All teen and kid member reviews for Life of Pi

Kid, 11 years old November 23, 2012

wasnt really impressed

WAY TOO MUCH VIOLENCE! on a sail boat Pi loses his family and cries because the ship sank and there is alot of yelling throughtout this movie and alot of zoo animals drown in the water. On the life boat the hyena eats a zebra that has been suffering with a broken leg and tears it apart while its still alive. Later the hyena eats the chimp and then the tiger eats the hyena. there are a few very sad parts and i cried twice in this movie. Good story afterall, but i wouldbt really reccomend this to anyone whos looking for a nice movie to watch.
Kid, 9 years old May 3, 2013

Worst movie ever

Its was terrible!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydeJong May 28, 2013

The wonderful life of Pi

This was a very beautiful movie. The picture was fascinating to look at and the story line was great. It tells the story of Pi and his tiger Richard Parker learning to get along. They are stranded on a life boat together and need to survive. There are some scenes that may be a little violent for little kids.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywhiteblack February 19, 2013

Great movie!

Great movie! Its not at all the light hearted animation you might expect, more a deeply beautiful and moving story of survival. Because of the emotional intensity of this movie I'm recommending it for people over 13 years of age.
Teen, 13 years old Written byChocolateOrange November 25, 2012

Great movie

It's a good movie! I was spellbound. I think that it is a good movie for ages 12 and up because younger kids wouldn't get the spiritual message but would probably get the rest. It is a wonderful movie for all ages but there is animal violence. I also like how the movie didn't romanticize the animals in any way. The effects are beautiful and the story has a good message in it. It is well worth the watch and it will grip the attention of older audiences.
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2012

NOT FOR KIDS UNDER 14, BUT A MOVING STORY FOR ADULTS.

Parents, This Movie Is An Uplifting drama, with emotional, tearjerking scenes, but for your kids safety, don't let kids see this movie. The intense and disturbing shipwreck scene is just the start of it all. There is also partial nudity, strong violence, 1 use of F**k and D**k, and emotional material. My Rating - Rated PG-13 For Emotional Thematic Material, Child & Teen Imperilment Including Language, Brief Sexual References Involving A Nude Image, Disturbing Images & A Scene Of Mature Violent Content
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2013

SHOULD YOU SEE IT

life of pi is a positive movie of faith and god the things you should know is if your kid is scared of violence you should not take him/her to see it
Kid, 10 years old November 22, 2012

life of pi needs some pie

Only thing that might scare kid are the boat disaster and the tiger the tiger will probably not scare kids over 6or7
Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2013

So deep...

There is blood and an insane shipwreck. Also pi tells the officials that the animals were actually humans, so in other words he was involved in murder and is a canibal. Also almost every animal dies and the tiger is portrayed as more evil than a friend to pi. There are some swears too.
Kid, 8 years old June 17, 2015

Very intense, violent thriller/drama has some blood, language, and very scary scenes.

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of graphic violence, brief strong language, and pervasive peril.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJohnem95 December 2, 2012

Even though it's PG, doesn't mean kids will like it.

LIFE OF PI is a film adaption of the very popular book for (older) teens, not really a book for kids due to its thematic material in survival. Your kids may be interested in seeing the movie (if they've read the book, which I doubt they have) or because of the tiger and other animals in the movie. But make sure your kids know that yes, this movie is alright for older kids/young teens, but if you ask me, younger kids will be bored with the movie. Why is that? Because, first of all, it starts out pretty slow, and once the real action begins at sea, it almost becomes an episode of Man vs. Wild - with a tiger companion. The friendship between Pi and the tiger, Richard Parker is strong, moving, and beautiful to watch, and the tiger has cute moments, but it also is a wild animal - it kills other animals in various scenes, attacks Pi (which may scare younger kids) but doesn't injure him in any way, and is as big (if not bigger) than Pi himself. The movie throughout focuses on Pi as an adult telling a story to a fellow curious about his life, so you know Pi winds up living in the end, but even if you know that is happening, the scenes at sea are still deep, moving, and powerful as Pi begins to question if he'd be happier having God take his life - and that's a whole 'nother story - the movie has a FANTASTIC message having to do with faith, belief in god, perseverance, friendship, and loyalty, but young kids may be too young to realize the message the movie gives. So only take your kids to this one if they're aware that there is peril throughout, scary scenes involving the lion, a harrowing shipwreck, emotional deaths, and a message that may be too deep for them, but older kids and younger teens should get more out of this. And adults probably will be the ones getting the most out of this one.
Kid, 12 years old November 26, 2012

DO NOT WATCH IT!

