Kid reviews for Liar Liar

Goofy '90s Carrey comedy has lots of profanity, sex.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNico coolman April 8, 2015

good and a little sexual

sex: 3 1/2
violence: 2 1/2
swearing: 3

funny, but sexual. It might go over kids under 8 or 9's heads, and they'll just think it's funny, for the kid jokes. (which are definetly in there, butt (heehee) only a kid could find them)

Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2014

Funny

Sex- 3 (Mature Themes)

A GOOD BUT NOT APPROAITE

the above read it
Kid, 10 years old June 6, 2020

Vary adult

There are senes that may be adult for kids

Kid, 11 years old June 4, 2020

It was good

It had a lot of bad stuff

Teen, 17 years old Written byNevatheBlur December 22, 2019

Raunchy, but hilarious

A little cliche, but i was ROFL. Carrey's performance really carries the movie. It's true that this kind of movie is just an excuse for a comedian to perform improv with a loose plot, but hey, it's one of the most entertaining films I've ever watched. Be warned: there's enough language and innuendo here that if a kid doesn't attend public high school, they could be a little shocked. On the other hand, if your kid's in public school, they've heard worse, believe me. 15+ should be comfortable.

Kid, 10 years old October 9, 2019

weird somehow at the same time funny

Not for kids 8 and under i watched it and it funny but weird at the same time and it had people having something that kids should not watch.

Kid, 12 years old October 9, 2019
Teen, 13 years old Written byImaRealCool_Rate_er October 8, 2019
Kid, 11 years old October 8, 2019

very bad

very innopropriate movie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 12 years old October 8, 2019

Kinda inappropriate

Shows some inappropriate scenes and inappropriate jokes

Kid, 11 years old October 8, 2019

Wierd Funny

Kid's should not whach not for them but there are funny jokes kids and adults will get . Also it swears and someone drinks wine in a gulp so 14+ is the best.

Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowxdragon56 October 8, 2019

Pretty good but not for children

Its good has some perks like a good moral but that's it tho.There to much sex violence and alcohol for a child mind.

Kid, 9 years old October 8, 2019

Not that bad for kids

There are some sexual themes and swearing in the movie, but overall it's a good movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written by1201td December 16, 2018

Why PG-13?

This has so much inappropriate scenes, but not much language

Kid, 12 years old October 13, 2018

Awkward and Hilarious Jim Carrrey Comedy with Serious Matters

Jim Carrey does a perfect job in his role for this comedy, and every time he's on screen he's just funny to watch. This movie can be kind of awkward at the same time because of the things he's telling the truth about, and you're just like, come on, come on, just lie about that thing or you'll get in serious trouble, but since he can't lie he does it, and you feel so bad for him. So far as content, there is some language, shit, damn, hell, bastard, mild language like that, and there is one middle finger. Some sexual stuff including a tape of a woman having sex heard in court, with Jennifer Tilly's character moaning and groaning sexually on tape. Jim Carrey's character and his boss have sex together, and later he remarks he's had better as a joke since he can't lie. When he and his boss are getting ready to have sex though, the boss gets on top of Jim Carrey and starts trying to take off her pants, so it is kind of a sexual scene, but that's the worst the movie gets in content. Other than that, it's not too bad. There is one reference in court to erections. So, basically, good movie, kind of cliche plot, but it's still a pretty funny movie. 11-12+ for sexual content
Teen, 13 years old Written bylvemula October 13, 2017
I think that this movie is really hillarious and funny. It is really funny. But, it has a bit of inappropriate stuff in the movie. I would advise kids 13 and up watch the movie. But it is a good movie and funny to watch.

Teen, 13 years old Written byWarriors Scourge October 11, 2017

Funny

If your into comedy then this is your type of movie! But beware there are sexual scenes (including sex) in this movie. No violence though. Swearing is also part of this but it wasn't too gruesome. But overall it's hilarious!
Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2017

One of my favorite comedies

Hahahahaha! That's what I was doing all through this movie, laughing my butt out. This movie is hilarious! This is one of my favorite comedy films. This movie is extremely silly. The movie was so over the top funny. I thought Jim Carrey did a phenomenal job on the acting. This movie has an AMAZING script. The director is also great (Tom Shadyac) considering other movies he has worked on (Bruce Almighty, Ace Ventura: Pet Ditective, The Nutty Professor, and Patch Adams) This is one of Jim Carrey's funniest movies and in my opinion one of the funniest movies of all time. I'm sure most of the people who saw it liked it. I do understand the 81% score for "Liar Liar" but I don't understand the two out of five stars on Common Sense Media. The reason I totally disagree with Common Sense Media is because I thought how Jim Carrey failed was funny and I loved how at the end of the movie there was a lesson, DONT lie. The reason I think this movie is OK for teens fourteen and up is because there is crude humor, swearing, and there is a scene we're we see Jim Carrey beating him self up. Overall I recommend this movie to anyone who wants to see a silly\ funny movie or to anyone who wants to see a quality Jim Carrey performance.

Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2017

My Favorite Jim Carrey Movie

From the opening sequence to the ending joke, Liar Liar is for me the far best Jim Carrey Comedy out there. With some jokes about boobs and sex, it is a great movie worth watching. "My dad is a liar! A lawyer? No a liar!" is the first Joke heard in the movie, and from then on I laughed my tears off!