All teen and kid member reviews for Knight and Day

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 6, 2011

i rate this title ON for ages 13+

What to watch out for * Messages: The movie's key theme seems to be that if you want to try something exciting, go ahead and try it -- without too much concern for consequences (even when death and killing is involved). And as June starts hearing different stories from different characters, she must learn to follow her heart and trust the right person. * Role models: Though June eventually finds her footing and her strength, she's very passive for large portions of the story. Roy shoots and kills several bad guys over the course of the movie with no consequences or remorse -- but he's clearly meant to be a good guy who has the best intentions and a positive outlook. * Violence: The movie is filled with action violence (much of it played for humor) -- including guns, hand-to-hand combat, and lots of other fighting -- but has little gore or blood. The body count is fairly high, but the impact/consequence of that fact is contrasted by the film's overall light tone. The hero is shot, and viewers see his bloody (but minor) wound. There are also drug-tipped needle darts, several explosions, car chases, motorcycle chases, and bull chases. Sex: The two main characters are clearly attracted to each other, and there's plenty of flirting and a few major kissing scenes. In an early scene, June preps herself in the bathroom, hoping for some kind of connection with Roy when she emerges. In another scene, the couple rolls around on the beach. In a late scene, June (while under the influence of a truth drug) says, "I'd like to have sex with you. I bet we'd have great sex." Roy changes June into a bikini while she's drugged, which angers her (even though he says he didn't look). Language: Language includes a few uses of "s--t," one "f--k," and terms like "h--l" and "oh my God." * Consumerism: A Bud Light ad is visible on the side of a building for a few seconds. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: During a tense plane ride in the first section of the movie, June drinks a lot of tequila to calm her nerves; the scene is played for comic effect. Roy also takes a drink. The agents are also always slipping various drugs to each other; June gets a "knockout" drug twice and a truth serum once.
Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2012

Tommy good

Proper Tom film, really good, quite funny, and lots of action there are scenes where characters are shot in head and blood but nothing major also lots of uses of sh** and one of fu**.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancegirl3697 February 4, 2012

AWESOME!!!!!

Looooove this movie!!!!! Its great! The wonderful Tom Cruise and funny Cameron Diaz are in a crazy action filled adventure. There are some cuss words, and lots of action, and very funny! I. LOVE. IT.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMktheReviewer August 5, 2010

The movie stays by its PG-13 rating.

This is a really FUNNY , action packed movie! There is a lot of action violence but nothing too serious. There is an attempted stab w/ a knife assasination but very little blood is shown. I thought the sex in this movie was OK for a PG-13 movie. There is a scene where Roy, the spy, says t "I 've ben trained to dismantle a bomb in the dark, you dont think I can dress you without....looking. Im not saying that's what I did though". And then in another scene, June, the woman, says "I think we'd have really good sex. But really I think it's age appropriate for the PG-13 rating. GOOD, FUNNY MOVIE!
Kid, 12 years old August 5, 2014

Action/romance flick has a little bit for everyone.

This movie was a surprisingly entertaining film. The violence is extensive. It includes multiple prolonged gun battles and explosions. Despite the high body count, there is no blood or gore. The movie is very cartoonish, and therefore suitable for younger audiences. There is some sexual tension between characters. As well as some innuendos that don't waste any screen time or would provide a reason to skip scenes. This movie has a little bit for everyone, from its awesome action sequences to its romance, to its comes y. This has to be Tom Cruise's best work since "Mission Impossible" or "Minority Report." Overall, this is an awesome film, that can be enjoyed by the whole family!
Kid, 12 years old May 3, 2014

Perfectly Fine

I saw this film at the age of eight and I loved it! I think it has an awesome theme, and it is on for everyone 8+
Teen, 15 years old Written byEmpfire October 17, 2012

Awesome

VIOLENCE: Very intense and sometimes may just bairly go over the PG-13 level. Violence can be funny although it's still intense. SEX: Some comments and mild sexual possibilties
Teen, 14 years old Written bymylibrarycardworeout August 10, 2011

Lots of Laughing!

This is a great movie for a family with older kids. It is funny and it keeps you laughing. Yes people get killed but there is no blood. What do you expect in a spy movie? Someone of course has to get killed. This is a must watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 6, 2011

These crazy characters just find it fun to laugh at violence, it seems. A slightly dumb action-comedy.

My rating: PG-13 for nonstop action, language, violence and some drug content.
Kid, 12 years old April 10, 2011

good movie but really unrealistic

i liked this movie but its really far fetched. its way too unrealistic.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDerrickRose1 April 1, 2011
It was really good. I thought the ending was very comical and exciting.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTotally500 March 13, 2011

A pretty good action film

This is pretty much a good action movie. I cant explain it but it is very good
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011
i luv tom cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 14, 2011
Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of action violence, sensuality, and brief strong language.
Kid, 12 years old February 9, 2011

good movie

good movie
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2011

Silly and fun

Pretty silly, but good. A man is shot in the head and other people shot in other places. Pretty bloody action, but nothing too bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPYEsinc January 2, 2011

Violent, and funny at times.

This film is very violent (and much of the humor is created from violence). Also, there is some foul language here and there, and Tom cruise's character drugs Cameron diaz's character at least three times. As I watched it, I often was thinking "what a weird movie!"