Kid reviews for Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

Sweeping owl fantasy adventure is impressive but intense.

Kid, 12 years old September 26, 2010

a bit violent

It was inspiring, but a bit violent for a kids movie. If you make the owls humans a not animated it would be rated R.

Kid, 12 years old April 13, 2011
this movie is awesome!

Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 December 23, 2011

Not true to the books at all, but good otherwise.

KILLER special fx, but if you've read the books, you might be disappointed. Not true to the books (personally, even thought I've read the books, I still enjoy the movie, despite the major differences). Some parts might be scary for younger kids. My sister cried at the beginning when a tasmanian devil attacked two owls. He had sharp teeth, and would be a scene I would skip for kids 7 years and younger. 8 year-olds could handle it I think. Good voice acting, no blood, awesome special effects. Pretty different from the books, which sort of disappoints me, but it's still really good.

Kid, 12 years old September 24, 2010

the fighting is kinda scary, but only for the moment

well, my mom rated it for thirteen and up, witch makes me too young (it didn't bother me at all, so that's quite *mom like*). she said i won't be seeing it again. shoot. anyway, there is quite a bit of violence, with plenty of slow-mo shots that give you even more detail on top of the already stunning graphics. but the movie is worth watching, and will inspire one who is not scared out of their wits by the battles.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySozie1rocks December 30, 2017

Not like books at all!

I thought it was a really good movie, action packed and overall nicely balanced. The thing is, it was not like the books at all, and I hate when movie producers do this. In the movie, Soren is not pushed out his hollow by Kludd, but they are both brought to St. Aggies. This is where Kludd becomes a pure one, in the book, Kludd pushes Soren out of the nest and the Pure ones FIGHT St. Aggies, they aren't a part of St. Aggies. There were many more differences between the movie and the book. I understand that the producers can't make the movie perfect, but they can do better then that! If the producer changed most of those differences I would LOVE the movie. -Shea
Teen, 13 years old Written byFezesAreCool December 20, 2012

Amazing movie, epic action and battle sequences, 10+

This movie was really, really good. I watched it with my parents and brother last night. I loved the battle sequences, they featured slow motion a lot, they were very impressive but also very intense. It was fine for me because I'm 13 and have played games like Mass Effect and watched films like Casino Royale (the 2006 one not the really old one) but kids younger than 10 might find it a bit intense or violent. PARENT WARNING: There is one scene where although it isn't shown at all graphically, it is implied that an owl is impaled on a burning stick.

Kid, 12 years old June 7, 2011

The best movie in the world!!!

This movie is the best! Very interesting and exciting. Characters are cool! Legend of the Guardians rock! Good plot, soundtrack, and events. In my opinion, many of you'll people should just forget the violence, and watch this great movie!

Kid, 10 years old September 21, 2014

Guardians of Ga'hoole

I'm absolutely the #1 fan of this movie. I've asked around in my school and everyone who's watched it says it's the best movie ever! Some kids, including me, want them to make a second movie. I STRONGLY RECOMEND!

Kid, 12 years old October 3, 2013

not for everyone a bit too violent

I liked the movie but the plot was not like the book's in the least and my 7 year old brother had trouble understanding the plot and the akidna scared him.

Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2011

Awesome!!!

the best movie based on a book!

Kid, 7 years old October 6, 2013

cool movie 6+

very good 6+

Kid, 12 years old August 1, 2012

good movie :D

oh please i'm 10 and i think i can handle these kinds of movies.

Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2011

Very Very good movie!

The Guardians of ga'hoole rock!

Kid, 8 years old July 21, 2018

Lovely friendship movie

This is a very nice movie. It's a bit violent and kind of scary. I love the owls and hope they make loads of friends. I love the graphics they're so beautiful.

Kid, 12 years old February 23, 2018

Could be better...

I guess it was a good movie all in all, but it really could have been a lot better. It repeated things a lot, like "Heal the broken, make strong the weak". It's a good quote, but if you keep on repeating it it loses most of the meaning. And the producers completely forgot to add the topic of love! Love should be a great heroic trait, and yet, they didn't mention it in the movie. However, love is shown a bit when Soren heals his younger brother. I think they should have made it a bigger topic though. They kept on saying things like "Vanquish the evil with no regrets". After the main character, Soren, kills the evil king owl, he is told "You did the right thing, Soren." It is the right thing, but Soren seems barely sorry before he moves on without a second thought. People with a good heart are always sorry after doing something evil, even if it was for the greater good. I did like how Soren continues to care and love his brother, Kludd, even after he turns evil. Kludd tries to kill Soren even after Soren saves his life. That really highlights the purity of Soren's heart. It was a good adventure movie, but it wasn't that touching.
Kid, 10 years old October 19, 2017

War is bad

If there is enough war going around the world, do kids need to see more of it? I watched it and it was horrible

Kid, 12 years old September 30, 2017

Nice, but...

It's a great movie and a nice way to end reading the series, but isn't much LIKE the series. A little violence but is great with a good message once you get past the idea that it combines the two main antagonist groups.

Teen, 16 years old Written byaudsthepanda September 20, 2017

It scared me

I went to see this movie when I was nine and didn't sleep for two days afterwards because I was scared I was gonna get kidnaped and forced to stand under the moon and become moonlighted.

Kid, 10 years old November 21, 2016

This amazing and suspenceful adeventure has war scenes

This spectacular movie is about a barn owl who is kidnapped and the people who kidnapped him are trying to enslave weaker owls. He must get to the guardians of Ga'hool so he can defeat these enemies. He befriends other owls and they also try to stop the evil owls. This movie has war scenes in it and the scenes can be very intense. Some owls are killed and others are badly injured. They say the "H" word once but they don't mean it as a curse, they're referring it to something bad that happened. Yeah, the war scenes are really intense half because the director of this film also directed the movie 300. But this movie is amazing and I recommend this to your tweens!

Teen, 16 years old Written byHenva November 15, 2014

300 with owls

This movie is a meal for the eyes. The animation stunning, the music is mezmorising and the scenes are intense. The film is a very dark, despite the front cover. I felt my heart drop in the battle scenes. One of kind movie. The film has a few sexual references and even though you don't see blood their's a lot of breaking bones and dislocations.