All teen and kid member reviews for Jack Reacher

Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2013

Don't bother a bit

If anyone wants to see this, Watch it with the kids. Im talking to you parents. But if you 99% want to see it and 1% don't. Just don't watch it. It is BORING. Don't listen to Stupid critics. They are just trying to lure you into watching it. Don't watch it unless you are 100% sure guaranteed that you will like it. Its not even 1 bit violent. Its all talking.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymusicforver May 24, 2013

Awesome Movie

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 January 20, 2013

Jack Reacher is passable

To tell you the truth I went into the movie expecting a seasoned blend of both action and mystery. Instead I got an okay mystery and some so-so action sequences. But I will say that the finale was very good, filled with fist-fights and gun battles. The ending I found a bit confusing and just seemed like it was trying to set up for a sequel. There are about 45 profanities including one (very sudden) f-word and 10 s-words some action sequences, and there was some drug content as well. It’s definitely worth watching, it’s just that I would wait until DVD or Blu-ray.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThatGamingCat May 24, 2013

Great! but very violent.

Great movie, but very violent! Has fair bit of language. In the beginning it shows Reacher (Cruise) in a thong, so all parents with kids under 12, should not watch this movie due to the language and violence.
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2014

Get Jack Reacher! Epic Movie.

Jack Reacher is an awesome thriller. The film has allot of guns... sniper shooting 5 people, loads of shootouts etc… The hand to hand violence is fairly moderate . Even though the bbfc gave the movie a 15 cert, you would expect blood but there isn't any which pulls down my viewing age recommendation. Also swearing is infrequent despite one F word, the language isn't too strong e.g.. bi*** and the s word - never used frequently. The threat is quite strong with a character saying "bite your fingers off" which is actually attempted. If you are the right age, you will love Jack Reacher. Totally unmissable.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014
Teen, 14 years old Written bySamhit July 24, 2013

Jack

It should have been rated R for strong language and violence. There was also a bar scene. But overall a good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjtennisboy January 6, 2013

Jack Reacher

It was a great movie but before the movie I was told that it was going to be very intense. It ended up not being that intense. I wrote 11 and up but also for more mature 10 year olds
Teen, 16 years old Written byKearnic17 February 1, 2013

Above-average Tom Cruise movie

This movie isn't forgettable like the reviewer says it is. It has one of the most realistic car chase scenes I have ever seen and of course there is plenty of nice violence-but not gory violence. There is a relatively brief scene where a woman is wearing skimpy underwear but that's it for sexual content. There isn't even any kissing that I can think of. This is your above-average conspiracy thriller and I encourage you to at least consider watching it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 January 18, 2013

Fairly good action movie has lots of violence and thrills

Teen, 16 years old Written byGamerevier December 25, 2012

More like An light rated R movie than a PG-13

Great movie violence 8/10 drugs/drinking/smoking 3/10 cussing 5/10 sex 3/10 good but a little to much violence for a PG-13 movie more like a light R movie it is also intense
Teen, 13 years old Written bytruetomovies April 12, 2014

just bad

it was so boaring, I think I fell asleep through it, I cant even remember the point of the story. don't bother
Teen, 16 years old Written byDog Bone November 2, 2013

Fairly good

Brutal violence but not gory at all. Bad guy is cheesy otherwise I would give it 4 stars. Brief sexual stuff. One F word and some other language. Somewhat interesting storyline.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAhiena7 June 18, 2013

Awesome

My whole family watched this (ages 9, 11, 14, 17 and parents). I totally loved it. It was awesome. It's pretty clean except for the lady at the beginning and the language which don't disturb Me since I'm fluent in it. The violence was mild (I wish it was more violence.). But it was a great movie
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 April 14, 2013

Jack Reacher is suprisingly good

Jack Reacher is fun. You will have a good time watching it. Tom Cruise does a good job in his role. Overall it is enjoyable
Teen, 13 years old Written bysam varma January 25, 2013

nothing grerat

mysterious.... gets you stuck to the movie till the end but iis forgettable and nothing great
Kid, 12 years old January 13, 2013

Cool action movie.

