Kid reviews for Letters to Juliet

Letters to Juliet Poster Image

Great for 8 and up!

This is a great movie, I watched it with my seven-year-old brother and he like it well enough. The very few sexual references fly over younger kids heads. it might be a bit boring for some younger kids, because it is a romance, but it actually seems like a family-movie-night movie!

Bored trope littered with internalized misogyny

The title says it all. The protagonist dates a guy. The guy is egocentric and leaves her to go on a business trip during their honeymoon. She loves him anyway. She finds letters to Juliet, written by love-struck women who seek advice on their relationships. She uncovers a particularly old letter and answers it. Then, a “good-looking sort” enters the place she writes letters in and begins to insult her. She treats him politely and considers him “charming.” The aforementioned male is the grandson of the older woman who is now on a quest to find her true love. The entire story is littered with internal mixed misogyny demonstrated by the women. The men are generally disgusting. And, the trope gets old. There is no relevance. No diversity. No decent role models. Does not pass the bechdel test. It’s a lame movie. If a human is absolutely bored and needs to watch it, find another honestly but I would suggest watching it with a child as long as you are certain the child will not be influenced by what they see, holds strong convictions on what correct behavior is, has internalized their worth as humans not tethered to another, assertiveness, etc.

Good but Predictable and boring for pre-teens.

There's nothing bad about it, nothing inappropriate or violent. The topic itself can be boring for kids. You will predict the ending pretty easily. It was nice to watch, honestly okay. There are a few kisses, and the word idiot. I don't recommend it for everyone. Reviewed by Cool Kidz.

letters to juliet

An awesome movie for the whole family! But even better for sleepovers

I really like this movie, it's so romantic and it is a winner for sleepovers. I love the fact that I can watch it without skiping scenes and/or close my eyes! It does not have anything that a kid can't watch (except a few kisses but not passionate kisses) and it has a cute story. I would recommend for family's with a little bit older kids (about 10 and up) because the little ones can find it boring and get bored easily (since it's romance) but that depens on you and if you think they can make it through. Totally recommend this cheesy yet not super predictable movie!! I love it!!

refreshing and sweet!

Letters to Juliet is a sweet, sincere, love story that is clean and great for the whole family! It is definitely one of my favorite movies!

One of My Absolute Favorites!

I really love this movie. It is heartwarming and I've seen it at least ten times. That said, some of the pictures in the beginning credits are inappropriate for young children. (Some woman's breasts and passionate kissing shown in the pictures.) Also, the main character wears a few dresses that are a bit tight and show cleavage. Other than a few references to "making love", this movie was fairly decent for tweens. Besides, most of it should go over their heads. Otherwise, Alan amazing movie that you HAVE to watch with your family.

Cute movie

It's a cute movie, however the main character kisses a man while she is engaged to another. The main character quickly realized it's wrong, though.There is also a middle finger at one point. There isn't much to the movie, it's light-hearted and funny.

best love story since the Notebook

letters to juliet is my favourite romance movie it is so interesting and sweet. vanessa redgrave is such a calm gentle person. i think this movie is best for grandmothers kids/tweens and moms. its a must watch itll make you feel all warm inside.

10+

Follow your heart don't fall for the jerk is the message and Sophie in it is just lovely. Love, love, love this movie. 10 and up.