All parent member reviews for Life as We Know It

Parent of a 6, 8, and 10 year old Written bysimon827 December 26, 2010

Great for parents but not lower than teens.

Great for grownups, but ot a kids movie.
Parent of a 9, 11, 14, 16, and 17 year old Written bymother_of_5 October 7, 2010

good for ages 11 and up. some kissing-not that bad

It was very approperate. Not nearly as much sexuality as I would have expected. It was extreamly funny, and had some good parenting humor. (not perverted) I expected it to be worse because it was rated PG13, but really it wasn't bad. If you dont want the end spoiled- quit reading, At the beginning it is just a boy and girl that tried dating and failed, but at the end they fall in love and become very mature. *Note at the beginning, the male isnt a good role model, but he becomes one at the end.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byTTU03Grad March 4, 2011

Not for kids

PG-13? Not in my house!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byHuntingwithdaughters October 12, 2010

Great movie, not for kids under 12

We took Alice to this and she liked it. I think they overdid the projectile vomiting. Otherwise a fun movie.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byfamilylover839 October 6, 2010

I throughly enjoyed it. The sexual content is kept to a mininum, and mainly focuses on parenting jokes, (i.e.- many many diapers:) I would definatly let my kids ages 11 and up go see it(:
Adult Written bykhan2705 December 16, 2010

poorly written screenplay but a sweet charming and cute rom com.

Life as We Know It: Two single adults become caregivers to an orphaned girl when their mutual best friends die in an accident. well i rated this movie Not Interested but still i watched it, i was in a mood for this kind of movie. i was expecting a very dull and silly cliche romantic comedy but it turned out if not good but rather well. i got attached to the characters as the movie went on i mean i was into the characters and movie from the beginning, instant connection. this is not one of the best romantic comedies ever, but it is the best Rom Com of this year. this movie turned out very sweet, cute and charming. Katherine Heigl is so good in this movie, i love her and completely adore her in her Series Grey's Anatomy which is my all time favorite Tv Series. lol i saw lizzie, last movie i remember of her was 27 Dresses i think. not sure about Killers though. talking about performances, i mean these kind of movies are not strong in acting departments that well, so was the case here. i mean they looked good and all but below average performances. Katherine looked good, charming and kind of ok in her character. Josh Duhamel, my God he is so handsome and attractive, he kind of did an above average job, which is great for him. they both looked good in their characters. Brilliant chemistry, good pairing. the baby i would say was very cute. loved her. the story of this movie is good, new and fresh concept about two extremely opposite people coming close together in unusual circumstances. screenplay had some flaws, its uneven. the comic content in this movie was ok. it was filled with very emotional scenes too. this movie definitely melted my heart completely. i was about to cry, seriously. direction could have been far more better. Editing was not good. i felt kind of good watching this movie. it is not a good movie with all those flaws in screenplay but it is a real charmer, sweet and cute romantic comedy which is not a good movie but looks good and somehow feel good. the only silly/ rom-com or in general silly movie with uneven plot that kind of entertained me and made me feel good this year, as far as i remember. i would say give it a shot, a one time watch.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byavrilnyc October 13, 2010

predicatble, innocuous, and cute

Very predictable movie. Nothing that is not shown on TV at 6 pm. Main characters are cute and responsible.
Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written by4mountains September 8, 2011

Not appropriate

My husband and I watched this with our 14 year old daughter and were very uncomfortable and disappointed. It has way too many gratuitous sexual references. Sometimes these kinds of things can be funny, but the writing is so bad in this movie. That's not the real problem, though. In this media saturated society, my husband and I are trying to teach our daughter that sex should be saved for marriage - not an easy task. Movies like this make our job much harder. Casual hookups are the norm, media would like us to think. We found this movie inane, inappropriate, and to be a bad influence. Unfortunately, many of our daughter's friends have seen this movie, which doesn't give me much hope for the ability of the young teens of today to make wise relationship choices.
Parent Written byIKnowThat.. December 11, 2011

Great Movie but be sure around kids

It is a great a great movie but you need to make sure your child understands and that you are okay with them watching it.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bymileycyruse54 February 13, 2012

ON 11+

Okay for 11+ some sexual things and strong language: but a good movie Sophie's parents die but it is mild and it isn't shown but is talked about. Holly and Messer don't smoke weed but they bake it in brownies and eat it!!!!!!!!!
Parent of an infant, 6, and 8 year old Written byMomma comma July 16, 2013

Katherine hiegel+ josh duhamel = the best

Holly gets drunk and her and meiser eat pot brownies. Some sex scenes aka in bed together. Families can mix together if you try hard. Plus families are amazing to have if you try. Holly is an amazing person and a hardworking mom and baker. She rubs off. The baby is adorable.
Adult Written byMovieLover92 May 16, 2013

Wonderful movie for adults but not for young kids

I found this movie in the five dollar bin at Wal-Mart and I picked it up because I have never seen it before and I noticed it had Katherine Heigl in it and I always love the films that she's in. I started watching this film and I fell in love with it. It has a really good message about parenting, trying to find your soul mate, sacrifices, and life in general. It really teaches a lesson that you may go around looking for the perfect man/woman but sometime they are just staring right at you the whole entire time and you may not always see it with a "bam" the first time you see them. It also teaches us that there is no such thing as perfect parenting. All couples make a few mistakes when parenting and no one is always right when doing it. This is a really great movie to watch for adults but I wouldn't recommend it for young kids.