All parent member reviews for Jumanji

Adult Written byDr.Pepper January 16, 2010

One of the best

This is one of the best movies I have ever seen. The only main concern is that it might be a bit intense for really young children. Also there is some very mild swearing (One use of "h#ll" and "d@mn" each)
Parent of a 10 year old Written bydandy June 3, 2010

My kids think this movie is gross!

Violence. Here and there. One kid gets beat up in the beginning. I don't want my kids watching this crap! Language= d**n, and h**l. Violence= cars crash, guns, and stampedes. Not that many kisses only 2. But my kids still love it!
Adult Written bycrackerjack5 June 17, 2009

One of the best children's movies ever!

Fantastic movie!! Very clever; now I want to rent it again!
Parent Written byRJD76 November 7, 2011

Good but not for young kids

There is a scene in which Bonnie Hunt's charater (who was a little girl when Robin William's character was sucked into the game as a boy) talks about how she can't believe he is alive because he was really chopped up into little pieces by his father.
Parent Written byerinw2 October 26, 2014

Parent Written byT Dv June 24, 2012

For a little bitty kid, this is basically a horror movie. So, keep that in mind!

This movie was the right level of drama for our 4 year old because she enjoys animals going crazy and that is basically what is going on in this movie. She likes being frightened by movies. The finer aspects of the plot (time travel and such) are lost on her but she understood that the people in the movie were all caught in a horrible magic game. There is a scene with kids bullying another kid, and we had to talk about that, and there's a crazy old-timey hunter who's trying to shoot everyone, and we had to talk about that. ALSO, there are a couple of scenes where adults say they believe a kid was chopped up and his body was hidden in the walls. That would really freak out some kids. We just told ours those grown-ups were trying to scare the children, and she accepted that and never gave it another thought. Otherwise, it was a fine movie for her--one of the only ones she's asked to see over and over again.
Adult Written by413804 February 4, 2012

Special effects are superior

An ok movie. Doesn't stay very close to the book. It was directed by Joe Johnston, who did the effects for Steven Speilbergs movies. The whole film just seemed like a special effects show
Adult Written bykeeyan January 31, 2012

jumanji

jumanji is awesome
Parent Written byj4mom January 25, 2010

We loved it, just watched it last night on DVD. Great action, interesting story line twist, plenty of good conversation points throughout the film. Major fantasy.
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written bytalanjs March 30, 2009

Parent of a 5 and 6 year old Written byRadyal12@atlas.cz February 16, 2009

Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

Fantasy fun

A must have kids show that requires imagination and has great heart. Wonderful story to make a movie.