Kid reviews for Kidnap

Children in peril in tense, gripping Halle Berry thriller.

Kid, 12 years old August 12, 2017

Kidnap - Movie Review

Halle Berry gave a decent performance, and while the characters don't have much development, it certainly is suspenseful. As for problems, the editing is horrible. I get why, I've read the trainwreck of a history this film has, but seriously, what did Aviron Films do, chop it together in iMovie?!?!!? 7/10 for me. As for what families may think, there's some violence here and there, but anything too intense, despite the MPAA rating the violence is very PG-13. There's some swearing, a little strong, but it is kept to a minimum and won't offend anyone. It's a little disturbing for the younger kids, may keep them up all night, but I'd say ages 11 and up can handle this. Halle Berry is also an excellent role model, because even when she's at the lowest of lows, she still fights (and sometimes breaks the law) just to save her son. Not the best role model now that I think about it, but still, quite good, especially for mothers.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCloe L. August 19, 2017

Its like taken... Not super bad

Your kids are fine... it's not actually disturbing as you think to most kids.
Kid, 12 years old April 15, 2018

It is thrilling but not scary at all

The movie had like 4 cussing in it but not anything bad it wasn’t scary at all but might be for parents or kids under 8 it isn’t that violent at all and the only thing that is violent is the gun scenes and the scene where the girl got hit with the car it isn’t inappropriate and doesn’t give a bad message the movie is played out very well but the only part where it gets boring Is at 57:00 the only moment when it gets scary or thrilling is when Halle goes in the house to find her son but nothing else is scary

Teen, 17 years old Written bychlochlo1112 March 1, 2018

AMAZING!

Everybody on hre is saying that it is unrealistic but as a parent this is what anybody and everybody wishes they could do for there child if they were in this situation. I think it was very well filmed very good actors. Of course there's gonna be some unrealistic aspects but its a thriller movie what do you expect, if she would have jsut sat in the police station and waited like every other parent then there wouldn't have been much of a story now would there have been?

Teen, 13 years old Written bymauia1432 October 13, 2017

One of the best movies i've seen

This movie is really good but you have to take into consideration that it has violence and a few bad words here and there(blood, a lot of crashes, choking,etc)and younger kids probably wont handle it, but its a really good movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAJ905 August 21, 2017

Surprisingly tame for an R-rated film

Don't get me wrong, this movie was not good, but it was at least entertaining. Now if you are a parent and you are reading this, trust me when I say do not let the R-rating intimidate you. This movie is WAY too tame to be rated R. The content is no worse than like PG-13 at most. There is only one F-word, and a little amount of blood. If you and your child are fine with that, probably go see this movie if you just want to be entertained by an absurd action film. If that's not what you're going for, probably just go see Spider-Man Homecoming or Logan Lucky instead.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMachinator March 24, 2018

Very good movie but a little violent.

Kidnap is a movie about a mother who's son has been kidnapped (obviously). I feel this movie should have been PG-13. There is little to no blood throughout the film. Yes, there are MANY deaths, but again, there is little or no blood, however, the film is pretty intense. The swearing isn't so bad either.

Teen, 13 years old Written by.person. December 30, 2017

Great!

i think as long as your child is at a mature age this is a good movie it teaches kids the dangers of strangers.