Kid reviews for Let the Right One In

Swedish vampire tale is much grislier than Twilight.

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats November 26, 2012

Eli is 12 years old. She's been 12 for over 200 years and, she just moved in next door.

It is a rare occasion when I give a movie an A- but five stars. However, Let the Right One In deserves it. Tomas Alfredson is one of the best directors I've ever had the pleasure to a see a film of. The book is a work of art and is all about emphasizing the torture of adolescence. Alfredson captures it perfectly on screen and also gets beautiful shots of the depressing scenery. He really sets the mood of the whole film and by doing all of this, creates a suspense that always seems to linger. The two child leads performance excellently with a sense of maturity and chemistry. I would have been a bit more pleased with the adaption though if the had made the ending a bit scarier and showed a lot more of what was happening. The lackluster ending was the only thing from preventing the film from getting an A, even though it really is a masterpiece. There is brief nudity but very brief. There are two uses of the f-word and there are some other mild profanities. Lots of violence but mostly is hidden in the shadows, although blood is constantly seen on Eli's mouth. A brief image of a woman burning up in flames and a group in the town that the film partially focuses on is a band of drunkards. Also, the bullying may upset younger viewers. A-.

Teen, 13 years old Written byXtreme101 October 21, 2015

Vampire Movie Is Much Better Then Twilight

Well, then again. Almost everything is better then Twilight, but you get the point. Let The Right One In is a very slow moving vampire film, so that might turn people off. Also a turn-off (for most people, I honestly don't care) are the Swedish subtitles. Nevertheless, this is a very very well made vampire film that is both touching and emotionally distant. The cinematography is amazing. It is the biggest compliment I can give this movie. It's simply beautiful, bleak, and perfectly captures the essence of the script. The child actors are also perfect. They are far better then any child actors in the U.S. (Anakin Skywalker, anybody?) and deserve all the praise they got in 2008. They are phenomenal. As for inappropriate stuff, there is a lot of blood-sucking by Eli but most murders are offscreen. There is one somewhat horrific scene where Eli's caretaker has acid poured on his face, and later in a hospital scene, you see his hideously scarred face. There are a few uses of the "F" word, but not much else. But overall, it's not just a fantastic vampire movie, but just a great movie in general.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 July 3, 2015

Another excellent horror film.

Sweet, romantic, cute yet disturbing, Let The Right One In was phenomenal. 4 and a half stars. Grade: A-

Kid, 11 years old December 26, 2011

Good!

It was pretty good. The book was much better, but this had a good cast and and some shots that will stay with you for a long time.
Kid, 12 years old November 3, 2011

Disturbing in a ... Beautiful Way

I realize that a lot of people are generally turned off of this book somewhere around when you start to see what could be called pedophilia. And, yes, to a certain degree, this can make you cringe. It's creepy and weird ... especially with how strikingly realistic it sounds. Creepy forty year old looking for little boys? Yeah. But nothing was all that disturbing. It was a little strange, sure. But, if I can read this book in fifth grade and write an entire report about it, and NOT get in trouble with the teacher, it's not the worst thing out there. Forgetting that, this book is amazing! It's an interesting story, it's something that once you start reading it, you really don't want to put down. Besides the confusion about Eli's gender, the book is much better than the movie, even if it's a little more ... explicit.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHWADOB April 17, 2011

Beautiful, violent movie.

Really great movie! I appreciated the differences between this movie and that other horrible paranormal romance series that I don't say the name of. First of all, when Oskar finds out, he takes a bit to get used to it. And, as stated before me, the movie was slow, which REALLY bored my 10 year old brother. But I thought was absolutely beautiful. Now, for the BAD things about this film. Very, very violent, and the suspense is almost always there, wheather it be with music or just the dismal surroundings. Oskar is ruthlessly bullied, and is filled with hatred for those boys. After being encouraged to "Hit back. Hard." by Eli, he gives the main bully a good smack on the head, therefor protraying that violence can solve your problems. A few f-words and a couple uses of h--- are used.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 January 15, 2012

DISSAPOINTING,DULL,MAKES TWILIGHT LOOK LIKE A MUST WATCH.

wtf,i wasted 10 bucks just to watch this at the theatre.this dosent even qualify for a real horror movie AT ALL