Kid reviews for Khumba

Khumba Poster Image

Pretty Decent Movie

I think the other reviews on this are too harsh. First off, as a kid, the whole “hot” scene mostly went over my head; it wasn’t half as questionable as some of the stuff in the Madagascar films. Second off, the entire point of the movie is that it’s okay to be different and you shouldn’t listen to the bullies. It was a fun movie with some memorable characters (Bradley and the crazy sheep were my favorite), some funny scenes (the crazy sheep had me in stitches when I was 11), and a good message. Would recommend for kids over 8.

AllBudgie Music -reviews

has achieved generally favorable and positive reviews from the eight critics, so far. AllBudgie music's Hejo Budgie called it "another big-hearted, big-sounding African film that's fully stocked with big, hooky fun movie, which features "far more good in their work than there is emo and a lot of bullying or emotion is out of place", and noted that the "film is very much of the time with scary scenes /adult content , little bits of references from other films but over all the story and characters are great also, realizes, "what Khumba lacks in diversity and diffrence , it more than makes up for in heart, and at the end of the day, that's what this movie has always been about."[1

It kept me sort of entertained...

It seemed like a good movie. It was nice to watch. It was made with good intentions, but I have no clue why they swore in it. I think that it was bad how the zebras were making fun of our protagonist's appearance. On the other hand, after being abused by his family due to having a disability, I seriously and sincerely felt bad for Phango (the antagonist leopard) when he was killed.

I think the movie overall is pretty good. However, the movie might be a little too sad as it touches some miserable notes, such as bullying. So why 9+? Well, I think, first of all, being bullied by technically everyone might be a little too much for a little kid to handle. Secondly, there is one inappropriate word, "a*s" which is used in terms of name calling. Might be appropriate for some younger, but more mature kids.

Extremely underrated movie

The Khumba is an excited animated adventure with a Determined main character and many positive role models. I personally feel that this movie is extremely underrated, purely because it was not created by Disney or Pixar. Khumba is an excellent movie, but parents should be warned that it does contain some mild language (insults such as dumb, muscle brain, and fluff head are used, and one mention of the a-word). Why people overlook this masterpiece is beyond me. If you are looking for a cute, animated movie about a zebra trying to find his stripes, I highly recommend this movie.

One use of the A word...

Khumba says, "I may be a half Zebra, but at least I'm not an a-s-s.".