All teen and kid member reviews for La Vie en Rose

Change: Rated R: Violence, Sexuality, Language, and Very Strong Drug Use
Teen, 14 years old Written bysurbhi April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bylavieenviolet April 29, 2016

Highlight of french class

Watching this in my french class left me crying for Edith Piaf and forever blessed me with some amazing music. There is heavy drug and alcohol use but it is still quite the amazing film. This movie is a real tear jerker that with not disappoint.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmilyB123 August 6, 2010
This movie was...okay. It depicts addiction to drugs and alcohol. A couple have sex under the covers and you can see the sheets rustling quickly. There is also a brief instant where a prostitute's bare breasts are shown.
Teen, 15 years old Written byastist7 July 7, 2009

I'm surprised this wasn't rated R.

In the review above, it was not mentioned that at one point, a prostitute walks through the halls topless (breasts are seen). Anyway, I'm not really sure I liked this movie - I had difficulty setting the events in order as they were so skewed all over the place. One thing I am sure about - Marion Cotillard was incredible.
Teen, 17 years old Written bylabourforblair April 9, 2008

Mesmorizing

This was such a great bio-pic! I enjoyed watching every single second of it! Instead of it being a boring drawn out look at Edith Piaf's life, it was a gripping and powerful look at the star. Marion Cartillard definitely embodied the spirit and soul of Edith and is more than deserving of the Best Actress Oscar. She expertly plays off her struggling teenage years, her morhpine addiction, and brilliantly lips to the great music of Piaf.
Teen, 14 years old Written bythecatempire April 9, 2008

beautiful but haunting

I love Edith Piaf's music and the movie was beautiful but very sad.