Parent and kid reviews for Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer

Popular book heroine gets a bummer adaptation.

Teen, 15 years old Written byloverocksbaby June 16, 2011

6-9

Me and my sister saw it (she's 7) She liked it of course I thought it was stupid but it's for 6-9 years old but older will think it's stupid. A cute movie for kids I have to say .
Teen, 16 years old Written byAllie P. June 24, 2011

Fun Movie

Despite what the reviewers have said, I actually enjoyed the movie. Your kids may or may not like it. I'm pretty easy when rating movies, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNarwhalLover13 June 15, 2013

Judy Moody

My favorite part is the beginning. I have no idea why everyone keeps rating this movie a bad review, I thought it was very enjoyable.

Teen, 14 years old Written byilovetaylorswift32 June 25, 2011

Judy Moody is really good

This movie is really good! It is about a girl and her friends trying to have a contest on who gets the most thrill points. She learns that you don't have to get thrill points to have a good summer. You just have to be with family. There is some stuff in there that is iffy but not to worry about for 10 and up. For example, someone throws up on Judy. And a toad pees on her friend. And there's poop in a sandwich that they had. Overall, it is a good movie!

Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written byamig0animad0 March 21, 2015

Awful Movie, but kids love it anyway

Judy is just very mean in this movie, and it's very distgusting that she wears her underwear(without pants) for the whole movie! When Frank was her only friend that was staying with her, she was bummed out, and her thrill point thing never worked. ALSO, when Stink wanted to find Bigfoot, she just stole his idea anyway! This film is just very, very, very disappointing
Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2015

Really Good Family Movie.

Realistic fiction! Great family movie. The only intense part for young kids would be the zombie movie, and maybe the finding big foot. Otherwise perfect for the whole family.
Kid, 11 years old February 3, 2014

Disgusting.

I wish this movie was never made. It was horrible! The horror movie is scary for kids. There is even a scene where somebody's eyeball falls out. Don't believe me? I hope you do. Watch it on Dish, Apple TV Or DirecTV. Besides the eyeball scene, the characters are stupid and Stink's name is disgusting. Watch a better movie like Spongebob and/or Pokemon! This movie is B.A.D Garbage! -10 out of 5 stars

Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2012

Recommended

if you area fan of the judy moody books, you will definetly love this movie. it is one of my favorites and has been since it came out. though there is a scene that they see a zombie film ( which might scare younger children ) but it is very brief and you only see a minute of it.
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2012

Judy Moody and the NOT good movie!!!!!!!!!! :-(

Here is an overview of the movie: Dum,Stupid,Dum!! Don't waste you time!
Kid, 10 years old May 23, 2015

I never laughed

I didn't really enjoy the comedy.

Drinking, drugs & smoking
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow July 21, 2012

Dull, crude and rather unoriginal

I have not read the Judy Moody books, and after watching this movie, I'm not sure I ever want too. The jokes are crude and scatological, and the dialogue is clunky and uninspired. Maybe this will please fans of the book, or just young kids in general. Very young kids. Very, very young kids. Other than that, no. On the positive side, the actors portraying Judy and Stink are a bit talented for their age, and parents will be happy to hear that there is a positive message about not forcing yourself to have fun and just to enjoy the moment. But otherwise, there isn't much good to be found here.

Kid, 9 years old March 6, 2012

mega thrill points

this movie had mega thrils and good messages to not give up and try your best but....... your older kids will love it and laugh

Kid, 8 years old March 3, 2012

Judy Moody the best!!

It is the best movie ever!

Kid, 9 years old November 19, 2011

unbelievably poorly done

this movie was terrible! although i enjoy when movies for kids have enough adult inuendo to keep me interested, i am not someone who requires it in order to take my kids to see a movie i think they will enjoy. that said, this movie was too dumb for my 12 and 9 year-olds who actually liked the judy moody books. it has NO climax and the plot is non-existent. i felt robbed and we only paid $3 to see it on dvd. save your money!
Teen, 13 years old Written byChan chan June 14, 2016
Kid, 9 years old April 17, 2016

A good adaptation but uneven children's movie

Kid, 8 years old July 8, 2015

Gross,but funny kids spoof has profanity and racy innuendo.

My rating:PG-13 for racy humor throughout,disgusting scenes,and some language.
Kid, 11 years old June 28, 2011

Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer 101

Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer is a great movie for younger kids. There are a few scenes where the kids talk about "pee", "poo", and "crap", but besides that this movie is great for children 5+.

Teen, 15 years old Written byjustinbeiber16 June 24, 2011

judy moody

i really love how Judy speaks her mind