Parent reviews for It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie

Classic story retold in funny, touching Muppet romp.

Adult Written byJami S. December 18, 2016

Will teach your kids bad words

Oh wow, this was awful! Joan Cusack plays a raging villain who will teach your little kids how to make fun of others and introduce them to lovely name calling like "thanks for calling me skinny. It's more than I can say for you miss porky". Seriously? This type of name calling and nastiness goes all throughout the show. Wil kids learn how to be mean in school? Unfortunately yes. By why intentionally introduce them to it? This movie makes it seem funny to be mean even though the "good guys" who also act like little jerks at time, win in the end. Also the "hero", Kermit, whines throughout and screams about 100 times "I wish I had never been born!!!" Nice, can't wait for my daughter to say that one day when she's upset :(. Honestly, this movie is awful. They also make sexual jokes. This is the muppets! You can appeal to parents in funnier ways that don't involve nasty language and sexual innuendos. I'm so annoyed.

Parent of a 6-year-old Written byGerald Z. December 2, 2016

Disappointed. Not funny for young kids.

Adult Written byknightwriter December 12, 2015

Tedious, inappropriate, offensive

My family usually enjoys the Muppets and their movies. But, this one is shockingly off the mark - - - tedious plot, inappropriate comments and sexual innuendo far beyond what is mentioned in the above review, and offensive portrayal of God and angels. Shrimps being thrown into cleavage, sexual banter between adults, Moulin Rouge as the basis of a long musical number, etc. Why can't the Muppets just be enjoyed by children and children at heart? They try too hard to reach adults - but it ends up being flat and inappropriate for all. Very disappointing movie - and a disappointingly positive, mild review for something so flawed.