All parent member reviews for Let the Right One In

Adult Written byFilmManiac May 9, 2012

Stupendous film, quite disturbing

Adult Written bymasterofthemovies February 1, 2011

Fine for most (if not all) kids past the age of 14. an Amazing film!

i LOVE this movie. while there are some violent scenes, they dont show the gore or it is in quick bursts. the thing that kids wont like is that its slow and that they wont fully get the meaning of the story.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 August 6, 2014

Arthouse horror is creepy and thoughtful

For me there were a lot of holes that I was curious about in this movie, and a some conveniences. But those aside, this was a thoroughly thoughtful, gentle (despite some very graphic, bloody scenes, and a confusing, disturbing shot of Eli's crotch) and quiet vampire movie, the like of which that is usually known for loud screams and gallons of gore. The two little leads, Oskar and Eli are adorable and perfect for each other, a textbook case of two lonely souls intertwining. I learned a lot by looking at the IMDb FAQ, which reveals some insight into the movie's source material, and how it explains things like Eli's guardian's relationship to her.
Adult Written byashbudgie1 June 25, 2011

Sad and dull

Just a depressing movie. It's more sad than scary. The adults in this film are pathetic and unsupportive, and the kids are left to fend for themselves in a "Lord of the Flies" kind of way. I wouldn't really recommend this movie to anyone, unless you really want to be depressed.