remake I was disappointed for the remake and my hype level sunk for this one but after seeing it I like it better than the 2017 remake but I still think the original is the best. Some gore but not too much and a little bit more blood then the 2017 one but besides that I think early teens can handle it.

Teen, 14 years old Written byReesevvv September 15, 2019
When I first went into the theaters to watch this movie I wasn't sure what to expect, but as soon as the movie started I was enjoying it. Not once was this movie tedious or dragging. Every second I was completely immersed! If you are sensitive to blood and slight gore, I would suggest watching this with caution, but other than that this movie is a great one to watch. I would gladly watch this in theaters twice.
Kid, 12 years old September 15, 2019

Awesome for Teens and Adults!

I saw this movie yesterday with my dad.The beginning was slow and boring and copied the 1990 It,but after that it was awesome and intense.They work together to defeat the clown and they help each other when they need help.There is lots of blood and gore in this movie.Frequent use of f—k and motherf——er.Couple of kiss scenes in the movie.It is really scary.Other than that,It is a good movie.This is a good movie for teens and adults.Kids can get really scared.

Teen, 16 years old Written byPunishpreviously September 15, 2019

It 2 Review

If you didn't watch the first film, go check it out so ya'll understand the second one. Its scary idk if you want to watch it, its good movie thou

Teen, 13 years old Written bystrangerthingsi... September 15, 2019

It Chapter Two

The movie is a great movie and lives to its predecessor. It is thoroughly entertaining and a very fun watch. Although the movie does contain quite a lot of profanity and gore scenes, the horror is nothing more than just jump scares and intense music. Overall, an excellent sequel.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDeltaUwU September 15, 2019

Not scary

It was really funny but if you like horror movies to be scary this ain’t for you because the things that was supposed to be scary wasnt it was just rlly weird.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySe0.n September 14, 2019

You should know your kid.

I think it’s perfectly fine for ages 14 and up. There is a scene where it shows an old ladies breast’s. But other than this it’s just swearing and blood. If your kid can handle this than he or she can go enjoy this movie with an adult.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNobodyhere September 14, 2019

Great

Really good movie. Better then the first as it has way more horror in It.
I'd probably say its for 14+ in age.

Kid, 11 years old September 14, 2019

Totally recommend

I saw this today with my dad and it was an absolute blast! It’s got scares, comedy, emotion etc and the characters are so human and you really feel for them throughout the movie. It’s nit as scary as the first one but there are two child death scenes but other than that it’s not that bad I don’t think a kid over ten would be scared of this movie and it’s also hilarious with lots of jokes, mostly from character Richie Tozier. I highly recommend this movie to any kid over the age of ten. 11/10

Teen, 13 years old Written bynirenisawesome1 September 13, 2019

Pretty good...for teens.

In my opinion, this movie was awesome! However, I’m 13 years old and what I think is awesome might not be for adults or reviewers. This movie had a great balance of comedy and horror and Bill Hader kept on cracking jokes at the worst times! By the way, the reviews are not wrong at all, Bill Hader’s acting was amazing.

So there was a lot of CGI and honestly I have mixed opinions on if that spoilt the film or not. I’ve read the book as well and most of the CGI monsters are in the book. With Pennywise’s forms, you just can’t make them realistic so again, I don’t think that spoilt the film necessarily. It reminds me of the bad shark from Jaws...

Now onto the age rating...This movie wasn’t really scary and I’m being honest. I’m a real scaredy-cat but this isn’t really that scary. Some scenes may get you on the edge of your seats but everyone’s different. This movie was somewhat violent but not like Pulp Fiction violent. There are stabbings, wounds, floating body parts and a mild amount of blood. However, it all looks really fake but it might still scare younger viewers. Pennywise only actual gets one chomp of a person on camera. The other times are very quick but it still might be frightening.

There is a lot of swearing but I don’t really know if that’s a problem in this day and age. I mean, most of the music we listen to today contains swearing so we’re surrounded by it already. There are homophobic slurs and sexual terms but not too many. Lots of f-bombs so don’t even try covering your child’s ears.

In one scene, a woman is almost raped by her abusive husband. She does escape right at the beginning. There’s no real nudity in this movie. There’s a scene where a man enters a tub and his buttocks are visible. The camera focuses on an object and the man’s body is blurry. Also, one of Pennywise’s forms is an old naked woman but nothing is really seen. She then grows into a bigger and more stretched out body and her chest is completely visible. Everything is too fast and dark so you can’t really see anything.

There is positive messages in this film. This whole movie they stick together to defeat the demon. Everyone cares for each other always. Weather it’s now or 27 years ago. This movie definitely displays a good message about friends and bravery.

Honestly, this movie doesn’t deserve an R rating because I think the violence in this movie is not very violent, it has no sexual content, and it isn’t terrifying. I think teens 13+ would enjoy this movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written byfootballislif September 13, 2019

Longer and gorier but still as good as the first

It chapter 2 is gorier than the first the launguage is strong but older teens could handle it, no sex or stuff except breif nudity also some a husband hits and punches his wife in the beginning, a gang beats up a gay couple and throws one off a bridge, pennywise kills/eats children on screen multiple times there is stabbing and some scary images but not too bad for an R rated horror film overall a great movie if you liked the first one
Teen, 15 years old Written byPat_. September 13, 2019

Because it’s teenagers

Because we should all be able to see it !

Teen, 15 years old Written byCPRC7555 September 12, 2019

Great movie but way too violent for kids

I let my little sister watch it with me and some friends and she had nightmares for 6 months and I got in a lot of trouble don't let your kids watch it