All teen and kid member reviews for Kung Fu Hustle

Teen, 14 years old Written byGamer April 9, 2008

Kung Fu Hustle is a great movie.

First of all, I have no idea how this got the R rating. There's a little bit of gore and one guy says the F word once. This has the stuff that you'd find in a typical PG-13 movie. It's a great movie, with a lot of laughs and action. You should see it if you can; it makes fun of the over-used kung-fu plots out there, but it stays true to the genre and offers plenty of hard-hitting action. If you consider your 12 year old in the least bit mature, let him see it. He'll thank you. -Mr. Critic, 12 years old.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

FUN FUN FUN!

Its a really fun movie. Does not deserve an "R" rating.
Teen, 15 years old Written byluvv April 22, 2010

Grrrrrrrrr8!

love it, its g8 thats all i can say, i dont care what types of movies your into you'll love this and you've got to see it!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoovee April 9, 2008

so hilarious...

The movie is so funny stacked with bunch of actions. I would say this is the best foreign movie I've seen this year.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBritneyBritney August 7, 2012

Funny movie!

Funny movie!!! It's definitely unlike any movie I've ever seen, so if your looking for something different, this is your movie! The violence is relevant,but cartoonish and unrealistic. Love it!
Kid, 11 years old January 17, 2013

Strong violence, but not to be R rated

This movie was rated R for "Scenes of strong stylized violence." The violence in this movie is cut up into short scenes and is supposed to look fake, so the violence is only at a high PG-13 level. THe opening scene is the only scene with extremely strong violence, so if your kids can make it past that, this movie shouldn't be that bad. -From, Eithan, age 11
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2010
This is a fine movie, the worst thing about it is that it says f--k once. the old lady uses some filthy language too. the sexual content is borderlined, only because one of the characters has his pants pulled halfway down (only for humor though). still, most movies have the F-word in them. fine for kids who don't repeat bad language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimi April 9, 2008

Ha ha ha

Really funny if you make it through the brutal bloody beggining it goes up hill if you like this see Shaolin Soccer.
Teen, 17 years old Written byEmperorBob April 9, 2008

Fantastically hilarious movie, perfect for those over 13.

Kung Fu Hustle is a hilarious movie. It borrows many things from other Kung Fu films an adds a sprinkle of Looney Toons over the mix. It has plenty of laughs, but lots of cartoonish violence. Only one scene I found to be a little nasty, involving a decapitation (seen mostly in silhouette). There is no actual sex, but I spotted some rather tame innuendo. And a barber never pulls up his pants all the way, exposing the top of his butt, which can be seen several times. The language had at least one f-word (in subtitles), several s-words, and frequent uses of the word a**. But I didn't think that the film deserved an R-rating, since the violence is extremely cartoonish and funny.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

Hilarious!

Don't think this deserved an "R" rating. Not much swearing, a few suggestive comments, and a fair amount of hilarious action. Not much gore at all either.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLaughing Squid April 9, 2008

Absolutely undeserving of the R rating

When I was ten, I went to Blockbuster and rented it. My parents were a little apprehensive due to the fact that it was rated R, but after watching it once with my 8-year-old siter (who probably hadn't seen anything rated PG13), we were pleasently surprised. It's an absolutely hilarious movie that doesn't deserve the rating it was given. Honestly, if they took out the one use of f*** and the shooting at the beginning, I believe the movie would be an appropriate PG or if not, it would atleast fit WELL within the PG13 guidelines. I am absolutely baffled as to why it was rated R.
Teen, 13 years old Written byXtreme101 October 16, 2015

Kung Fu Film Is Okay, But There Are Multiple Alternatives.

This movie is really freaking weird. Right before seeing this movie, I did some research, and apparantly it was nominated for 16 and won 6 Hong Kong Film Awards including Best Picture. That's like the Oscars in Hong Kong! So I went in hoping for an exciting action movie that maybe (maybe) had deeper meanings. I mean, how else would it win 6 "Oscars?" Yeah, I was wrong. Kung Fu Hustle does not have deeper meaning, nor is very exciting. Let's get the bad over with. I felt that this was unnecessarily bloody and vulgar when the whole surreal special effects (which I will get to later) make it seem like it's for little kids. Second, I hated the main character. I thought he would be a flawed hero, but he's really just a flawed a--hole that's tough to be around for the majority of the movie. And finally, the special effects. I realize that it's Hong Kong (or somewhere else, I honestly don't remember) and they don't have that high of a budget for computer effects, but wow are they awful. They would be funny if they were real looking, but they're just creepy. I would also accept it if they glossed over that fact and did mostly practical stunts, but the entire movie is drenched in the stuff. Two scenes in particular, one where the main character challenges villagers to a fight and they all have surprising things is the best way I can describe it(example: Old man is really buff, tall guy is just kneeling, etc.) and another where the main character has swollen lips. Yeah, it's terrible. (Edit: They also pull a Fant4stic and introduce the villain with, like, fifteen minutes to go.)The good is, there are some genuinely funny moments in Kung Fu Hustle. Mostly when the CGI dosen't get in the way, it gets pretty good and even hilarious at times. Second, are the fight scenes. Although most aren't outstanding, they are all great. Especially a battle involving a deadly instrument, and a brief sparring scene between three masters. As for inappropriate stuff, there are some unnecessary "F" words and bloody scenes. But otherwise, it's fine. I still think that Kung Fu Hustle is a good movie, I just don't think it's good for a Best Picture winner.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic December 22, 2012

Kung Fu Hustle Review

Brilliantly choreographed and shot, Kung Fu Hustle is often grisly, visually spectacular and unabashedly silly, sometimes all at once. It's guaranteed to deliver innovative eye candy and smart fun-per-second and that one-two punch ought to knock you off your seat.
Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2012

kung fu hussle

the land lady smokes and the gang lord smokes there is lots of violence and the men love the girls
Kid, 11 years old June 11, 2013

Kung Fu Hustle rating

Great movie I love it! No need for the 'R' rating in my tastes it would be a PG-13.....Anyway this movie does have lots of violence, the bit at the beginning is probably the worst. it does have words such as f**k and sh*t but its not bad it does have SPECTACULAR fight scenes. There is a bit with lots of blood when there is a piano man does something with his piano that injures the main dudes. P.S. it can't be that bad to deserve the 'R' rating I watched it when I was 9-10 LOL! descargar musica gratis mp3 descargar musica gratis
Teen, 16 years old Written bySexysnoop16 April 26, 2010
Teen, 15 years old Written bypeanutbuttergurl6 April 23, 2010

Hillarious martial arts comedy!

The movie is funny, that's all i can say. The violence should be an issue considering it is kung fu. Not much brutal and gruesome beatings, more cartoonish. It's all for laughs. Cursing not much of an issue either. I'd reccomend teens watching the movie though I saw it when I was 9
Teen, 16 years old Written byluke3854 March 13, 2010
Great movie to watch. The main concern is violence and even then not a whole lot of blood
Kid, 10 years old March 2, 2010