Kid reviews for Jumanji

Some thrills, but may be too much for little ones.

Wondering if Jumanji is OK for your kids?

Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2010

Fine movie but SCARY SPIDER AND BUGS!!!!

The movie, in my opinion, is fine. Adventurous but will be scary for the really young kids. There was a spider and huge bugs in there, so if your child is scared of seeing spiders or big bugs like me, skip that part of the movie or don't watch it.
Kid, 12 years old September 16, 2014

Commonsense has no commonsense

this review is one of the most accurate reviews on this site, but damn is heard only once if ever. hell is used once. oh, and only 3 stars? this movie is great!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 August 28, 2009

I realize my account name could make ppl believe

to think "Jumanji's" my fav movie. It was, up until I saw "Forrest Gump," which is now my current fav. Also I watched "Jumanji" again after making this new account, (my old account on here was also "jumanji-lover" but with a hyphen) and realized it wasn't AS good as I remembered, but it's still a classic tween movie in my book. I love all the action, but always cover my eyes during the ENORMOUS tarantulas scene.

Kid, 10 years old July 29, 2016

Scary

Cool movie but scary good message is don't cheat.

Teen, 14 years old Written byLuke Starkiller February 29, 2016

Kids will LOVE it!

I saw this in 4th Grade, and it immediately became one of my favorite movies. It is hilarious, thrilling, and action-packed. This is what child-friendly comedy-thrillers should be like today.

Teen, 17 years old Written bysecret lady June 4, 2014

jumanji the most adventurous movie

its an immensely good for young adventurous children...

Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv February 2, 2009

Best Fantasy film ever!

This film has a very original plot about a magical and possibly eveil board game. This film has action, thrills, and good actors like Kirsten Dunst. I loved it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDaisyThorn July 3, 2016
We can all agree that Jumanji has its thrills and might not be for kids of ALL ages, but nevertheless, I personally think that people don't give the movie enough credit.
The movie doesn't only provide us with a story about a cursed board game. It also tells the story about personal growth.
The symbolism used in the movie is structured perfectly. Just to name one scenario: Alan getting chased by a hunter with the eyes of his father.
The movie uses its scary elements to support the real thrill of becoming an adult, making decisions for the future, choosing your own path and of course: Having huge regrets.
The special effects are not as great as today's standards, but the effects get the job done.

I could go on for a while, but all in all: Jumanji IS a great movie, in my opinion. It's an amazing and thrilling adventure for the family, even with it's huge bugs and scary atmosphere.

Kid, 12 years old February 10, 2015

Jumanji Review

Jumanji is a family friendly movie that includes, action, adventure, and laughter! I think that this movie was great and fun. It has the one and only Robin Williams! He is great in all his movies! The movie starts off with Robin Williams as a kid and he gets bullied. It has great animation for its age. But now in 2015 it's not that good. The best part (for me) was when all the animals started to run out of the house! The least favorite part (for me) was when the monkeys ran out of the house. The animation was not that great for me. The monkeys were not very realistic looking. Lastly, the movie was great and fun to watch over and over!

Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek97 April 17, 2010

An all around good movie, might be to scarry for little kids

this is an AWSOME movie that the whole family will enjoy. there is a little bit of violence but not realy strong, it might be too scarry for small kids

Kid, 10 years old August 12, 2009
Kid, 11 years old October 7, 2020

Not scary!

Great movie has a lotta action but there’s great messages it’s very entertaining and great for the whole family I don’t know why people are calling this scary

Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2020

Robin Williams is the star in this classic

Great movie is mostly for older kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written byWwfrank August 1, 2020

Teen, 13 years old Written byMr. Review Guy July 9, 2020

This is good and barely scary!

The movie is good, but didn’t entertain me as much as Welcome to The Jungle and The Next Level did. But still, it was pretty cool to see what stuff was like in the 90’s. Anyway, I think this is a good movie for the family and you should watch it if you haven’t already.

Teen, 13 years old Written byYa ya papaya July 3, 2020

A great movie for all ages

Kid, 12 years old June 2, 2020

Very entertaining but has lot's of twists and turns in it.

When I sat down to watch Jumanji for the first timeI never thought that the film would be as funny or turn out the way it did as I had completely different expectations; like the fact that I thought that they would go into the game instead of the game coming out to them. The film is appropriate in terms of language but it has a "Damn" every now and then. It's also not the sort of film to be scared of but the suspense at the start can be a little bit nerve wracking. Other than that it is an incredibly exciting film with lots of different twists and turns. However, if you find bugs uncomfortable then I would recommend skipping the parts with the spiders and mosquitos.

Kid, 10 years old February 11, 2020
Kid, 8 years old January 23, 2020

Love Jumanji but...

Fun but quite scary as the kids keep having to run from deadly creatures. The lion in the attic really scared me. I learned a new word though! STAMPEDE!!!

Kid, 9 years old December 20, 2019

a little bit dark

this is a great movie for kids it is a family friendly film that anyone can watch based on the children if they get scared super easily maybe not for them but if you are someone that doesn't mind dark things then a great film to watch.