All teen and kid member reviews for Life of Pi

Kid, 11 years old November 23, 2012

wasnt really impressed

WAY TOO MUCH VIOLENCE! on a sail boat Pi loses his family and cries because the ship sank and there is alot of yelling throughtout this movie and alot of zoo animals drown in the water. On the life boat the hyena eats a zebra that has been suffering with a broken leg and tears it apart while its still alive. Later the hyena eats the chimp and then the tiger eats the hyena. there are a few very sad parts and i cried twice in this movie. Good story afterall, but i wouldbt really reccomend this to anyone whos looking for a nice movie to watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydeJong May 28, 2013

The wonderful life of Pi

This was a very beautiful movie. The picture was fascinating to look at and the story line was great. It tells the story of Pi and his tiger Richard Parker learning to get along. They are stranded on a life boat together and need to survive. There are some scenes that may be a little violent for little kids.
Kid, 9 years old May 3, 2013

Worst movie ever

Its was terrible!
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2012

NOT FOR KIDS UNDER 14, BUT A MOVING STORY FOR ADULTS.

Parents, This Movie Is An Uplifting drama, with emotional, tearjerking scenes, but for your kids safety, don't let kids see this movie. The intense and disturbing shipwreck scene is just the start of it all. There is also partial nudity, strong violence, 1 use of F**k and D**k, and emotional material. My Rating - Rated PG-13 For Emotional Thematic Material, Child & Teen Imperilment Including Language, Brief Sexual References Involving A Nude Image, Disturbing Images & A Scene Of Mature Violent Content
Teen, 16 years old Written bywhiteblack February 19, 2013

Great movie!

Great movie! Its not at all the light hearted animation you might expect, more a deeply beautiful and moving story of survival. Because of the emotional intensity of this movie I'm recommending it for people over 13 years of age.
Teen, 13 years old Written byChocolateOrange November 25, 2012

Great movie

It's a good movie! I was spellbound. I think that it is a good movie for ages 12 and up because younger kids wouldn't get the spiritual message but would probably get the rest. It is a wonderful movie for all ages but there is animal violence. I also like how the movie didn't romanticize the animals in any way. The effects are beautiful and the story has a good message in it. It is well worth the watch and it will grip the attention of older audiences.
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2013

SHOULD YOU SEE IT

life of pi is a positive movie of faith and god the things you should know is if your kid is scared of violence you should not take him/her to see it
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnnieC May 22, 2013

life of pi

Life of Pi is an inspiring movie about a teenage boy, Pi, and a tiger, Richard Parker, stranded in the middle of the ocean. Pi struggles to "I e with Richard Parker, but eventually they learn to trust each other. Their adventures include storms, a carnivorous island, and multiple fishing troubles. I really liked how it was open ended and lets you decide which story to believe. This movie had a lot of different world views about religion and many other things. This movie also has tons of amazing computer effects. It's not my favorite movie, but I would still recommend it to other people.
Kid, 11 years old April 22, 2013

Should Have Won Oscar!!!!!

Not much swearing just pissing. It is kind of violent because (spoiler Alert) animals eat each other,violent storms, and his family dies. Otherwise an amazing movie, the visual effects are amazing and it has an amazing storyline watch it, it is a great family movie!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byProf.Palmer August 13, 2014

Life of Pi Movie Review

Cast: Suraj Sharma, Irrfan Khan, Rafe Spall, Gerard Depardieu, Tabu and Adil Hussain Director: Ang Lee Synopsis: the film is a survival story part is about Pi and his family living in Pondicherry. They also run their own zoo Pi’s father decided to move to Canada. They boarded a Japanese freighter. One night a freak storm happened and then Pi fell off the boat and into a life boat. He shares the boat and into a life boat. He shares the boat with four animals: Zebra, hyena, orang-utan and the tiger. The animals have traits of various people. The film was well made with lots of special effects being used including computer generated images example: the tiger Richard Parker is not a real tiger and Pi is not adrift in the Pacific Ocean but in a simulated place. The film is 127 minutes long and premiered in New York in September 2012. It won four Academy Awards including Best Picture and Best Director/ The movie was long but well described. Personally I didn’t like it because it wasn’t that realistic. However if you can suspend your belief and someone who is into drama then this is the movie for you.
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2014