A friend and I went to watch this movie, thinking it was good. But it was a VERY SCARY MOVIE! There is a scary tiger, and some of the scens are very realistic. I DON'T recomend this. (My BFFL and I are scared for life! WE WERE SUPOSED TO WATCH A JAMES BOND MOVIE!)
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 November 25, 2012

Wonderful, spiritual-centered movie

The narrative of "Pi" is incredibly original in storytelling at the masterful hands of Lee, but credit goes to the excellent book it's based on, one of my favorites. The film version stays remarkably true to the source, almost down to a T. I saw young children attendance who probably only came for the big orange tiger on the poster, but this movie is far from a CGI display. It's a movie that takes a hard look at faith, like the novel did, and what we ultimately believe in that guides our way. Get ready to see Pi and Richard Parker at the Oscars!
Kid, 10 years old November 24, 2012

Beautifuly Made Survival Story

Review by rsm2.This movie is a beautiful survival story about a teenage boy named Pi and a bengal tiger called Richard Parker stranded on a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean. Expertly crafted and not too violent [though at times in the movie it looks like Richard Parker is going to attack Pi], this movie is mediocre. Do not be fooled though, just because there is a tiger in this movie it does not mean it is action packed. There are long periods of time where Pi is just thinking [you can here his voice inside of his head]. Overall, this movie is just fine and I give it 3 out of five stars.
Teen, 15 years old Written bythecow December 12, 2012

The best message and quality movie!

this movie is so real! it has faith, reality and hope. the originality of the content is freaking beautiful. the way Pi believes in religion and god is heart wrenching. this movie is highly recommended to all. they speak about 3 main religions without offending any one of them. so beautiful the story, one word to describe is reality. it's truthful and intense. anyway kids maybe won't get it, some maybe bored. but the storyline is so beautiful and deep. it's a must see!
Kid, 11 years old December 11, 2012

Special effects marvel

This is an awesome movie . The story could be a true story as much as it is impossible. It is great for people who love animals. It is told in an interesting way with the boy who is now an adult in the story telling the story to a writer . This movie sends out a great message to always have hope and to never give up. It also shows that animals also have feelings. Although the story can be a bit repetitive and can be a bit boring it is a very original story with great filming with which you think how is filming this possible? I think this movie is for people of all ages and can be funny at some points but can be sad or scary at some other parts.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviedudde18 November 30, 2012

LOP

Good nothing great.
Teen, 13 years old Written byK bug November 21, 2012

Good.

Amazing special effects. When the animals eat each other it is a bit disturbing and i really didnt want to see that. Good story overall, you should see it buy it is not on my top reccomendation list. I cried once.
Teen, 15 years old Written byProf.Palmer August 13, 2014

Life of Pi Movie Review

Cast: Suraj Sharma, Irrfan Khan, Rafe Spall, Gerard Depardieu, Tabu and Adil Hussain Director: Ang Lee Synopsis: the film is a survival story part is about Pi and his family living in Pondicherry. They also run their own zoo Pi’s father decided to move to Canada. They boarded a Japanese freighter. One night a freak storm happened and then Pi fell off the boat and into a life boat. He shares the boat and into a life boat. He shares the boat with four animals: Zebra, hyena, orang-utan and the tiger. The animals have traits of various people. The film was well made with lots of special effects being used including computer generated images example: the tiger Richard Parker is not a real tiger and Pi is not adrift in the Pacific Ocean but in a simulated place. The film is 127 minutes long and premiered in New York in September 2012. It won four Academy Awards including Best Picture and Best Director/ The movie was long but well described. Personally I didn’t like it because it wasn’t that realistic. However if you can suspend your belief and someone who is into drama then this is the movie for you.
Kid, 10 years old March 22, 2014

Good but might be scary for young children

I watched this movie in the cinema with my parents, younger brother aged seven and younger sister aged three. It was not really suitable for my sister but since it was rated PG she came anyway instead of being left with my auntie and uncle. The movie itself is beautiful if you know what I mean but I can't say much about it as I might ruin it for anybody who hasn't seen it. There is none if any sexual content or swear words but it might be upsetting for kids younger than nine or maybe mature seven and eight year olds but definitely parental guidance if under nine. The movie is filled with animals and when he is on the boat a tiger lashes out at him and an animal is killed, this might be upsetting for little children but they might not understand, my sister thought it had just gone to sleep. There are a few other scenes where the tiger lashes out and there are also quite a few scenes about a boat which is sinking with passengers on board, which could be upsetting for some.