All teen and kid member reviews for Kick-Ass 2

Teen, 14 years old Written byesoccer7 August 17, 2013

Very violent, lots of swearing, the first one was better.

There is alot of blood gushing everywhere. Also there is a lot of swearing. The main villain's name is the motherf***er and he says it many times. There is also night b*tch and kick a**. There is one scene that lasts a full 10-15 seconds which is pretty long when you watch it, that has fully frontal female nudity. The violence doesn't really matter in my opinion, the swearing is what any high schooler hears everyday, but some parents may not be ok with the nudity.
Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd August 16, 2013

this movie is a great example why august isnt the best month for movie blockbusters

I'll be honest but I hated this movie for a couple of major reasons 1.being a Christian there's lots of extreme offensive content 2.even if I wasn't a Christian there's one thing I would like to know,whom is this movie meant for?it's rated R so it means it's only meant for adults but the people I hear most exited about it, like it and talk about it the most are immature teen boys around 13 who can't see the movie cause there too young and adults won't see it cause it's juvenile,unappealing and just stupid,but in other words both this movie and the original are too mature for kids and teens and too childish for adults
Kid, 10 years old August 16, 2013

Good for my Age

Alot of parents think kids 13 and under cant handle language and violence and sex but, they're exposed to it alot more than you think. Kids know whats a movie and whats not!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 August 30, 2013

Great sequel, but definitely not for everyone

I was so excited to go and see this, and I got what I was expecting, an amazing sequel. Although this one had a darker feel to it. It still had it's comical feel, but I felt it was a little bit more realistic in terms of violence. Violence includes numerous scenes of stylized fighting, there is a scene where one of the villain's kills a group of police officers in a graphic manner. The humor in this one was rather different, because in the first it felt like lighter humor, but the humor in this one can be found offensive, and rather gross in some sense. There is ton's of profanity, but I don't understand what you guys are expecting in terms of language and violence with a name Kick Ass. There are some mild to crude sexual themes and references. A man drops a box of sex stuff and numerous of sexual items drop on the floor, as well as a sexual costume which later he makes adjustments to and makes a super villain outfit from it. There is discussion and some of which range from mild to Crude. There is a brief scene of nudity, but it was brief and the scene wasn't very sexual because they show two girls in a pool half naked and breasts are exposed for a couple of seconds and the scene changes. Extremely Mature 12, but 13 should be just right.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywillman72 August 20, 2013

good for kids 14+

this movie is about a bunch of kids bieng positive role models helping thier city of crime is that really a bad influence wouldnt this tell kids that crime doesnt pay its positive message is to stick up for yourself and others is that really not for kids sure its got language but when you are at highschool its basically swear central and its not like a forteen year old hasnt heard of sex before your son and daughters maybe already have had it and are we gonna blindfold the kids when a pdhpe lesson about breastfeeding comes on i dont think this is why i think its for 14+
Kid, 12 years old August 17, 2013

A Crude Movie for Any Age

This film has disappointed me compared to the first film. This film is also not appropriate for most people under the age of 16. The film does not give positive messages mostly for the reason of violence. I wouldn't recommend this movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byantoineisthebest August 21, 2013

csm come on

alright movie but here in canada the rating is 14a/13+. the movie is violent and not as good as the first one. the rating in canada makes a lot more sense than the rating in the usa. csm, most kids these day already started watching adult movies at ages between 12 and 13, most kids have seen movies like clockwork orange and the saw serie at ages between 13 and 15. CSM needs to come down on the age rating .. I understand why the movie is two stars (its not a great movie). The us has one of the most extreme rating on the film. CSM you should really change their rating system because you can't compare the saw serie (not for kids) to this (not for kids).
Kid, 10 years old August 20, 2013

AWESOME OF THE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this movie was frickin' awesome!!!!!. there was ALOT of blood,minor nudity and swearing for a superhero movie but guess what....I DONT CARE!!!!!!!! I LOVED THE MOVIE I THINK I ALWAYS WILL!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byjonny8887 May 8, 2015

