Kid reviews for Jonah: A VeggieTales Movie

Entertaining, humorous take on biblical story.

Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2015

Jonah: A VeggieTales movie:)

I love all the VeggieTales movies and so does my whole family, It's fun ,Humorous, and A Christian show with beautiful animation I would recommend it to anyone (If you believe in God) :)

Kid, 8 years old March 10, 2014

Jonah has some scary parts

sorry i forgot to add this last time, but by 'scary" i mean as follows: 1. In jonah's dream the usually unscary character scooter might trigger nightmares 2. Khalil is a main character, he may not do this to you, but he freaks me out 3. when jonah gets to ninevah, a character yells "get back!" he shows his eyes for one second, and they are freakers besides that, its great! enjoy!

Educational Value
Ease of Play
Teen, 16 years old Written bydark rose April 9, 2008

the cutest

another veggie twist on a great story
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T January 15, 2015

This used to be my favorite movie.

This movie was so fun and educational. The only part that REALLY scared me was an intense and violent storm midway through the movie. Yet for younger kids the suspense might be worrisome. For instance, a van spins out of control once the driver (unintentionally) yanks off the steering wheel. Jonah and the pirates are also in occasional peril. And Nell Minow doesn't concoct as much 1-star quality here.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 25, 2011

Practically Nothing

Though this movie has some scary and perilous moments, it teaches kids about Jonah and God, so it's practically nothing.

Educational Value
Teen, 14 years old Written byMarioMii November 23, 2010

Slapping people with fish is not a good role model

In one scene, the veggie people were slapping each other with fishes and that was not a good role model. Slapping other people isnot a good idea at all. My nanny did not like some parts of that movie because of that.

SPLENDID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! I love this stuff!!!!!!!!IT's great!!!!! I still watch it!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLòótoReviwer March 29, 2015

A wonderful movie with a great message.

I absolutely love this movie, and I have the VHS copy to prove it. The movie teaches everyone deserves a second chance.

Kid, 12 years old April 3, 2012

Didn't convert me to christianity

A christian neighbor of ours gave this movie to me when I was 4 years old to save my family and add jesus to our lives. Didn't work. Boring movie too.

Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2018

Wrote a review on this a while ago

Wrote a review on this a while ago ("Jonah has some scary parts"), but seriously don't pay attention to that one. This movie is fine, some references to British comedy and very clever for kids and adults, especially if you understand the bible story. Bit of consumerism. Also, why on earth did younger me rate this for "ease of play"?