All teen and kid member reviews for Lawrence of Arabia

Teen, 13 years old Written byFilmFanJ June 9, 2012

Lawrence of Arabia Review

Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 9, 2012

Truly one of cinema's grandest pictures

The fact that this is a legendary movie doesn't make it that much easier to get through (four hours is too long to sit in for anything) but it does make it better to appreciate its stature. I had the good fortune to catch a screening of it in theaters, and this really is the only way to view it. The majestic desert scenes beg to be seen on the big screen, and O'Toole and his piercing eyes are even better viewed in a dark theater. I'd advise kids to wait til they're older to watch it. They may not still get all the war references, but they'll understand the film's literal awesomeness better than a pre-teen would.
Teen, 13 years old Written byedshu33 September 11, 2011

One of the Best Films Ever Made

The moral depth of the story is exceptional, especially for 1962. The film is well-directed, the dialogue is powerful and meaningful, and the storyline progresses in a way which is exciting, but also give the viewer time to comprehend what occurs. Of course there's violence, given that it's a war movie, but it's nothing compared with certain movies which are aimed specifically at children that are emerging from the depths of low culture today [two words: Transformers Three]. And by no means is the violence gratuitous- it is only present when it serves a fundamental purpose to the sotryline. There is one somewhat disturbing scene where a young adolescent dies in quicksand, but it's only a couple seconds long. While Lawrence displays certain questionable traits such as sadomasochism, he is ashamed of this and works hard to improve himself, thus I think he is an appropriate role model, as well as a genius. There is some smoking, but Lawrence never smokes in the movie because T.E. Lawrence saw drinking and smoking as bad for his health.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywho3697cares November 8, 2009
I don't think anyone will learn why this is so good. It just... IS.
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009

Appropriate for teens.

It is the most boring flick I have ever seen, but I must admit, it is a pretty good classic.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008

A little long, but still a good movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written byAdam K May 28, 2012

The Greatest Film Ever Made

Simple as. We all have our personal favourites, but this is mine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy23 June 14, 2011

Lawrence of Arabia is a David Lean masterpiece.

Lawrence of Arabia was the film that put Peter O' Toole on the map. Directed by David Lean, one of the best directors of the 40's - 60's and brought to life by a 15 million dollar budget, Lawrence of Arabia is one of the finest epics ever made. A fine performance from O' Toole in his first leading role also helps. Note to parents: The film is a blockbuster Best Picture winner that most everybody should see, but the movie goes on for nearly 4 hours and requires patience, which only mature teens have.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhayal12 July 24, 2016

Excessively long run time may put under-13s off

This is hailed as one of the greatest and most important films ever made, and with good reason - the photography was - and still is - regarded as revolutionary, and the general aesthetic of the film, and the craftsmanship of those who worked on it, are things to be admired, as well as the depth of Peter O'Toole's career-defining performance. The film features complex characters who some may find hard to understand, and there are some intense scenes but nothing no 10-year-old shouldn't be able to handle. Although the film is generally very good, my overarching issue with it is the length; many young people may find the 225+ minute run time tedious and distracting and could lead them to under-appreciate the film itself, so it may be best to view it in chunks, rather than in a whole sitting.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytoaadrian55 June 5, 2016

Brilliant.

Lawrence of Arabia is best appreciated by those with an eye for technical film achievement. Even if you can't understand what's going on, it's a fascinating spectacle to behold. It's hard to pinpoint what exactly makes LoA so good, but it certainly is one of the most intriguing I've ever seen. There is violence, swearing, etc.

FIVE STAR!

I lovvvvvvved this movie! It's got war, it's got adventure. It's got comedy, it's got drama! It's a miscellaneous genre, but if you're like me, you'll love it!