All teen and kid member reviews for Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2010

A great great movie!

A great movie. It's really very funny in the begining how it opens up. It's a great adventure movie. Alot of thrill and suspense to. I reccomend this to you.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHintzy411 November 13, 2009

11+

my friend read the series and thinks it's great
Kid, 10 years old August 27, 2012

Recheck your review!

This series is one of the best for kids 8 & up, if they're smart enough to see that it's fake! I saw the review people gave it, and I was so angry. Kids younger than 9 should be able to read it, if they're not scared over some really stupid things. So I think that they're review is really dumb and A Series of Unfortunate Events is once again good for kids who can understand it and understand that it's FAKE! It's not fair for kids to younger than 9 to only read about ponies and princesses. They need to get a little taste of reality so they can know that not everyone is going to give you candy if you're a good little boy/girl! While knowing that MOST OF IT IS FAKE!!!! So that's it. By the way: Sunny didn't say bad words she's just a baby!
Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2010

Movie with a lot of suspense is so-so

I saw this movie in school when I was in 5th grade. It was not really that scary, but the plot was just akward. Some parts of the movie were enjoyable, but others just didn't make any sense. So, if your a fan of the series, go ahead you'll probably enjoy it more than me, since I didn't even read the books. The movie would be more clear if you read the series.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHT April 9, 2008

EVERY PESON IN THE WORLD SHOULD WATCH IT

Kid, 12 years old May 11, 2014

weird

weird and nothing like the books!
Teen, 15 years old Written bytechnologylover12 May 15, 2010
this movie is awesome! My favorite part is when sunny says "Im sunny" to olaf and he's like "Sorry, I don't speak monkey...BANANA" then sunny replies saying "I AM NOT A MONKEY"
Teen, 15 years old Written bydirectioner2121 September 16, 2013

Nice and kid friendly..

I think families should know that there are positive role models like violet she likes experimenting and finding new things or like Claus who loves reading and detective work or.. Grammar.
Kid, 7 years old February 22, 2010
One part when Eddie falls off of a log he says "I think I might have peed" Also, Eddie gets shot by a paintball but he thinks he got shot by a bullet.
Kid, 9 years old January 6, 2010

Worst Movie

This movie was probably the worst movie i ever saw. It's not that innapropriate but i just dont like it
Teen, 14 years old Written bykingfisher30 April 9, 2008

wacko film

awesome movie for all ages that anyone can see. Go see it now
Teen, 14 years old Written bykaratedude April 9, 2008

Fantabulous!

People are freaking out because the movie doesn't completely match the books. But it says BASED on the first three books. Not EVENT FOR EVENT on the first three books. I thought they did great with the casting. Jim Carrey as Count Olaf was perfect! Emily Browning was great for Violet! I think they could have done a better person for Klause than Liam Aiken. But Sunny was great! This movie is hilarious! And action-packed! If you have any questions or comments about this review, please e-mail me at karatedude999@hotmail.com. Thank you!
Teen, 17 years old Written byjcsoblonde April 9, 2008

BLEH

This movie is absolutely pointless and stupid. I love the books, but give me a BREAK...Count Olaf= JIM CARREY???? You have GOT to be kidding me...it was just dumb. A really bad adaption.
Kid, 12 years old August 2, 2015

Amaaaaaaaaaazing !!

HAVE TO WATCH MOVIE !! its the best movie ever, my 22 year old uncle watched it when he was around my age, he loved it, showed it to me and same reaction, too funny, i like comedy, and i read the other reviews, see ! people loved it too ! 1 said that it was awful but don't judge it on 1 review ! look at many also this movie is really nice the concept of it the closing the opening the actors the script the EVERYTHING love it 4/5 stars maybe 5 ! but really if your like ... should I ? YESSSSSS YOU SHOULD ! too good to be missed ! :D
Kid, 9 years old January 25, 2013

Sad,Scary,and Kinda Mean

When I watch the movie I was scared,sad,and i was crying due to graphic images.P.S The lesson is you'll never know the unfortunate event might happen in real life.
Kid, 10 years old April 16, 2011

Creepy

Its really creepy
Teen, 13 years old Written byeteichert April 9, 2008

Terrible!

This made me sick! If I had not read the books, this would have been awesome! But I'm glad I did, because the are amazing, but this movie was a hack job! The WORST choice of actors possible! These people not only left stuff out, but they added stuff, moved stuff where it wasnt meant to be, and didnt reveal things that were explicitly revealed in the books! If they hadnt tried to cram so much into this movie, I might have enjoyed it more!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMadelineMini April 7, 2015

Dark and might be too scary for sensitive kids

This movie is dark, but it's also funny. Jim Carrey is absolutely hilarious in this movie. It might be scary for younger kids. The parents die and the uncle, there are a few other scary situations, plus violence. Count Olaf (Jim Carrey) tries to kill the kids several times and marry Violet in a play. So, the title is not misleading, definitely a series of unfortunate events. The ending is happy though. Great movie for families with kids 9 and up! I didn't read the book and I loved it, but it just depends on what kind of movies you like. If you just like happy and cheerful movies, this is not for you.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlwayzCreative14 November 26, 2010

Fans of the Books Will Be Fans of this Movie!

I saw this movie when I was about 11 and really enjoyed it! I think it fits the book, despite a few changes. I don't think it's a good movie for the younger crowd or easily scared kids though. The dark comedy is a little disturbing to some and the violence and suspense can be frightening. I still loved it though and I think it really depends on if you read the books. If you liked the books- like I did- you'll really enjoy this movie. If you did 't like the book? Well you won't like the movie either.

That was horrable.

I love the books of a series of unfortunate events, every one. I thought the movie would be awesome but then I saw it and it completely defied the books. It was really stupid and I think if your in the mood to be bored out of your mind with idioticness, this is the thing to watch.