Kid reviews for Last Christmas

Musically inspired romcom has big heart; language, innuendo.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybookworm3284 November 12, 2019

Easily lovable Christmas Film will put you in the spirit.

This was such a fun Christmas Flick, destined to be a classic, but like always, the critics are always looking for a deeper meaning, and something that normal audiences can't understand, that make the critics look smart. But this was such a fun and cheerful (and also emotional) Christmas film, that had so many laugh out loud moments. The sad thing is that I predicted the twist when the first trailer for this movie came out. By the title, and the whole getting sick thing, and him coming and going as he pleased, it is pretty obvious if you really think about it, but for some viewers the twist came out of nowhere. So I will not spoil anything, but even though I knew the twist, I still loved the movie, and I was sad when it ended. I didn't want it to end because it was so cheerful and happy and so holly jolly. So holly jolly that I went home and decorated my room for Christmas.

As for content, CSM left some out (in all categories)....
-The main character, Kate, talks about her very sexually active life
-In the opening scene, she ends up naked in a bed with a man, who has a girlfriend, as we find out when his girlfriend opens the shower curtain to find Kate showering (who are both naked, but nothing sensitive is shown), and she asks "did you shag my boyfriend" and she says "yes".
- Kate is also a heavy day drinker
-A couple days after meeting Tom, Kate tells him everything about her being sick, and the asks him right after if they can get into bed (which they proceed to do until Tom tucks Kate in and says that they barely know each other)
-A character is hit by a bus (seen in flashes, but it comes out of nowhere and is pretty startling)
-We see Kate get her chest cut open, and she bleeds out before the camera cuts out
-Kate reveals a scar she has in between her breasts, and Tom traces it with his finger
-Kate calls out that her sister has a girlfriend in front of their parents (who are shocked at the fact and then they come around to it, becoming a fan of her girlfriend)
-Kates family have a conversation about a Yugoslavian phrase and the correct translation which talks about the male body party and they say d**k and penis about 10 times.

But if you have no problem with you/your child seeing this, then I highly recommend it. Perfect for a great date night, girls night out, or teenager hangout movie. It has great messages and uplifting lessons.

Teen, 17 years old Written byskaterthegater November 13, 2019

Teen, 14 years old Written byHi_Ya November 11, 2019

This movie is NOT a romantic comedy!!!!!!

From the trailers, you assume that Last Christmas is a hysterical, romantic comedy that will put you in the Christmas spirit. Sadly, that’s incorrect. Last Christmas is NOT a romantic comedy!!! Even though there are some funny moments, the ending is extremely sad and depressing. While it is a good movie, be careful who you go see Last Christmas with, it might make them upset.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymatthewm_06 October 29, 2019

Last Christmas Review

Really good movie! It was funny, sweet, and charming. I can’t wait to see what Paul Feig directs next! This is a really good song