Kid reviews for Kill Bill: Vol. 2

Sequel just as over-the-top explicitly violent.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySir Snarrack June 27, 2019
how the fuck is this two stars? uses violence in a beautiful, cinematic way. i dont think it'll scar anyone over 13 and will probably make them appreciate movies in general.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAvicularia March 27, 2018

It's so cool and very well made !

It's really really cool ! The battle scenes are gore but if you are someone who is not sensitive, you'll really LOVE this movie. I actually recommend it when you had a bad day and that you want to kill everyone and let off your bad mood. Once you've started you can't stop yourself. You are trained by the action.

Kid, 12 years old August 18, 2016

Kill Bill Vol. 2 Review

Kill Bill Vol. 2 is filled with language (f--k, s--t, etc.) and violence as with any Quentin Tarantino film. The violence and blood is very over the top and unrealistic, just like the first film. Not very much sexual content, references, nothing that you'll have to skip over. It is a masterpiece of film, along with the first volume. If you let your kid watch the first one, he or she will be fine with this one.

Teen, 17 years old Written bytheshawshankred... March 15, 2016

Honestly one of my top 10 favorite movies.

First one was mediocre at best with over the top gore and violence. But this is a much more thought out less violent film. Still some violence and language. Mature 12 year olds and up.

Teen, 17 years old Written byKyle Winters July 14, 2014

Nell Minow clearly has some mental illness.

What's wrong with this Nell Minow person? This is a ridiculous review. "they should exercise the strongest possible caution in deciding whether this movie is appropriate for their families, even for those over 17. This movie is an outrageous and over the top story about people who kill other people for money and for pure enjoyment." Why are you taking this movie's story so serious? This is a FICTION! This "outrageous" story is ficticious, this people don't exist in real life. Why are you saying that parents should be careful even for those above 17? Are you suggesting that we teens are going to imitate this movie? Man, you're so DUMB! People don't kill because they see it on a film. They kill because they are born with tendence to kill or they have a life harsh enough to lead them to kill. I've watched this movie when I was 13 and I had no desire of killing people for pure enjoyment after. I can't imagine myself killing someone, I don't have the emotional conditions to watch one's slow and painful death. "It is extremely violent with graphic and exceptionally explicit fight scenes." Are you talking about the vol.1 or the vol.2??? Seriously! Nell Minow, you're really a great, great freak. Stop taking movies too serious. Your opinion can influence millions of parents, so you should be careful with the things you say. Honestly, CSM still dares to say they're improving children's lives. Yes, of course you are. Way to go, CSM!
Teen, 17 years old Written byMovieMaster January 18, 2018

I don't think the Common Sense Media reviewer got the movie.

Quality:
Originally Quentin Tarantino wanted Kill Bill to be one big 4 hour long movie but was told to make two movies instead. As a result, I treat Kill Bill Vol. 2 as the second half of Volume 1. For me I did not enjoy this half as much, it does not contain as much of the stunning cinematography of part 1 (although it is still very impressive). However it does succeed in extending the story of The Bride (Uma Thurman) in her quest for vengeance against her former trainer and lover Bill.

Content Guide:
Violence: 4/5
Much less violent than volume one, not only in quantity but also in amount of gore. A man is bitten by a black mamba and dies after writhing on the ground, a woman with an eyepatch also has her other eye plucked out.
Swearing: 5/5
Much like in the first half, there is a lot of swearing some use of the f and c words.

Kid, 11 years old September 17, 2011

less violent than first

Kill Bill vol.2 is less violent than the first one but the most gory part is when the bride pokes elle's eyeball out and squashes it

Teen, 17 years old Written byAnimeMetalhead April 19, 2021

SO GOOD!

Not as good as the first, however, still blew my mind.
Great film, high impact violence, and swearing. Definitely does not deserve an 18+ rating, as I believe other than the violence the film is fine. As long as your child can understand that the Violence is fake you have nothing to worry bout.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTommy Marie April 18, 2021

Very good, but Kill Bill 1 was better.