Jack Reacher is a boss action movie that is good to see with friends. It is too confusing for anyone under 10 probably. It is also pretty violent. It is about a sniper shooting five random people and an ex military cop getting to the bottom of the mystery. You can see the shooting, and there is also lots of other violent scenes where people are shot or beaten up. But there is no blood or gore. They also say words like f--k, s--t, p---y, pr--k, or b---h once or twice. Overall good movie but not for young kids.
Kid, 10 years old October 31, 2016

Exciting but a bit brutal

I didn't see Jack Reacher in the cinema, but I did on TV. While I was watching the film, there was suspense on whether you should even trust someone or not, which I liked. Now I'm not giving any spoilers, but I think Jack Reacher as a character is a bit brutal, since one of the lines he says is "I mean to beat you to death and drink your blood from a boot.", which you'd agree is quite brutal whether you're an adult or not, right? However, the action is something I liked.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Next Big Thing June 28, 2016

A well-made and often-disturbing thriller with a cool lead performance

Jack Reacher is a very good action thriller written for screen and directed by Academy Award winner Christopher McQuarrie. With this film, McQuarrie shows his talent for directing. His use of close ups to highlight information, and also he also uses his camera to show character non-verbally very well. As for the writing, there are flaws. It begins very well, and the mystery is excellent. However, in between it takes a break, and it becomes boring for a bit. Still, Jack Reacher is still able to come back after the break, and ends with a satisfying end, but still isn't up to par for what the beginning had to offer. The lead performance from Tom Cruise is really good. He may not be as heavy nor as tall as Reacher, but if you put that aside, you will see that Cruise is able to get in this guy's head, and it shows on screen. Tom Cruise really is Jack Reacher. The other performances aren't bad. Rosamund Pike, like Cruise, is able to get into her character's head, and it shows on screen. Richard Jenkins and David Oyelowo both show their tough sides, but there with strength, there is vulnerability. Especially Oyelowo, who shows vulnerability without speaking a word. Joseph Sikora nails his character's helplessness. Werner Herzog has a scary presence, while actually acting like a gentleman. Alexia Fast shows fear very well, and Robert Duvall is pretty eccentric as Martin Cash. Jack Reacher is a violent film. It is never graphic, there is almost no blood. The violence has been toned down for a PG-13 rating, but nevertheless, the violence will be disturbing to some. Jack Reacher is a violent man. He doesn't want to get in trouble, but when in trouble, he will be very violent. The film opens with the murder of five people. Later, the victims's personal stories are revealed. One happens to be a 19 year old girl who was only babysitting a five year old girl, and one happens to be a mother of a young boy. These two deaths can be unsettling for some viewers. In a brief flashback, we see a man being beaten up very badly. This is also disturbing. A scene where someone has to bite their fingers off, a scene with a girl suffocated to death. These are disturbing scenes. There are other violent scenes, but not as disturbing. Reacher takes down five guys in a bar fight. You can see and hear the pain the victims suffer. Reacher kills two guys by hitting one's head on the other, and hurts a guy holding a gun by twisting his fingers. Reacher kills one guy with a rock, and there are a couple other murders. There is a fight scene with a villain and Reacher, and that doesn't end up very pleasantly. In addition to that, there is brief language. The f-word, the b-word, and sh*t is uttered, but there is not a lot of it. Plus there is brief drug use, but I wouldn't worry about that a lot. Some kids under 13 may watch this movie and won't be disturbed by the violence. It really depends on your kid. I would say that in general, if your kid is under 13, this may not be the movie for him.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAudenC August 25, 2015

Jack Reacher

The trailers lead you to believe this is the next Mission Impossible film. In actual fact, this is a compelling, exiting and extremely well written and directed (props to Christopher McQuarrie) mystery with some excellent action sequences. One use of the F word and some violence with blood but not too bad. can be a bit scary intence, especially the nail-biting opener and a scene involving Werner Herzog's character.