Kid reviews for Last Action Hero

Arnold spoofs action movies, adds more violence.

Kid, 11 years old April 18, 2021

One Of My Favorite Movies With Arnold

This movie is awesome. great movie for tweens. there is a lot of violence. language.

Teen, 16 years old Written byilhc November 7, 2020

No Great Accomplishment, But...

I've no profound thing to say about this film, just that I liked it a bit more than I thought I would. I'm not a big Arnold fan. Basically, I liked seeing the characters exit the movie-within-the-movie and intermingle with the real world, including the actors who portrayed them. Oh, by the way, the funniest thing in the movie: Real-life actor - and I do use the term very loosely - Schwarzenegger is incorrectly identified (by his escaped film character, as I recall) as "Braunschweiger" (imagine it with the accent). No, one funny line doesn't make a movie worth seeing, but I'm sure I'm just not remembering everything worth mentioning about this movie. There you have it.

Teen, 17 years old Written byDiscordzrocks August 3, 2015

Fun Arnold swarchnegger spoof

This film is awesome from the animated cat to the terminator 2 poster
But can get violent and a bit sexual

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn February 19, 2012

A memorable mess. Older tween's+ only

The Last Action Hero is still considered to be a massive box office disappointment, all these years later. Released in the summer of 1993 and surrounded by intense media buzz, marketing and promises to be the summer movie ticket of 1993, but instead, Jurassic Park cleaned house and torn it to shreds, leaving The last Action Hero almost completely forgotten and left in the dust, a mere month later. Now, there is still some real talent in this movie, with directing from john Mctiernan (Predator, Die Hard, The Hunt for Red October), and of course featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger, but if that wasn't enough, it featured and absolutely star-studded list of cameos from the biggest actors at the time, including Robert Patrick, Sharon Stone, F. Murray Abraham and even a voice job done by Danny DeVito. Now, the story itself is actually rather imaginative and all, with a action movie obsessed boy being sucked into the world of action movies, and tagging along with Arnold Schwarzenegger, but underneath all of that is just some sub-par action sequences, obnoxious acting by the kid actor, awful cinematography a script that never ever even came close to sustaining the films spectacularly overlong 130 minute running time. Oh well. So, this movie is Rated PG-13, and as such, the content is fairly run-of-the-mill and about as average as you would expect it to be There is frequent action violence with many killings, shootings and explosions.. Also, there is frequent crude humor and innuendo, with a few jokes about premature ejaculation, several show girls running around in thongs and an attractive female character wearing extremely tight fitting outfits. Also, there is frequent cigar smoking and even a few references to cocaine, drug dealers and crack houses. And, finally, there is frequent but fairly average profanity, with a few uses of h-ll, sh-t, g-dd-mn,d-mn, a--h-le and a--. So, while i know that this movie has become some sort of a cult classic over the year, that is perfectly fine, and all the best to the fans, but for me, I prefer True Lies vastly over this.

Kid, 12 years old April 17, 2011

The perfect action flick that is bound to entertain people aged 9 and up

Awesome Schwarzenegger movie with lots of violence. Everything from shooting, to stabbing, to blowing people up is all included. There's also a prostitute in one scene that offers herself. Curse words like the f word are included. People smoke and talk about drugs at points. The movie advertises Coca Cola, Texaco, Planet Hollywood, Sylvester Stallone, E.T and even references to movies including Nightmare on Elm Street and King Kong.