Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 8 kid reviews

Sort by:

Shows the true story

This movie is amazing, and tells the true story of a teacher who was fired at his school, but when he came back 20 years later as the principal, he finds the school in total ruins. This principal makes it his goal to bring up the kids test scores so that the school board doesn't take over the school.

Awesome movie!

Strong profanity. G-d-mn and b--ch are the strongest terms. Also, there is drug and sexual refrences. Me and my family have a DVD Player called Clearplay that takes out nudity, profanity, and other innapropriate scenes and words. It allows me and my family to enjoy movies more without the nudity and profanity and other things. I srtongly recommend it to those who hate profanity useage and other innapropriate terms and movies.

Sometimes inappropriate but peaceful too.

Sniff. This is the most wonderful movie I've ever seen. Sniff. Sniff. Espeacially the song by Bill Withers. I wan't to cry.

inspiring but edgy

This is an inspiring movie with great messagaes and it has a great cast. This a very suprising amount of languages and violence and drugs and alcohol so wait till there in their teens

A GOOD MOVIE BUT NOT FOR YOUNGER KIDS

TWO THUMPS UP

Gritty yet never a dull moment in it

Morgan Freeman is one of my favorite actors of all time; "Million Dollar Baby," "Invictus" and "Driving Miss Daisy" showcase his excellent talent, and the Academy must agree. He's been up for an Oscar 5 times and one once for "Baby." Why he wasn't nominated for "Lean on Me" blows my mind. He took control of the school and made sure everyone knew he was the head guy in charge (movie explains that.) Catch the TV-edited version.

there were disturbing images of violence but i luv the story!