Kid reviews for Kung Fu Panda

Appealing kid-friendly comedy; some scary scenes.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 16, 2011

jack black you are awesome

The good stuff * Messages: Po discovers that there's no secret ingredient to greatness -- you just have to be yourself. This positive theme resonates throughout the film. Po also has a good attitude in general, taking the Furious Five's initial chilliness in stride and ultimately giving his all to his training. The issue of eating as a coping mechanism is raised (Po has to unlearn that habit). Bad guy Tai Lung is a total bully -- but flashbacks soften his character slightly. What to watch out for * Violence & scariness: Not surprisingly, there's lots of martial arts action -- expect tons of high-flying clashes that include punches, kicks, falls, and more. That said, the fights are generally more thrilling than frightening, though they could upset kids 5 and under -- particularly the sequence in which villain Tai Lung breaks out of a maximum security prison. * Sexy stuff: Not an issue. * Language: Fairly clean, though the word "suck" is used prominently, and insults are hurled at Po by nearly everyone. Consumerism: Lots of mentions of the fictional martial arts movies that the Furious Five and other kung fu masters were in. The movie also has many promotional tie-ins. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Not an issue.

Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 May 16, 2011

Action-packed flick for kids

This was a good movie. Not as good as Shrek, but good. There is some violence, which is expected, but there isn't that much; just some cartoonish style violence. This is probably okay for younger kids 6+

Kid, 7 years old May 1, 2011
First I hate it then I love it.

Educational Value
Kid, 9 years old August 11, 2014

good movie little violence

this is a great movie but a little violence when Po(Jack Black) gets into a fight with a leopard and Po learns that he just has to be himself

Kid, 12 years old August 5, 2011

Love this movie!

I can watch this over and over and over! Jack Black is SOOOOOOOO hilarious! I recommend this movie for EVERYONE!!! =D
Teen, 13 years old Written bychippy mol July 26, 2013

it is good to find out new new things in our life

superb for kids

Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 June 6, 2013

Awesome.

I love Kung Fu Panda. It is really funny and I looooove the action.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebo344 February 7, 2016

Awesome.

Kung Fu Panda is an awesome movie filled with humour and action. Grade: A.

Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 February 21, 2012

awesomeness

I love this movie one of my favorites

Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviemagic November 15, 2012

movielover

i think this movie really rocks and its kinda fun and entertaining as well. I don't mind violence because i am great fan of martial arts.The characters are very very good especially (Po).

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 July 14, 2011

Better than #2--as usual. (I saw the second one first.)

My rating: PG for frequent kung fu action and some violence.

Educational Value
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana April 8, 2011
i like this movie! its kinda funny.

Teen, 16 years old Written byLucas Couldron May 27, 2012

Awesome!

Woah,this movie was SO action packed! There were a lot of funny moments! The sequel is better yet!
Teen, 15 years old Written byChloe Lynn treska March 25, 2017

Ok for a 7+

I love Kung fu panda because I'm from China and I love China
Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2015

Funny!

I remembered the time when I was 4 when this first came out in theaters. I enjoyed it a lot because of all the humor in the movie. Now that I am older, I enjoyed this even more and I can understand the story more. It actually has a good story. The role models here seems positive (except for Tai Lung). The violence never reaches PG-13 violence. No sex. No swearing. Some off-screen consumerism. No drugs/drinking/smoking at all. I recommend this to 4+

Kid, 12 years old October 4, 2012

Good movie

Good movie i laugh every time i see it. I have seen it so much that i can recite along with the characters

Teen, 14 years old Written byThecoyote July 9, 2011

Jack Black is kung fu fighting!!!

an epic yet very funny Jack Black film. He and Dustin Hoffman were a great team. I also liked David Cross as Crane. The film has quite a bit of martial arts violence (that's not scary).

Teen, 16 years old Written byDrCool June 4, 2012

KUNG FU PANDA RULES!!!

This movie is really funny and action packed.The sequel is even better yet!
Kid, 10 years old June 26, 2011

great for kids.

I loved this movie. good for young kids. If you are a kung fu fan then this is the movie for you.

Kid, 7 years old February 22, 2010

Fine for the young

Nothing wrong but lots of slapstick violence. But young learners lean no matter how fat you are you can make your'e dreams come true.