Action-heavy sci-fi tale has uninspiring hero.

Adult Written byDr.Q November 19, 2009
Is a good movie. The plot was well made. The actors were good. Jumping to other area in the planet was a thing to see.
Adult Written by4Spice July 28, 2010

very good

watch this movie lots of action 12 and over for sex
Teen, 17 years old Written bywaffles4waffles July 20, 2010
good movie there is one sexual scene it has scenes of violence but no blood has language but pretty clean
Teen, 17 years old Written byMangareader101 October 11, 2013

Settle down people...

After reading other reviews, I have noticed a lot of people are angry over the 'Jesus Christs.' But is it really that bad? Yes, they could have put in 'Good Lord,' or 'Holy Christ,' but it worked. And actually, PG-13 movies are allowed one use of the F-word if it is not sexual. Now, to the movie. It actually was really good. Of course, it was not perfect.
Kid, 12 years old February 26, 2011

Awesome movie.

One my favorites.
Parent Written byJulieC 6 April 12, 2016

Too much violence and swearing!

I think parents who are considering this movie need to know that there is a scene where a jumper is stabbed violently by the Paladin who has caught him. Not great! :( Also, there is a lot of swearing peppered throughout the movie. Definitely for kids 13 years plus.
Parent Written byconcernedpop August 25, 2014

morally repulsive, but fun sci-fi film - for the oldest teenagers.

this is yet another film where every character has strong negative traits. The jumpers are thieves and murderers and have absolutely no remorse or guilt over their crimes. The people who are after them (palladins) are like religious zealots who actually slaughter these kids in the most gruesome way. The film wants us to root for the 'nice' jumper, but he is just as bad as everyone else. He just steals instead of robbing and killing. Worse, he keeps saying "I didn't hurt anyone" (that is his mantra to justify his luxurious life style), as if robbing people isn't hurting anyone. Worse, he seduces (both sexually and morally) his nice girlfriend to leave her good life and accept his life of crime. And they get away with it.. and we are supposed to applaud this? If you see this with anyone under the age of 17, I highly suggest having a very serious conversation with them on the lessons this film is sending. I did this with my child, and am glad I did. It is way too easy to walk away from this film thinking 1) robbing people is fun, 2) there is nothing wrong with it, 3) it doesn't hurt anybody, and 4) is what any 15 year old would do if they could get away with it! (yes, this is actually said in the film!) yet, the film itself was a blast. great special effects, good acting. just be warned.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGusia99 May 4, 2013

Awesome!

This is one of my favourite movies. This movie for me the rating is 11 years old+, but only if up for it. It involves drinking in a bar, stealing money from a bank, some inappropriate language, plenty of violence (for me; AWESOME! :)and a small length sex scene, but doesn't reveal anything.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 27, 2013

Hated it!

I hated it, they made |Hayden Christensen the biggest jerk ever. He's a selfish jerk the whole movie, never learns to put others before him.
Kid, 10 years old February 25, 2012

dead fantastic

amazing
Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter November 27, 2011

Not Bad

Good storyline, good actors. Language not too bad, one sexual scene that isn't too bad. Okay for thirteen and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 3, 2011

A whole lot better than the reviews say it is. Amazing special effects.

My rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action, sensuality, strong language and some scenes involving teens drinking.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 14, 2011
Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of action violence, strong language, brief sexuality, and thematic material.
Written byAnonymous August 11, 2010

Sad acting, great concept...

Sadly an awesome concept is ruined by horribly bland, poor, acting... The idea is there is a select few who have the power to teleport to anywhere they have visual contact with, and a group of government officials are trying to hunt them down because "only god should have the power to be everywhere all the time."
Teen, 13 years old Written byPony21 July 26, 2010

Perfect for young but mature teens

It was a pretty good movie even though the critics bashed it. There was a lot of sci-fi violence that didn't appear to harm anyone. A few kisses and an implied sex. Not much swearing. A few of the characters have drinks and there is a scene in a bar with a drunken person. All and all, I would say it is good for age 14 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKatie-Kakes October 24, 2009

Perfect movie for the whole family

It was interesting and i loved the story line, it wasnt to violent and i had seen much worse at the age of 12 when i first saw this movie but i thoughly loved this movie. i think that everyone should see it
Teen, 17 years old Written byLadyFlameSinger October 20, 2009

A disappointment

This movie could have been really good. Really. But, um, it wasn't. I can only describe the so-called hero as lame, and the storyline had far too many holes for my liking. Hayden Christensen delivered a stunningly inept preformance as David Rice, and the other actors were almost as bad. The movie had potential, but sadly, it fell rather short of its mark.
Teen, 14 years old Written byReviewer X1 October 8, 2009

"Very unlikable" (SPOILER)

The main character is unlikable. He runs away from home, steals from banks at first just to get by. But then he does it so many times that he is swimming in cash in a luxury apartment. The Villain, who hunts our "hero," comes off as a noble character for the first 30 minutes. Until he brutally kills another jumper in front of the audience. The ending is terrible. But it really depends on your expectations. I went in thinking it would be awesome.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjumper34 September 20, 2009

rock for young teens

awsome fast paced action flick. With one sexual scene and some language not has bad hs good be. Not for kids for violence
Kid, 12 years old August 28, 2009

A disappointing action flick

This movie was kind of violent but nothing REALLY bad. there is a lot of teleportation, so if u didnt like x-men u defiantly will not like this one. haydon christianson is a horrible actor.