Good but might be scary for young children

I watched this movie in the cinema with my parents, younger brother aged seven and younger sister aged three. It was not really suitable for my sister but since it was rated PG she came anyway instead of being left with my auntie and uncle. The movie itself is beautiful if you know what I mean but I can't say much about it as I might ruin it for anybody who hasn't seen it. There is none if any sexual content or swear words but it might be upsetting for kids younger than nine or maybe mature seven and eight year olds but definitely parental guidance if under nine. The movie is filled with animals and when he is on the boat a tiger lashes out at him and an animal is killed, this might be upsetting for little children but they might not understand, my sister thought it had just gone to sleep. There are a few other scenes where the tiger lashes out and there are also quite a few scenes about a boat which is sinking with passengers on board, which could be upsetting for some.
Kid, 10 years old January 11, 2014

Great Movie! A few animal hunting scenes...

A very touching movie about the survival of a boy stranded at sea with a.....tiger! A few scenes where the animals he rescued struggle for life. (eating other animals) I think it was a bit off a weird ending as the tiger just leaves him.......
Kid, 8 years old August 8, 2013

Cute but some killing

I liked it only one word its piss thats all i love The movie overall though. There are killing scenes where animals die i thought it was a good idea but could not happen really i mean seriously????a TIGER????
Kid, 11 years old July 13, 2013

Great movie

This movie is good, but sad and tear jerking , the end is happy and sad pi is patient and a bit insane but overall he's a great role model.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMinimoviecritic12 June 29, 2013

A real review

I'm sorry, I'm going to be completely honest with you. Don't listen to the reviews that say there is partial nudity... I'm mean come on! The kid is stranded on a boat in the middle of the Pacific ocean without a shirt. 2 year olds go swimming without shirts. Violence might be intense for young kids I'd say 4 and under, but it's just nature really. A tiger kills a hyena and a live goat (both off-scene) but the dead animals it drags along in its mouth might be a little disturbing for the youngsters. There is not much language at all some school kids call Pi (Piscine) pissing, but not bad, just bullying. It really has great messages about religion and survival, it's a beautiful movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie_lover_ May 17, 2013

Fine for 14yr olds - must see

Amazing special effects and imagery! Quite a sad film in the end, but definitely enjoyed it. Some parts violent between the animals killing each other, nothing it really shown though so nothing major. Really positive role models and messages based around determination to never give up, faith and friendship. Pi is a strong and courageous character, the ending is very clever and unexpected.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovielover7271 May 8, 2013

Pretty good

Lots of amazing visual effects and emotional scenes in this strongly supported and entertaining film. Pretty good
Teen, 13 years old Written bydoubleE March 11, 2013

Life of Pi is Sad, Depressing, and Emotionaly Scaring

This movie to this day still bothers me. Its tells the story of a boy trapped in a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean with a man-eating tiger. There really isn't more to say but by that description you shouldn't take anyone younger than thirteen. Its a grueling story of survival that goes on and on and plays with your emotion. For a PG movie, its not for kids nor will it interest them.
Teen, 15 years old Written bythecow December 12, 2012

The best message and quality movie!

this movie is so real! it has faith, reality and hope. the originality of the content is freaking beautiful. the way Pi believes in religion and god is heart wrenching. this movie is highly recommended to all. they speak about 3 main religions without offending any one of them. so beautiful the story, one word to describe is reality. it's truthful and intense. anyway kids maybe won't get it, some maybe bored. but the storyline is so beautiful and deep. it's a must see!
Kid, 11 years old December 11, 2012

Special effects marvel

This is an awesome movie . The story could be a true story as much as it is impossible. It is great for people who love animals. It is told in an interesting way with the boy who is now an adult in the story telling the story to a writer . This movie sends out a great message to always have hope and to never give up. It also shows that animals also have feelings. Although the story can be a bit repetitive and can be a bit boring it is a very original story with great filming with which you think how is filming this possible? I think this movie is for people of all ages and can be funny at some points but can be sad or scary at some other parts.