Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Letters to Juliet

Super swoony romantic fluff that's fun for tweens.

Adult Written byBeckstar October 31, 2011

WONDERFUL!

great film! No sex or violence and heaps of romance! What more can you want?!
Adult Written byjulabee4 September 17, 2010

Perfectly Perfect

I loved the movie! It made me cry happy heart warming tears. A great movie for the whole family, couples, girls, pretty much anyone. I love that it was very clean cut. I'm not sure if there was even one cuss word. I love clean movies that have a really good story to tell that this one was absolutely wonderful. It's probably one of the best movies I have ever seen.

Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written bycyndifug8 December 9, 2010

Sweet Movie - Perfect Chick Flick

Very sweet and nice movie. It was nice to be able to watch a film that had nothing offensive in it!
Adult Written bykhan2705 November 3, 2010

A delight to watch. simply.

wow man i can't believe this with absolute 0 expectations i saw this movie and i rated it NOT INTERESTED too .... but now i feel like like its one of the best romantic movies of all time. wow great isn't it? its not cliche at all, a very new kind of a story, great chemistry between Amanda Seyfried and Chris Egan. acting was decent. Gael Garcia, Vanessa Redgrave they were good too. we seriously need more of these kind of movies man. lately i don't remember any movie that satisfied my need of a good time, there must used to be something wrong with them but this one i was watching without getting bored or annoyed and going here and there and then coming to watch until it gets finish and then write a review and Thank God for it .... lolx. i seriously did not wanted this movie to finish and when it did i wanted some more, i wanted it to never finish that is like really crazy thing but it did happened. loved it alot. an absolute charming and adorable movie. The message of romantic love being timeless and one that can cross many generations was very well appreciated and felt. The scenery of Italy in the film is gorgeous. There are breathtaking shots that make you want to hop on a plane after the film is over and go there yourself. such a beautiful place it is. The major weight of carrying the film rested squarely on the shoulders of Amanda Seyfried. Other than being very lovely shoulders, she did an excellent job of portraying her character. She has a great range of endearing expressions. I've seen her in a couple of other films that I enjoyed her in, but none better than this; even considering the broader production values of "Mama Mia". She was radiantly beautiful and added just the right note of intelligence, warmth and charm. In one scene where her character described her excellent education, it didn't seem ludicrous coming from her as it has in the past from other actors. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her - and not just because of her radiant beauty either. While it's certainly not a masterpiece, I praise it for being able to go way past the average "rom com" or "tearjerker" and just be a simply pleasing experience with very fun scenes and a great sense of romance and happiness that I was touched by. It was a job well done, and a breath of fresh air from a lot of trash heaps that are passed off as Romance films nowadays. I suggest anyone who can enjoy this light-hearted, fun and delightful adventure see it right away! i loved it and now i am recommending everyone to see this movie.

Adult Written by2Simple October 30, 2010
Adult Written byjoshua martinez September 22, 2010
Letters to Juliet is a sweet and a great movie to watch this would be a great movie for your young teens and parents the only issue you need to worry about is that there is some mild language used and some drinking which is that adults drink wine or champagne at dinners, in vineyards and at a wedding reception also there is a great positive message in this movie it's about that first love never dies, no matter how many years have passed.

Parent of a 11 and 16 year old Written byCarolS June 18, 2010

Wonderful Film

This is a wonderful film, a refreshing change from the violent and raunchy movies that seem to dominate Hollywood fare. I think it takes more talent making a feel-good movie that appeals to a wide audience. What is wrong with predictable? Even the box office hits, such as Avatar and Titanic are predictable, aren't they?!
Parent of a 9 year old Written byljays22 May 29, 2010

Great movie - a funny, touching romance story

I was concerned the romance would be too strong for my almost 10 year old daughter (4th grade) - but not at all! Vanessa Redgrave is fabulous and plays a role that sends a positive & touching message. The language was not offensive (the one s-word went by so fast and with a British accent - my daughter didn't even catch it) so the only thing I found remotely age-inappropriate was when an elderly gentlemen flipped the finger. The movie was funny, touching and very well done - made my eyes misty more than once. Go see it - take your daughters - I think 4th grade and up will enjoy it a lot!

Parent Written byjhartsock81 January 28, 2011
Typical Romance comedy with a little twist. Probably ok for most your teens. Also good date night movie. Good chunk of fill takes place in italy so there is drinking at every meal in the movie. And there is a building attraction between 2 of the characters thru the movie.

Parent Written bymiscmail September 25, 2010

Great movie

Acts of kindness, romance, never give up-great messages. Beautiful scenery
Adult Written bydavispittman July 6, 2018

Adorable heart warming entertainment

Letters to Juliet is one of the best romantic films I’ve seen. Yes I realize it can be pretty cheesy and cliché at times, but I really enjoyed it nonetheless. It features accomplished actors such as Amanda Seyfried and Vanessa Redgrave, who both do very well with their roles. It also features Christopher Egan, who plays Charlie and I loved him in that role, he fit it perfectly and him and Seyfried had good working chemistry. It’s a film basically anyone around 8/9 can and I think will enjoy.

Parent Written byAni T. December 10, 2017

Refreshing Ambiance

The plot of Letters to Juliet is so simple and so close to anyone's heart. No complicated plots but only wonderful sceneries and true to life situations. One could pretend to be in a character's shoe and imagine how one would respond. It's all fun and clean. A teenager watching this movie will perhaps find it like a fantasy but who's to say no? It could really happen!
Adult Written byBarbara A. August 5, 2016

Great.

It's a very sweet lovely movie. Good for the family. Makes you have faith in love and friendships again.

Parent of a 14 year old Written byDaddyFlip October 10, 2010

Not much of a movie, but my daughter liked it

There's really nothing to say film-wise here. Perfect time killer for a tween girl, but nothing else. I did enjoy seeing Lynn Redgrave again.
Parent Written byMrBoo July 18, 2010
asas

Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byconnielove93 June 17, 2010

Sterioypes galore in a BORING movie

I agree with the commonsense summary of this movie. Very predictable and not worth watching unless youre an old lady. It sends another message that girls are sappy and really think that Juliette's ghost is writing them a letter, I mean come on!! I wouldn't rate this "iffy" if the plotline wouldn't rot your children's brains. There is no "questionable" content in this movie exept for it's sheer stupidity.
Parent of a 14 and 14 year old Written byfancythat June 3, 2010

Lovely movie

I loved seeing this movie with my daughters, aged 14 and 21. After all the negative messages on so many movies, it was nice to see an uplifting romantic comedy without all the vulgarity and crudeness that so often permeates these types of movies. It was also fun to see Vanessa Redgrave and Franco Nero together again (since Camelot).

Parent of a 9 year old Written bymanchesterism May 29, 2010
I love my son very much...

Parent Written bythe_momma May 20, 2010
I took my almost 12 y.o. daughter to this movie and we both liked it. The ONLY issue I had were one or two references to "making love" which she doesn't know about yet (not to my knowledge anyways) That did make me a little uncomfortable, but the references were during a very brief conversation between some women. Other than that, the movie was perfect for us to see together. She is just getting into the "liking boys" thing and we have not yet had the sex talk, but thats on the list for this summer!

Adult Written byalyssar9 May 5, 2010

Quirky Romance

I saw an early showing of this movie and I personally loved it. The movie was a very common Hollywood love story that has been told again and again but without the language and situations that normally go along with today's romances. it was a good outlook on relationship with making her fiance not necessarily the bad guy but just involved with his work and preoccupied with himself. i really enjoyed the relationships throughout the movie and how they were portrayed, i would take my 12 year old niece to this movie in a heartbeat.