All parent member reviews for Let Me In

Parent Written by1koip July 8, 2011

Let Me In Review

I found this to be an awesome movie with great meaning and special effects, though I would not recommend this for children under 12. I myself am only 10 but I have a very high tolerence for gore and other children my age may not. The part that I found the most grotesque was the part when Abby's caretaker/former boyfriend poured acid on his face. There is not much sexual content in the movie except when Abby and Owen very lightly peck each other on the lips. It was wonderful to see a vampire movie that didn't make vampires seem evil, but also did not glorify vampirism. I also loved how it was not petty and laden with teenage stereotypes as with films such as The Vampire Diaries and The Twilight Saga, but more serious and dark. Two thumbs up for Let Me In!
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 August 19, 2014

An inferior remake, but a solid horror movie

For my money, this is essentially a carbon copy of the Swedish original "Let the Right One In." Chloe Grace Mortez is a great actress, and I expect great things from her in the future, as is Smit-McPhee, who left a big impression in "The Road." The two of them have good, awkward tween chemistry; excellent character actor Richard Jenkins is wasted as Mortez's "father," though the main bully in this version is much more despicable than the original. The film had some stylish elements to it, like the promising, mysterious opening scene, but if you want to pick between the two, of course go with the grittier, more beautiful original.
Adult Written byHunger Games Fan April 25, 2012

Sex, Violence, and language

Sex There is a sexual situation which a girl vampire takes off all her clothes and climbs into bed with a 12 year old boy there is some talk about going steady and she finaly says that they can go steady this scene might be found disturbing consitering ther age both 12. Violence Lots of gore consitering it is a horror/vampire movie and a lot of physical bulling one scene ecspeliy were a young boy 12 is dragged on the floor of a swimming pool and atempted to be drownded Language F--k, S--t,F-g, D--n, ass, and a-----e and some other strong language usealy used by kids to other kids one scene when owen is holding a pole and says he will hit them if they try enything whitch they do saying I don't think you are going to do a f--king thing and I am going to take that pole and ram it up your a--. Still one of the best horror movies in years!! I would give it a 10 out of 10
Parent Written byBig Reemo March 12, 2011

I love gore movies but I wouldn't let someone under 17 watch this.
Adult Written bydudeman123 February 11, 2011

A simple and well executed horror flick

Let Me In is quite the horror film, especially with todays standars. It's a pretty good watch if you can handle lots of blood. The little girl who is a vampire is extremely creepy and unpredictable keeping you on the edge of your seat. The scenes in which she attacks victims are jumpy, freaky, and well extremely bloody. Let Me In will certainly satisfy horror fans like myself but won't appeal to many other people outside of the horror fanbase. Still a satisfying but gory movie
Adult Written bykhan2705 December 12, 2010

Excellent and awsome remake of a creepy scary and dark vampire movie.

A bullied young boy befriends a young female vampire who lives in secrecy with her guardian. well here comes the remake of a classic and one of the most scariest, creepiest and darkest vampire tale LET THE RIGHT ONE IN which was a Swedish film that not just me but everyone that have seen it absolutely loved it. its a horror romantic drama thriller about a vampire girl and her friendship with a bullied young boy. its very bold, smart and extreme fun to watch movie, i was waiting anxiously for this movie to watch and i finally did. i would say it is a good if not better remake. it looks and it is good the way it is. good job. My favorite HIT GIRL lol Chloe Moretz is back yaay, she is just fantastic actress, she really looks very matured and a fine lady even in this age, i am so looking forward to her movies and her acting performances in the future and i know she will rock it. she is superb in this movie. good looking and charming. good face expressions and co-ordiantion. she is good. and yes Kodi Smit McPhee was the best choice for this character. 100% made for this character, he did a fantastic job in it. other actors like Richard Jenkins and Elias Koteas are decent too but these two are the main characters in it. they steals the show completely. good performances. very good direction, i am impressed. screenplay is perfect very good, not slow or boring very engaging. no empty or hollow. plot is very good, love it, simple but very heavy. extremely creepy movie. the make up done for when Chloe's character shows her eyes and else as she feeds is very scary, loved it. very bold, bloody scenes. i love these kind of movies so much. some scenes in this movie were really jaw dropping and filmed with a unique and good style. the whole dark cold environment that have been created is very good, very creepy and scary. good cinematography. an absolutely delight to watch this R rated vampire flick with young characters in it. the romance or friendship that goes between them is terrific. this movie has extra ordinary visual details and good performances and the music is great too. very gritty and chilling movie, it kept me to edge of the seat even concerning slow moving plot which is not boring or tiring to watch at any place. interesting, fun to watch and creeping entertaining movie. a well made movie. the scariest movie of the year. mind and bone chilling horror drama thriller. MUST WATCH.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byMom and movie lover October 12, 2010

Hey all, Let Me In is an emotionally wrenching film. Hopefully you know that the gist of the movie is about a lonely boy who is bullied at school and then a young girl moves in next door who is a vampire. By emotionally wrenching, I want say how expertly this film made you feel: anger and fury at the bullies, helpless for the boy Owen, sadness at both Owen and Abby's isolation, frustration at Owen's parents, hope for Owen and Abby with their budding friendship, and genuine surprise/horror at the violence of Abby's vampire actions. You will walk out with a lot on your mind after this movie. But for kids -- definite NO. You need to gauge it appropriately for tweens -- it has some heavy plot lines regarding the kids at school and Abby's father-figure. Definitely NOT your mindless horror/vampire film.