Parent reviews for Khumba

Khumba Poster Image

Scary!

The Leopard scenes are really scary! The message is good but storyline is not enjoyable...

One of the few Netflix options

My kids enjoyed it, it’s kind of long for a three year old at just under 1.5 hours but they stayed engaged the whole time

Eh?

This movie isn’t the worst. I wasn’t happy with at the very beginning girl zebras were talking about boy zebras being “hot” and acting sexy kind of? It was weird and I really don’t need my little boys dealing with that. There’s lots of bullying, making fun of how the main character looks. Then the main character zebra’s (khumba) mom dies...my kids will not stop talking about how she died. It was sad. They are ages 5 and 7. So I rated it age 8+ because I really think it’s not that bad but I wish I wouldn’t have started it for them.

It's already been done before.

The movie plot has already been done before but the name is really funny i thought the name was pronounced cum ba

Not the Lion King, but still fun & entertaining for younger kids.

Not the Lion King, but still fun and with characters that are entertaining for younger kids. Educational messages. Some real insight into the African Savannah and issues that animals in that part of the world face. Some nice animation.