All teen and kid member reviews for Kick-Ass

Teen, 14 years old Written byHidden_light96 April 20, 2010

Kick-Ass is kick-ass.

Awesome movie! I find it disturbing to see an 11 year-old cussing, but hey, elementary kids cuss nowadays and it's not suprising (Not saying it's a good thing, it's greatly a bad thing.) anymore. Lots of violence and sexual jokes but I think it's alright for 16+. Anyone younger or "innocent and pure", STAY HOME.
Kid, 10 years old September 5, 2010

Common Sense Media is Too Harsh!

I Saw probably one of the most violent scenes in the movie where Hit Girl stabs tons of people, Cuts Off a Dude's Leg, then Stabs him in the back and I honestly have to say that the blood looks like red slime! It's Not gross or disturbing and makes the scenes kind of funny! The other worst scene is when a guy explodes in an oven... THAT'S IT!! I mean the blood in the incredible hulk looks real! But in a rated R movie the blood looks like Goo! Lol! :D Also the language is what's inappropriate but most kids know the F word and some know the C word like me. I think kids 11 and up could see this movie!
Teen, 16 years old Written byminaj August 5, 2010

cursing

good movie ... EXELLENT but in a very dark way
Teen, 15 years old Written byArabianHorses January 21, 2011

Um....love it!

I love this movie! Hit Girl is AMAZING! And hilarous! Watch this movie please!
Teen, 14 years old Written byslasher23 September 5, 2010
Kid, 12 years old June 9, 2013

BEST MOVIE EVER!!

seriously guys, its a great movie. my parents were a bi squirmish letting me watch this movie bu after it they loved it! if you dont like the swearing, go to school for a day, people say he f word casually! not because of kick ass, as only some of the kids have seen it. violence? dude, if you let your kid watch this and they will not become a murderer! dont be a helecopter parent! I know a 6 year old that LOVES this movie! she wouldnt hurt a fly! this movie teaches your children to stand up for themselves! this movie is amazing!
Teen, 17 years old Written bygingerkiss May 14, 2011

Kickass - The most over the top R18 rating in history!

I LOVED this movie! I'm 14 and at first my parents were a little squemish about letting me see a R18 movie but after they saw it they were as shocked as I was. Kickass has got to be one of the most awesomest movies ever and it has no reason why it should be R18. So what if an 11 year old girl is swearing? Man I swore like a sailor when I was that age! So what if she kills people? I know adults say tweens are at an impressionable age, but seeing Hitgirl kill people isn't going to send them on a murderous rampage. She even sends positive messages - That girls don't have to use their sexuality to be action heroes. Just like Ripeley in Alien she defies gender boundaries. Kickass also sends positive messages that you should stand up for what you believe in. My only reserve would be if your kids are sensitive to violence BUT don't just assume they are. Ask, and talk to your kids about the limit of violence they mind. Kickass there is alot of people getting shot and things, a bit like Hot Fuzz. (but less gorey) Nothing like Saw or gornographic movies. And the sex in this? I have seen WAY worse in family guy. I mean this is nothing compared to Family Guy and some Family Guy episodes have been only M. Overall the R18 rating on this film made me miss out on seeing one of the COOLEST films in the world. If you are scared about your kids seeing it - watch it first! And remember- Our generation is alot tougher than you think!
Teen, 14 years old Written byNeil13 March 30, 2011

Kick Ass kicks ass!

This movie was freakin awesome!
Teen, 13 years old Written byam1408 December 28, 2010
pretty cool ! it really is like a comic book ! they should call this movie bad ass because it is is!
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2010

awesome movie!!! best ever

extreme violence including.... a man has his finger cut off from a distance and you only see his back(he screams). a man is put in a giant microwave he explodes blood flys everywere. hit-girl who is 11 stabs a bunch of guys blood is only seen on one of them. a man is shot in the head with a sniper blood is seen(hard to see). kick-ass hits a group of guys with a pair of sticks(not very violent). corpses are seen with bullet holes and blood all over them. hit-girl shoots alot of people some with blood. hit-girl stabs a man with 2 butcher knives(no blood very brief). theres a fight scene between kick ass and red mist they both get hurt a little. hit-girl and frank d'amico also fight each other hit-girl is kicked and punched. frank d'amico is shot with a boozka he flys out of a tall building and blows up(no blood). kick ass and big daddy are tourched they are hit with baseball bats,baton etc. big daddy is lit on fire he dies. lots of language such as the f-word is said aroud 100 times 50 s-words and one c**k and one c**t. a great comdy 15+
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlueAngel01 June 27, 2010

perfect for older people but not kids under13

I personally LOVED the movie they really took it to the top this time it was awesome especially hit girl all though this movie isn't for people who are under the age of 13 it really isn't. Thats the lowest i will say
Teen, 16 years old Written bySynchronicity April 15, 2010

