All parent member reviews for Lemonade Mouth

Parent Written byMamaSnap December 17, 2011

hope it gets better....

my 8.5 year old daughter is watching this right now, which I allowed based on these reviews. I hope it gets better because about 15 mins in most of the adults come across as kind of batty. maybe the teacher who turns the room into a music room will be inspiring. i am also super bummed that the high school is completely white. my daughter is black and it drives me nuts not to see more integration, or to just see a token black person or two as back in the background characters. this movie doesn't even have that. i also am so tired of today's shows showing kids being so smart ass towards adults. i don't want my young child to grow up thinking that is how adults deserve to be treated.
Parent Written byaimless1 May 10, 2014

Meh

I thought, based on reviews I had read that this would be a good movie for our family to watch together. My daughters are 8 and 5 and they thought it was ok. My husband and I found it painful and just wanted it over. I was disappointed at how much teen romance drama and I thought it took away from the "good messages".
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written byfastraxsg December 16, 2011

LM

No matter what people says: I like this movie and the songs. I just wish in disney movies the kids could be younger. Like High school musical. The kids that watch those kind of movies arent in high school so why are the kids in the movies so old?!
Parent of a 5, 6, 10, and 13 year old Written byGenerationClean June 10, 2011

A false feel-good film

The characters are shallow and have an overall feeling of discontent. I would like to have seen a more thoughtful script to show the kids trying to find their place. The parents are depicted as rigid and detached, and the principal and teachers are overly theatrical and stereotypical. I think High School Musical was much better.
Adult Written byKarrie21 April 24, 2012

Another teenager movie

Some principals don't care about their students - or care about all students equally. Many parents mess up, and some parents aren't great. But for the most part principals care and parents want the best for their kids. Teenagers these days seem to have this "Woe is me" "Nobody understands me" attitude that this movie doesn't help. I worry that this just encourages kids of every age to say - well if I don't agree with the people in charge, I just won't follow the rules. I understand that if your child's rights are being violated then action needs to be taken but I wish Disney would stop putting out all of these movies and shows that have no good adult role models. It's frustrating!
Parent Written byelsecom January 1, 2012

One of the BEST!

This movie is absolutely awesome. The songs are just way above anything I have ever heard. The words tell of problems they are having and it's also some of the same ones I am having. So they helped me alot.
Parent Written byIHaveSeen6591Movies+ June 30, 2011

Please ignore all other reviews

No matter what anyone says, this is the first truly inspirational movie I have seen in a long time. The movie world has become stale and unpredictable, and this movie sets the bar for all those other feature films. So many things from this movie are deeply rooted in the lives of people today. If I know anything about movies, everything was perfect aside from one particular character's acting. Anyone that says otherwise just wants to make Disney feel bad for making a movie that they are too ashamed to admit relates to them.
Adult Written byTinyToya May 13, 2011

Disney trying(and failing) at trying for High School Musical-like success

Overall the movie is rather boring and it is clear that Disney merely wants to sell their Lemonade Mouth Soundtrack. Bridgit Mendler is not a very convincing actress (watch the scenes in which she has to cry or act nervous), and Adam Hicks is not too engaging either. Strangely, I liked Hayley Kyoko's performance as the tough tomboy. Finally, if your child doesn't get bored first, this movie is rather harmless.
Parent Written bytickleme35 May 31, 2016

Awesomeness

I thought this was an awesome movie.The music was great and provided really advice and motivation..The song entitled "she's so gone" was for the the ones that have low self esteem/confidence, being bullied. Its going to come to a point where he/she will will stand up demand respect and be heard..The song "BREAKTHROUGH"..speaks for itself.I really enjoyed the movie
Parent Written bymattbruns3 February 25, 2015

A really good movie but there's a lot of bullying and defiance.

The theme of the movie is about standing up for what you believe in and going against other people. The band goes against the school authorities. Stella is defiant, she has the theme for herself of questioning authority. There is also a lot of bullying, the band fights with them and gets pretty domestic. It is more for older kids or teenagers.
Adult Written byTomRiddle July 31, 2012

Never

It's cringe
Parent of a 11 year old Written byMissKookie July 31, 2011

A different kind of disney channel movie, but still great!

It was actually pretty good and a bit deeper than most disney channel movies. I understand that it is different from the book, but it was still nonetheless pretty touching. It may be a bit boring to younger children under 12 since they might not be able to understand the "deep" parts, but it's okay. It had a different style or feeling than most disney channel movies and that is another reason why I liked it.
Adult Written bybianca7788 May 16, 2011

awesome!

Great, Cute,Clean messages for tweens and teens! It shows a group of friends standing up for what they believe in and facing all odds! Its not the bubblegum pop like all the other disney movies!
Adult Written byMary1216 April 21, 2011

FAB!

This movie was great! The acting, music, plot and everything was really fun. Probably one of the best DCOM's ever. Recommended for families.