Parent reviews for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Stage musical successfully brought to the screen.

Adult Written byBillBonn February 28, 2016

"Nudity"

So, I know that women dancers in this movie were actually wearing body suits, but they were really thin. Granted, in the potiphar scene, the dancers were covering their bums, but in the pharaoh scene, it looked a lot like they were just painted blue! I don't care what anyone else thinks (on IMDB whenever someone mentioned this a herd of people went like "so what if kids want to see that?") That's the fact. Deal with it...I don't think Jesus would want kids to see all of this movie.
Adult Written byVinnie01 November 7, 2010
I think this movie is great is this did bring back old school time memories realating to the story

Adult Written bywallyk2334 June 29, 2009
My kids love it. They started watching it when they were 3 and 5. It is good for long car rides when you have listen to what they are watching, the music is very catchy :-)

Adult Written byGregory S. February 5, 2018

Great for the classroom, but be careful...

Amazing, amazing, amazing musical!!!! Great music, story and quite engaging. Good to show in music classes (check about religious restrictions first). But! Some dancing and the Potifar's wife scene must be skipped. YES, they are clothed, and no sex is had, but kids are smart these days. The women in that scene are wearing nude tight costumes with glitter around their nipples... Why UK!? So unfornate they went that route for a musical for kids. They also strip Joseph in the scene to his loin cloth. Trust me, kids will pick up on that, and other teachers/admin will hear about it. Also the french tango scene at the end of the film with the brothers has an apeche dancer who dances extremely sensual and revealing. Then she takes Jacob inside the house for some one on one time... again, kids will pick up on that. But once you skip that, its a great story for kids.

Adult Written bygracebxyz July 25, 2018

This has a strip tease!!!

beware... in this movie there are explicit sexual themes of such a level that my friend had to leave in dismay in a rolling chair, skadooing after her innocence was lost forevermore. There was a non-consensual strip tease and multiple scenes where the narrator, disturbingly, pops her head out of a man's loin clothing. This obscene narrator is also the main character to interact with the school children in the audience. Additionally, all of Jacob's wives are said to call him "dad," which seems like a sexual reference. (No kink-shaming though). In the same scene as the strip tease, the main sexual predator (who is inappropriately dressed) smokes what seems to be an ancient joint.