Parent and Kid Reviews on

John Wick: Chapter 4

John Wick: Chapter 4: Movie Poster: Close up of John Wick, wearing a suit and tie
Our Review

Based on 7 parent reviews

Sort by:

This astounding, non-stop action joyride has constant violence

John Wick: Chapter 4 (2023) follows John Wick, an ex mercenary and assassin with the entire world on his back, and a multi-million dollar price tag. With the entire planet and secret underground agency trying to kill him, he tries everything he can to escape. The film has constant strong bloody violence with over-the-top beating, shooting, stabbing, executions, people exploding, bursting on fire and blood splattering and caking the walls left and right. This action violence is ABSOLUTELY to be expected. VIOLENCE: SEVERE The violence in this film is constant, and that is even an understatement. Hoards of men are killed in exceedingly brutal manners of shooting, stabbing and viscous beating. There are prolonged sequences lasting sometimes upwards of 20 minutes at a time of men being killed. When men are shot in the head, blood and brain spray out and splatter against walls, after they are often executed by being shot in the head on the floor. Countless throats are slit with blood detail, and people are slashed, stabbed, impaled and taken out in this manner. When people are beaten there is unrelenting, vicious punches to the face and body. Bones are snapped, and people shriek in pain. Multiple men are killed in brutal fashion with hatchets, which fly and smash into heads. There is an extended sequence where an incendiary shotgun is used to kill countless men, seen from a top-down angle. Fire erupts through their bodies and they blast into flames, rag-dolling on the ground in extreme realistic manners. An intense sequence shows cars slamming into and killing numerous men. They fly into the air and slam onto the concrete in ultra-realistic manners. Men are pushed down flights of stairs, slam into light posts and fall onto and are thrown into walls, surroundings and others. A pencil is used to dispatch a few men in one scene with bloody results. Blunt objects are used to beat the faces of men. A dog is shown brutally mauling men countless times, sometimes with bloody results and intense screaming. A particularly graphic and disturbing scenes shows a man having his hand stabbed and impaled with a knife. He is given the option to rip it out or pull his hand back and slice his hand open by doing so in order to get it out. He chooses to pull his hand back, causing his flesh to tear graphically on camera and blood to go everywhere when he rips his hand out. Overall, the violence is constant, strong, bloody and sometimes graphic. However, aside from a handful of scenes, the violence never really lingers onscreen and leaves your sight quite quickly. The violence is also shown in an action-related manner and is not disturbing but more entertaining and exhilarating to watch. LANGUAGE: MILD 7 uses of fuck, some uses of shit and asshole, and uses of ass. The language is very tame for an R rated film, especially due to the length of the film. Most of the language is missed, forgotten or not noticed due to the constant content and intense plot of the film. OVERALL: 14+ for pervasive strong violence

3 people found this helpful.

Hyper violent entertaining film with lots of action and high body count

This is one of the most violent and with higher body count in the series. There is camaradery and the main character is just grinding through bodies and bodies. Plot is loose but in great places and backgrounds. My children 17 and 16 enjoyed it as well as I. Best in the series

Unbelievably good.

One of the Greatest!

Some of the best action scenes ever!!! Consistent violence can be expected from any john wick film and this one is no exception .

BEST MOVIE, but read all

It’s really good! But, it has a lot of violence, and if your kids aren’t mature, you shouldn’t show them this. I personally liked this movie, but I wouldn’t show like a 6 year old.
1 person found this helpful.

A solid entry to the 4th John Wick movie series!

Me and some friends went to see this and we had ass grins on our faces at the end of the movie. This was a movie that I couldn’t forget what I saw in 2 months or even 2 years later! I remember setting a high bar for this movie, and man did this movie deliver more than what I was setting/expecting!! The John Wick series starts out simple, but as each movie progresses forward we get even more depth into the second world Wick lived, and the fourth movie just delivered some amazing things about the High Table! It may not have gone into a stronger narrative that I wanted, but it did not matter because in the end we had Bill Skarsgård playing the high leader of the High Table and man did he deliver his role amazingly!! The best part of this movie was listening to one of my friends say, “This man is superman!” Actually just kidding, but it was funny to hear him say that! But the best part was Wick’s relentless kill scenes over & over again! I mean, it was non-stop and somehow I never got bored of it or tired, but I was like in my mind, “give me more!” About 75% of the movie I had a smile on that was seen more than in Top Gun: Maverick and a lot more in Ambulance, but this movie . . . this movie had the most smiles from me! I couldn’t control it, and I LOVED IT! And one of the best actors in the movie second to Bill Skarsgård was Donnie Yen as Caine. And he nailed his role! And of course Keanu Reeves couldn’t be stopped — he kept on going and going no matter what! And not only that, but I saw this masterpiece movie in IMAX!! It was epic for your seat to vibrate every time a gunshot happened or any loud noises happened. It was loud, very vivid, every detail you could notice, and the noise was crisp and clear! It was such an experience, that I just said this at the end of the movie, “best movie experience in my life!” There are a lot of scenes I could discuss, but I don’t want to mark this as a spoiler, so I can’t but trust me: every damn action scene/kill was cinema. There is nothing compared to it, and technically speaking Keanu is the better one in action film with we were comparing Tom Cruise and Keanu Reeves! A masterpiece movie/experience that this movie easily delivered everything I wanted and a lot more!!

1 person found this helpful.

FOR YOUR CRYPTO / BTC RECOVERY, CONTACT iBOLT CYBER HACKER.

Do You Need A Hacker Who Can Recover Stolen Or Scammed Bitcoins? Good day, my name is Frank St. John. I am the Lockheed Martin Corporation's chief operations officer. Since June 2020, I have been responsible for the strategic, operational, and financial success of the corporation's business units. I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation to iBolt Cyber Hacker for assisting me in recovering $650,900 in stolen cryptocurrency. At first, I was skeptical that they would be able to assist me, but I was pleasantly surprised when they did. They are the best, and I am very grateful to them for assisting me in recovering my money. Contact Info: Email: [email protected] WhatsApp: +39 350 929 0554