Lol

H
Teen, 15 years old Written byirontap May 5, 2014

awesome

This movie is very high on violence and swearing so I probably won't be watching it again for a while but it has goodies role models and a great story.
Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2014

awesome movie

well there are swear words in super heroes/ villains like red mist is now called the mother f*cker and night b*tch more swearing in the movie and more blood and guts teens will like it very much
Teen, 15 years old Written byCerone August 17, 2013

Kick-Ass 2 is a solidly satisfying continuation to the first film, just go in with low expectations

It's a decent and INCREDIBLY entertaining enough continuation of the franchise, but it is no where near as good as the first. It is more of a straight up good versus evil tale, and it does fall under it's own irony and cliches at times as well, but Aaron Taylor-Johnson is still solid as Kick-Ass, Chloe Grace Mortetz is still fantastic as Hit Girl, Jim Carrey (not a big fan) is crazy good as Col. Stars and Stripes, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse gives an electric performance of a lifetime as The Mother F*****, that trainer he discussed in an interview must have really served him well. Fans of the comics and the first film should find some kind of appreciation for this graphically violent popcorn flick of a sequel, I read the comic first before seeing this, and I quite frankly found the comic doing it better. It is a coming age tale where no one is innocent after everyone's made a move in their new life of vigilantism. There is some pretty serious stuff in this film that shouldn't be taken humorously, aside from some of the usual foulmouthed humor, and over the top gross out gags. Overall, Kick-Ass 2 is one of the better blockbuster sequels to come out this year, and is definitely the Empire Strikes Back of the franchise.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybabydoll4444 November 25, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byXx that one bro Xx October 16, 2016
This movie lacks what the first one did which is originality some humour was funny but mostly just slashing which is good trust me but still no hilarious humour which the first one was good for. Any way the violence Is intense a hobos hand is sliced off people are stabbed through the stomach other guys are beated and with all types of weapons like baseball bats and long ninja knifes and shot Constancely through the head another guy get his d**k sliced off by hit girl the hot protagonist. And lots more any way not as good first one was better.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysomrani August 20, 2016

it was very good

it was very good for who want some action and stupid story :D
Teen, 14 years old Written byFrostyy August 18, 2016

Worst than the first one, in both ways!

Kick-Asd was a great movie filled with humor. Kick-Ass 2 shows the darker side of the Kick-Ass universe with more gore and sexual content.
Kid, 9 years old April 26, 2016

Extremely violent sequel is funny but not as good as the first.

My rating:R for strong violence throughout, disturbing and shocking images, language throughout, and strong sexuality.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxPunkRockx October 11, 2015

Don't dwell on minor details

Half of the reviews for this movie are ridiculous. In the main review, the author complains about sexual themes. What, so just because you see boobs for about five seconds in a scene and there's a thing going on between Kick *ss and Night B*tch, doesn't make it an ongoing theme in the movie. Both people are of legal consent age and you don't see anything anyway. Cursing is commonplace in this movie, but they're depicting your everyday teenagers. They can't exactly be saints. Hit-Girl is a good role model as well, she proves that all the best people are the ones who don't pretend to be someone they're not. She tries to fit in at school, and is hesitantly persuaded by her legal guardian to start hanging around with the popular girls. It doesn't work out, and she ends up being better off without them. The movie is violent, but if you're smart enough to know that it's wrong to do these things in real life, then you should be fine to watch the movie. It deserves the MA+15 rating it has in Australia, an R+18 rating is stupid.
Kid, 10 years old November 5, 2014

it is inappropriate for young children that don't know what they should not do

it does not show a lot of sex although it has a poll dancer some references and kick ass has sex with night bitch in a bathroom stall all you see is there costumes drop. they kill people. they swear a lot. but when i got home i liked the movie
Teen, 17 years old Written byJasonMovie August 22, 2014

more violent and not as good as the first

This like the first is intensely violent and has lots of strong language. One super-villain named himself the mother-fucker and another black hawk which is suppose to be extremely racist. Movie not for kids to violent and lots of strong language, and did i mention there is nudity. Honestly if you are interested in super hero movies and are 13 and 14 not 11 though watch the batman trilogy.