Sickening violence, just the way you like it, but people under 14 are out of the question

As a rabid fan of the comic, I was indeed excited to hear about a film adaptation of Kick-Ass. But, I thought no one would be able to emulate the sheer awesomeness of Hit Girl. Oh, but I was wrong. This morality tale/comedy/affectionate parody of superheroes is...there's that title. Yeah. Anyways, I wouldn't say No Kids, Common Sense. This film is rated R (17+, NOT 18+) in the US, but in other countries it's given a 15+ or 16+ rating. Personally, I'd be fine with a 15 or 16-year-old seeing this alone. But, I don't think that a little kid (under 13 or 14) should see this. Why? Because of a character that age. Hit Girl uses big guns and flick knives and has the mouth of a sailor. But, people who've read the comic know this already. Not to mention, there's also a lot of violence, but what do you expect? Also, there's some sexual content in the first few minutes. Masturbation is briefly implied, and there are a few sexually related comments, but nothing you wouldn't see or hear in an average Gossip Girl episode. Overall, parents need to just chill out. It's fine for teens.
Kid, 12 years old December 28, 2015

good movie . 13-14 upwards.

good comedy movie but it does have some bad moments including brutal scenes and very strong language . most parents will disagree with this movie because of the language and violence but it is only comedic . the story is about a teenager who wants to become a super hero , kickass. he then finds out that many others have become super heroes and he joins a daughter and father in a fighting duo. Rated 15 : strong language, once very strong and strong bloody comedic violence .
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSMclassification September 26, 2015

Very strong language, strong comic gory violence.

KICK-ASS is a US action comedy about an ordinary teen who becomes a 'superhero' to fight crime around the city, and teams up with other superheroes. It it classified 15 for very strong language and strong comic gory violence. Strong language (f**k) is frequently used. However, there is one use of very strong language (c**t), which is said aggresively to a group of men by a tweenage girl. There is also milder language. Violence is mostly carried out by Kick-Ass and Hit Girl (who is eleven years old). Despite it being frequent, strong and fairly graphic/gory, it is comical and intentionally 'over the top'. There are also some brief scenes of torture.
Teen, 14 years old Written byimoviegoteen August 20, 2015

This is no Fantastic Four!

Language throughout, said by 11 year olds. F words are constant. Sexual Innuendo's and sexual material is pretty constant. I did enjoy the movie. But try to record it on T.V. so they block out all that nonsense. If you watched it on T.V. Its okay for 15+ Otherwise 17+. Loved the movie
Teen, 17 years old Written byindiemovies August 7, 2015

Misunderstood and Misinterpreted Movie

This movies has seen a lot of flak from people for it's depiction of a child murdering drug kingpins and other people who happen to get in her way. What those people don't understand is that the whole movie is an original story, adapted from the comic book of the same name, and it answers questions we should've asked ourselves but never have, like why nobody does become a superhero, or why people turn such a blind eye to troubles that happen all around us. Behind the violence and the swearing, there is a deeper meaning to this film, and it takes a person who isn't immediately disgusted by how twisted it is to understand it. This is a great movie, with a couple cheesy moments and a couple scenes of bad acting from Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Chloe Grace Moretz, but you can't have a superhero movie without that. This movie is in no way for kids, due to the violence, swearing, and the perturbing fact that it's all done by a child. There is some graphic context about the main character being attracted to his teacher, and a couple of early scenes of off-screen masturbation. There is one scene near the middle where a couple can be seen dry humping using a piece of railing in an alleyway as well. No kids under 17, this movie is a hard R, but if you think you could get past the senseless violence and find the deeper meaning, it is definitely worth it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAudenC July 3, 2015

Kick-Ass

The movie has bloody violence; lots of F-Bombs and a C from an 11 year old plus some nudity and sex (clothed) and it can be really intense. But this movie is also brilliant and has numerous 'F YEAH!!!' moments. If your mature you'll be able to handle it; but if your touchy stay away!
Teen, 16 years old Written byj-dog123 June 11, 2015

Good Superhero Comedy.

This is a really good movie. It is not bad at all, and I think that all teens can see cause there is nothing bad in it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLuke54 May 25, 2015

Sooooo funny

Kick-ass is an once off thing with finding my self bursting with laughter at every moment of the movie. The movie could be glorifying violence in a way, because of the super heroes being total badasses while they kill people. I still love this movie its hilarious. It has a lot of swearing and even more extreme bloody violence and some sex references. Its dark comedy not for easily offended, but if your like me and like that kind of comedy then this is for you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshihab May 23, 2015

violent.but funny

This movie is really funny. It is only for mature kids. It has a very stronge language. Ps. How can this be "not for kids" if one of the mane characters is 13 years old when the movie was made???