Want personalized picks that fit your family?
Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.
A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this movie.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about Kick-Ass 2's violence. Is it necessary to the story to show such extreme, over-the-top fighting? Does it help illustrate the movie's themes better or more clearly? Could the movie have been less violent and just as effective?
- What's interesting (or tragic) about the 15-year-old Hit Girl character? Is the idea of a skilled, confident teen girl superhero cool or disturbing? Or both? Why? Is she a role model or a cautionary tale?
- What is the movie trying to say, overall? Can anyone truly be a superhero? Does being a superhero require a costume?
- In theaters: August 16, 2013
- On DVD or streaming: December 17, 2013
- Cast: Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloe Grace Moretz, Jim Carrey
- Director: Jeff Wadlow
- Studio: Universal Studios
- Genre: Action/Adventure
- Topics: Superheroes
- Run time: 113 minutes
- MPAA rating: R
- MPAA explanation: strong violence, pervasive language, crude and sexual content, and brief nudity
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
For kids who love superheroes
Our editors recommend
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.