Kid reviews for Knives Out

Expert, effortlessly entertaining all-star mystery-comedy.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Sux November 29, 2019

Disappointing.

Not really worth the time; very long movie with endless attempts at humor, all of which failed to impress.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJust a movie lover November 28, 2019

Well executed

Well directed, very well acted, and an interesting plot. Over all, a very charming movie.

Minor spoilers incoming. Drug use is a notable part of the plot, and the victim's body can be seen twice with blood surrounding him. The "final reveal" may upset younger children, but a great film none the less.

Teen, 17 years old Written byAlOpedia December 1, 2019

Good Mystery

Knives Out is a mystery film in which several characters of a family are accused of murdering the grandfather after his birthday party. The victims body is shown twice, with a slit throat and blood pools around him. Other than that, violence is at a minimum. As far as language goes, the F word is used once (non-sexually) Sh-t is used frequently, as well as other mild language. One family member is depicted as an adulterer. Couples kiss briefly. One reference to masturbation. One character uses non-per scripted drugs to help him sleep. Great movie overall, is a must see!

Teen, 13 years old Written bypennywiseishere December 6, 2019

NEED TO WATCH!!!

This is a great movie! Really entertaining, this movie is a attention grabber. Really recommended watching. There is a lot of swearing. But age 12 and up is the perfect age for this

Kid, 12 years old December 5, 2019

The comedy part was missing, but the thriller was definitely there

I went to this movie expecting to laugh the whole time, but boy was I wrong. This is definitely a thriller, and as there were very good parts, there were also some bad ones too. Expect lots of violence like slit throats, blood, some attempted stabbing, and death. There was also a lot of drug use and talk, like morphine overdose, weed smoking, and drugs that are injected. Swearing is pretty common as well, with a few uses of f***, shit, damn, hell, bitch, and a--hole. There is no sex, but there is a joke about a kid masturbating in the bathroom. Overall it was a good action thriller, but if I had kids I wouldn't take them to this movie.

Teen, 17 years old Written byKaylee321 November 30, 2019

A very well-put together murder mystery movie!

I saw this movie today with my nana and her boyfriend and I thought the movie was pretty good for a murder mystery. But beware, there are tons of swears, and there is a reference to masterbating (someone accused the suspect of "masterbating in the bathroom". There is some blood but not a lot. I would recommend this movie to teens 12+.

Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2019

It is a brilliant film

This is a brilliant film and many will like. There are a few scenes that may upset younger audiences but overall it is a brilliant film

Teen, 14 years old Written bysafcr7 November 30, 2019

Suspenseful mystery with good humour and mind-blowing twists

it's a really good film and a must-see for fans of the mystery genre. it's also pretty funny and has a great cast but some of the humour is inappropriate for young kids and there is a fair amount of language for a PG 13 film

Kid, 11 years old November 29, 2019

Clever spin on a spin on a spin on the murder mystery genre

This film, despite its violence, has some great messages. The only thing I didn’t like was Daniel Craig’s Benoit Blanc’s accent because it was distracting and I didn’t like the pacing at the beginning of the movie. Other than that, it was a clever film with great acting and a great plot.

Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2019

Great movie!

I would give it a 11+ only because I’m eleven and parents/myself is ok with it. This movie is fine if you do not mind 2-3 minutes of gore (excluding dried blood, etc). Drug use is very heavy in this movie so... keep that in mind. There is constant cursing. Only maybe a minute in total of sexual references (about masturbation) but if you have taught your child about abusing drugs, how cursing is bad, about sex Ed, and if you are ok with them seeing/hearing all of these things, this is a good movie. Plot is great, might be confusing for younger (9-) children since there are lots of quick twists/“big words” but overall this is a great movie for a laugh and a good mystery. It has a good message about how compassion is admirable and how there is a great role model!

Teen, 13 years old Written byDoggie mom November 29, 2019

A really good movie!

I think that this is a really good movie and that it does have some language and drama. This movie has a very good plot and a lot of humor it is a good movie for a family with teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTherealdirtydan November 29, 2019

Suspenseful and funny with a great cast

Teen, 15 years old Written byEpsilonCanisMajoris November 28, 2019

An amazing movie with some elements not appropriate for younger ages.

The movie was one of the best I have ever seen. It was filled with unexpected twists and surprises. Definitely a favorite. However some content is probably not appropriate for younger ages ( depending on the maturity of the child). It contained a lot of swearing, mostly the a word and the s word. The f word was mentioned twice. In regards to inappropriate content, there were a few references, specifically to masturbation. However this only takes up a few minutes and there are no inappropriate visuals displayed.There was a scary scene, that had a toned down jump scare, which may disturb some children. The good things about the movie however are numerous. The main character chooses kindness over greed, and does her best to do what is right. The movie teaches the importance of independence and honesty. I really enjoyed this movie! One of the best, just keep in mind that some content may not be okay for younger viewers. A good opportunity to discuss morals.

Teen, 16 years old Written bygood guy with g... November 27, 2019

really good movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byConkltay1 November 26, 2019

Spectacular Movie!

I went to this movie thinking it was going to be a meh just like the orient express one, but I was amazingly surprised at how good the actors are in this movie and how the movie starts a slower pace but goes faster and there is very little blood shown so almost no violence there are 2 f bombs and a few other cuss words and there is a small masturbation reference, but that is it, so I think this movie is ok for 12+ and it totally worth seeing.