Teen, 17 years old Written byilhc April 5, 2021

7/10

Kid, 11 years old December 25, 2020

my personal favorite

kill bill 1 and 2 are my favorites. I mean they’re violent so if you’re sensitive don’t watch it. also has a lot of swearing which by the age of ten you kinda should be used to. but i think the kill bill’s should be 10+ because by then a lot of people are mature enough to watch it. I’m almost 12 and i watched this 1 month ago. 10/10 recommend this movie to 10+!!

Teen, 15 years old Written byDogcat December 18, 2020

Trash!

Teen, 13 years old Written byResto The linear March 14, 2020

Teen, 13 years old Written bythepes February 14, 2020

Teen, 17 years old Written byHydroPlaysXband... December 31, 2019

Sequel is not as over-the-top explicitly violent. Not quite as good either, still good, however.

Kill Bill vol. 2 is, well, the sequel to the first. You may think it would be MORE violent than the first, this is not the case though. I don't think it's quite as good either, but it is still a solid film. Still has violence, language, some sex.
Violence: A character is bitten on the face several times by a snake. A character gets her eye poked out, twice. A character is forced to train extremely hard, and she bloodies her knuckle, with surprisingly realistic skin tearing details. Very little hand to hand though, none of which is exceptionally gory, like the first. A character is shot around the breast and bleeds. A character is shot with a truth serum, and "shot" at.
Language: Atound 30 F bombs, uses of the S word and B word. And exceptional use of the D word (mn) and hell. One use of the C word. (unt)
Sex: a scene takes place at a strip club, no nudity, but some deep cleavage. Some risqué magazines, and references. (See IMDb parents guide for kill bill vol. 2 for details about everything here.)
Consumption: Very brief drug use, and some social drinking.
Extra: Reckless driving and torture, etc. Slim to none role models or messages.

Teen, 14 years old Written byanonshaalbprybg July 18, 2019

One scene with hard gore but not so violent overall

One scene shows a person getting an eye plucked out and squished under someone else's foot. Quite gory but the rest of the movie is tame.

Teen, 16 years old Written bycsm_overreacts June 10, 2019

Lots of violence and language that mature teens probably can handle

Kill Bill 2 is an awesome movie and a great sequel. This movie relies more on unraveling the mystery and its plot than mindless action (which is still enjoyable, don't get me wrong). There is less violence than Kill Bill 1, so if you've seen that the next one will be fine for you. A man is bitten by a snake, people sword fight, and a man dies after receiving the exploding heart punch (exploding heart not shown). The goriest part at least to me is when a one-eyed person's eye is ripped out. They have a gash on their face and run around screaming, while the eye is stepped on and squished in clear view. I didn't find this too disturbing because it's obviously fake but if you don't like that kind of stuff you might want to skip The Bride's and Elle's fight in the trailer. The language is strong, a lot of f-words and such, but cusses are just words and they're nothing a young teenager hasn't heard before. Sexuality is not a problem, only references and a euphemism for having sex. Overall, the big kicker in the movie is violence, and if you trust your child can handle it, then the rest of the movie isn't a problem.

Teen, 13 years old Written by_Allie_ August 30, 2018

great movie to take kids out to

a bit of gore but absolutely lovely movie, like a looootttt less gory then the first one and the first one wasn't even that gory, the only scenes I was kinda uncomfortable with was the scene with the girl getting buried alive
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheDoodleWiz August 30, 2018

loved it, but one miner problem ...

it was a very good movie, the gore was kept to a minimum, no sexual content other then just a little humor about it, although people really over react to the gore in this film when I could have honestly handled it at the age of 11, and I'm 14 so that gives you an idea of the age rating, oh yeah, and no nudity either so its a great movie to just take the kids to, as long as their like pre-teens or something, or really mature 10 year olds, and it does contain swearing ... oh yeah, and it does have one person being berried alive, but dont worry they lived ..... well MAYBE not to the end of the movie ....... maybe .......
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2018

who ever wrote the common sense media review obviously did not enjoy the movie, but i did.